Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

The Players needs to step it up, no blame on RC!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah RC has been doing well, aside from the Robo situation. He's definitely not the issue with this team.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of people in this thread screaming for Carlisle's head, but not ONE person has suggested who the hell we're gonna replace him with...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't deny that I'm becoming concerned about Carlisle and his relationship with the locker room.

But please don't push the notion that Carlisle needs to be fired over any sort of in game performances. He's one of the best tacticians in the league. I'm certainly not 100% happy with his decisions, but that's never going to happen. Go read Spurstalk and see how often they crucify Pop for decisions.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs already replaced the coach and that didn't change the same issue which has been plaguing this team for years which is not having a worthy two guard. (at least one with some fricken size)

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

It ain't the coach, it's the roster.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

A nicely designed natural experiment:

Win Percentages....

2007-2008 = 62.2%
2008-2010 = 61.2%

Whatever variables changed from the 2007-2008 seasons...those variables didn't have any significant impact on wins and losses.

We can gripe all day about Carlisle running the three guard line-up and playing THIS guy rather than THAT guy, but the problem is fiddling with the back end or fiddling with the head coach of the rotation ain't where it's at.

Last edited by alexamenos; 02-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I don't think this latest phase should rest on RC. Sure his rotations suck, but at GSW it was 2 mistakes and you're on the pine, he was desperate to get the team back on track.

I blame this latest run on 2 things, brass allowing JHo rumors to surface and get out of control, the second is Dampier's knee. Scouts get paid for a reason and it's to find any weakness in the armor. The weakness is getting past Dallas one on one and then attack the cup and finish strong, Miller and Ellis were huge beneficiaries of that tactic. I'd give RC another season after we cash in on the Dampier piece.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

If Carlisle is gone in1 1/2 years, Byron Scott anyone? Are he and Kidd on good terms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
If Carlisle is gone in1 1/2 years, Byron Scott anyone? Are he and Kidd on good terms?
Doubt it. With Rambis gone, Scott maybe in line for the Laker job.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Byron Scott and Avery will have jobs by then.

Mark me down for : Bob Knight

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

After Dirk, Rick Carlisle is the only talent the Mavs have in the entire organization that is virtually guaranteed to still be a factor in the NBA 3 or 4 years from now. You don't fire him. The dude can coach.

Last edited by Rhylan; 02-10-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
After Dirk, Rick Carlisle is the only talent the Mavs have in the entire organization that is virtually guaranteed to still be a factor in the NBA 3 or 4 years from now. You don't fire him. The dude can coach.
I'm not in favor of firing Carlisle at this point, but I am in favor of him getting his head out of his butt when it comes to Beaubois.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I'm not in favor of firing Carlisle at this point, but I am in favor of him getting his head out of his butt when it comes to Beaubois.
That's the only beef I have right now. I'll tell you what I tell my wife - there has to be something going on in practices that we're not seeing. But this week added a twist. It's peculiar that in the middle of this malaise, Beaubois got a lot of pub for more or less "graduating" into the rotation.. came in, had a positive impact, and now all of a sudden he's been put back into hiding the last two games.

But we're not going to get a public explanation from the coach telling us all how much of a coaching marvel he is and why he's doing what he's doing. And honestly, after the self-proclaimed genius of Avery and the world class bullshitting of Nellie for 10 years, I'm okay with that for now. I like that he appears to save most of his talking for practices and huddles instead of TV cameras and reporters.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #15
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i don't think there's another coach in the league i'd want more than carlisle, honestly.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I don't think it's the coach either.

The only complaint I have is the handling of Roddy, but there could be reasons for that that we don't know yet...

I think Carlisle is a good coach. I think losing just makes everybody unhappy.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #17
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Good points made here. And yeah-Spurs fans are wanting Pop's head because he has strange rotations, fails to make adjustments, puts Finley and Bonner on the floor, can't cure cancer, walk on water,etc,etc,etc... Although benching Duncan and putting Blair on Gasol was an odd decision. And so far RJ looks to be a complete bust for the Spurs. Pop can't make him play better-he'll just continue to scream at RJ and hope he gets it.
I wish Carlisle hadn't devised his short rotation early on but continued playing the bench like he did earlier in the season. But Tim Thomas is God knows where, Singleton rarely gets play, Ross was injured this season, but can't score. So options are limited for him.
The players need to figure out how to motivate themselves-pride, money, another potential win, whatever gets them going. They are grown men getting paid obscene salaries for playing a game they supposedly love. Where's that love?
Losing does make everyone crabby and point fingers, but the blame can go to everyone here-but primarily the players. RC is culpable as well, but he can't go out there and play for them. They need to find their nuts and hearts and play. A loss is acceptable if the team plays hard and doesn't give the opposition everything they want.
Whatever is going on-it needs to be addressed and fixed quickly as possible.

But just for kicks, how about a Pop/Carlisle trade?
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #18
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, come on. I don't care if the dude is making mistakes or not. Mistakes and all, he's going to make a lot more of a positive impact than Super Spare III.
III? I know Armstrong was Super Spare... but who was Super Spare II?

The Mavs are in a funk right now and Carlisle is part of the problem. But I blame a lot of it on the players right now.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #19
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
III? I know Armstrong was Super Spare... but who was Super Spare II?
Anthony Johnson?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Anthony Johnson?
Nice memory.

Yes, I dubbed Armstrong the original Super Spare, and then Anthony Johnson was Super Spare II. And now, we have a trilogy.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle has made plenty of mistakes, but those mistakes are so far down the list of problems with this team, it's not even funny. You've got an aging roster of mediocre talent with key injuries, trade rumors, and at least one guy who's flat out given up on the team. Hell, it's amazing we're even in the playoff picture when you think about it. And we're supposed to fire the coach? Please...

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-11-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #22
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Wait for it...Wait for it...
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #23
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice memory.

Yes, I dubbed Armstrong the original Super Spare, and then Anthony Johnson was Super Spare II. And now, we have a trilogy.
I always dubbed him "Lard@ss."
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #24
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have it in me to read this thread because I think it will just anger me

Can someone just compile a list of everyone that thinks carlisle shouuld be fired and send it to me? It will be a nice little reference tool to look at so I know which readers' comments to ignore.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #25
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I don't have it in me to read this thread because I think it will just anger me

Can someone just compile a list of everyone that thinks carlisle shouuld be fired and send it to me? It will be a nice little reference tool to look at so I know which readers' comments to ignore.
This is the same roster that was winning us 75% of the games earlier this year. Obviously, something has gone wrong with the attitudes of the players. I don't know how you can spin it to make it look like Carlisle is doing a good job. Anytime it looks like the players don't care for a long period of time, the coach is definitely the one to blame for not being able to motivate them.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #26
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
This is the same roster that was winning us 75% of the games earlier this year. Obviously, something has gone wrong with the attitudes of the players. I don't know how you can spin it to make it look like Carlisle is doing a good job. Anytime it looks like the players don't care for a long period of time, the coach is definitely the one to blame for not being able to motivate them.
Again, injuries, trade rumors, and at least one guy who's flat out given up on the team. Most importantly, the roster just isn't very good. As for the early success this year? The team was just plain over-achieving. They were playing over their heads. Plain and simple. I knew it was going to come crashing down eventually (although I have to admit I didn't think it would get this bad.)

I'm not necessarily saying Carlisle has done a great job, or even a good one. His rotations certainly do puzzle me at times. However I can say without hesitation that he isn't even CLOSE to being the biggest problem with this team. I can also say somewhat comfortably that replacing him at this point is definitely not going to help matters any, especially considering we've got nobody to replace him with.

Nobody here has nearly enough information to say with any certainty that Carlisle is the reason the team isn't motivated enough. You can have the best coach in the world and the team is still going to struggle if you've got a clusterf*ck of a situation like we have right now.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #27
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Oh incidentally Isiah Thomas is out there for a coach if anyone is actually serious

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, Dan & Toni
Rick, Carl, & Lyle

All better coaches than Thomas. I have no doubt in my mind that Thomas would immediately try to trade Dirk for an inferior black player within his first week.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #29
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mike, Dan & Toni
Rick, Carl, & Lyle

All better coaches than Thomas. I have no doubt in my mind that Thomas would immediately try to trade Dirk for an inferior black player within his first week.
No. I promise you, Eddy Curry is THIS close to being the next Shaq.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #30
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

this is retarted. carlisle is a good coach, and one of the best at drawing up plays.

i loved avery, and i would of liked dantoni before we hires carlisle, but im happy with him.

if we were to fire him and need a new coach, marc jackson is at the top of my list.

but im fine with our current staff it aint their fault we lose games
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Jackson is a beer-drinking Avery Johnson. Just sayin.

Honestly I'd love to have Harris back as an assistant, and if we were to sack Carlisle (which is WAY premature) then I'd take Doug Collins for his BBIQ, if he was even willing to come back to coaching, but there isnt a coach out there that is better than Carlisle.

There are plenty of reasons that Johnson and Thomas aren't coaching right now. New York was just too dumb to fire Thomas earlier. Jackson was an amazing basketball player with extremely high BBIQ, but I'm not sold on him as a coach.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-12-2010 at 08:57 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Josh not showing up and Damp's bad knee are the factors I consider that are crushing this team's spirit...not sure how much of that is Carlisle's fault, but I'd wager very little.

Josh's time is just up, I don't see how that is Carlisle's fault. Stein said yesterday it is clear that despite all his efforts (from early on), Rick has never been able to get "in" with Josh. They just never meshed.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #33
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Well Carlisle has the rest of this season now to prove he can win with talent. The team spirit should naturally be much better now.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 02-13-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #34
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

JVG is easily the best guy not coaching...but I don't think he's really interested in coming back.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #35
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Seriously...today is one of those days on wich I cannot understand his desicions...
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #36
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Carlisle doesn't know what talent is. How can he not play Beaubois while Barea is sucking it up? The offense is very stagnant as well. I thought Kidd was supposed to fix that? Can you say overrated?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #37
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

edit: nevermind...wrong thread

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 02-16-2010 at 10:07 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #38
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

kidd is finished i said it from day 1 he is a back up pg , this team will not win with kid playing big minutes , kidd will be good on the lakers, magic, cavs,, not here , we have to let time tell the future of this team , it might be time to start thinking rebuilding the team , or lets get wade here
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #39
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankvizza View Post
kidd is finished i said it from day 1 he is a back up pg , this team will not win with kid playing big minutes , kidd will be good on the lakers, magic, cavs,, not here , we have to let time tell the future of this team , it might be time to start thinking rebuilding the team , or lets get wade here
agrred with that.id trade dirk to the nets for brook lopez and the 1st pick in the draft(john wall) or the syracuse guy. we can still get good value for dirk right now.but it wont happen.mark cuban wont go in rebuilding mode as long as dirk is here.

Last edited by clutch#41; 04-26-2010 at 03:06 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #40
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

there is no way a team with this much talent should be playing this bad.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kiss the ring bitch, penis, spoiled petulant fans, this ---->, thread diarrhea