Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #401
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

My official prediction after reviewing the (rather weak) schedule again, is 12-4.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #402
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
The Cowboys will cover that spread with a TO touchdown dance to spare!

The offseason is over, big fella. It's time for you to start an IN-SEASON thread! This 13-3 steamroller is warming up its engines!
TO owns.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #403
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
My official prediction after reviewing the (rather weak) schedule again, is 12-4.
sadly, it's looking like a 10-6 campaign if we're lucky.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #404
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
yes, the Cowboys may indeed notch 13 wins.... over the next TWO seasons.
Yes, the Hokies may indeed notch 13 wins.... over the prosecuting attorneys trying to nail their "stand-up" players.

A couple of past examples of class:

Clarett MUST have been denied because he wasn't crazy enough because Lord knows he tried to get into Thug-U...

And yes I know all about UTs recent issues so save it!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #405
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It might be the Redskins, not the Hokies, that he has a hardon for.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #406
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

DMN now reporting that the HGH Wade Wilson bought was in an attempt to treat impotence. Uncomfortable, to say the least.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #407
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
DMN now reporting that the HGH Wade Wilson bought was in an attempt to treat impotence. Uncomfortable, to say the least.
he said diabetes earlier this week...smells fishy.

anyone else think it's kinda weird how this whole HGH/steroids thing follow Wade Phillips around?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:08 AM   #408
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
he said diabetes earlier this week...smells fishy.

anyone else think it's kinda weird how this whole HGH/steroids thing follow Wade Phillips around?
Smells fishy? Impotence is very common thing for men with diabetes. And as the article states, normal impotence medication typically doesn't work for some diabetics. He stated that he was "trying to improve quality of life". What smells fishy about that?

And he tried the drugs last season, while with the Bears. Has nothing to do with Wade Phillips.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #409
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

two days

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #410
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i've gone from being all crazy in my sports happy to omg this looks like Parcell's collection of over-hyped wusses and losers....the ass-kicking at the hand of the mighty mighty texans set me back a notch (yeah, yeah preseason and all), and the newman, glenn, ellis collection of lingering injuries really has me tapping the breaks.

i hope they don't suck, but I'm not certain that this year's hype is just a repeat of last year's mistaken hype.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #411
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
i've gone from being all crazy in my sports happy to omg this looks like Parcell's collection of over-hyped wusses and losers....the ass-kicking at the hand of the mighty mighty texans set me back a notch (yeah, yeah preseason and all), and the newman, glenn, ellis collection of lingering injuries really has me tapping the breaks.

i hope they don't suck, but I'm not certain that this year's hype is just a repeat of last year's mistaken hype.
I don't think you'll see as many draw plays on 3rd and 12, if that makes you feel any better.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #412
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3008815

Glenn hurts knee in practice; could be out indefinitely

By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: September 7, 2007, 12:14 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips has ruled out wide receiver Terry Glenn for Sunday night's game against the New York Giants because of a knee injury that could sideline him indefinitely.

Terry Glenn

Glenn
"It's a blow not to have him for this ballgame," Philips told reporters Friday morning.

Glenn suffered an injury to his surgically repaired right knee during Wednesday's practice. On Aug. 1, Glenn had a cyst removed from the knee and missed the entire preseason. The injury suffered Wednesday was a new injury, possibly involving cartilage.

Phillips said the team is gathering more information about the injury and more tests will be done to determine Glenn's long-term future. The Cowboys briefly posted a story on their Web site Thursday that Glenn might have to go on the injured reserve list but pulled the story quickly after reviewing the injury.

Glenn is expected to miss at least two weeks, but the tests will determine exactly how long he will be out. Patrick Crayton, who has filled in for Glenn during the preseason, will get the start on the other side of Terrell Owens.

Phillips said it would be a gametime decision on whether cornerback Terence Newman will be able to play with his plantar fascia foot injury. Linebacker Kevin Burnett returned to practice Thursday. He is recovering from ankle surgery.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #413
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Geez... DeSean Jackson won't get here soon enough.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #414
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3008815

Glenn hurts knee in practice; could be out indefinitely

By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: September 7, 2007, 12:14 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips has ruled out wide receiver Terry Glenn for Sunday night's game against the New York Giants because of a knee injury that could sideline him indefinitely.

Terry Glenn

Glenn
"It's a blow not to have him for this ballgame," Philips told reporters Friday morning.

Glenn suffered an injury to his surgically repaired right knee during Wednesday's practice. On Aug. 1, Glenn had a cyst removed from the knee and missed the entire preseason. The injury suffered Wednesday was a new injury, possibly involving cartilage.

Phillips said the team is gathering more information about the injury and more tests will be done to determine Glenn's long-term future. The Cowboys briefly posted a story on their Web site Thursday that Glenn might have to go on the injured reserve list but pulled the story quickly after reviewing the injury.

Glenn is expected to miss at least two weeks, but the tests will determine exactly how long he will be out. Patrick Crayton, who has filled in for Glenn during the preseason, will get the start on the other side of Terrell Owens.

Phillips said it would be a gametime decision on whether cornerback Terence Newman will be able to play with his plantar fascia foot injury. Linebacker Kevin Burnett returned to practice Thursday. He is recovering from ankle surgery.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
who was it that said this team was pretty old and would be hobbled this season? they're looking more and more like a genius every day..
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #415
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Crayton can do just about anything Glenn can...just a step slower...

runs amazing routes, has wonderful hands, and is fearless over the middle

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #416
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think you'll see as many draw plays on 3rd and 12, if that makes you feel any better.
what will make me feel even better ill be if the D doesn't give up first downs when the opposition runs draw plays on 3rd and 12.........
Old 09-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #417
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well you didn't watch our ballclub last year if you think that was our big problem.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #418
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

on defense, I want tnew to have a breakout year.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #419
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Bad timing with his injury for that want.

I want it too, but I guess we will see. If we truly can pressure more his interception numbers should go up but it all depends on his health...
Old 09-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #420
sike
The Preacha

anyone got any guesses on how many sacks Ware will have this season?

Old 09-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #421
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

16.5 sacks for ware

I want tnew to have 10 ints. yes 10.

haha am I asking for too much

Contact Me
Old 09-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #422
sike
The Preacha

I think I'd be happy with 12-14...but I'd take bigger #s

Old 09-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #423
alby
Guru

12-14 is good if we have another double digit sacker

Contact Me
Old 09-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #424
mkat
Platinum Member

Ware should get 18 at least. I mean...he'll be rushing even more than he did last year...and he got 11.5 then.

Newman will be lucky to get 4-5 INTs with his condition, I think.

Hopefully Spencer can come on and get 6-8.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #425
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Give me 10-6. I'm kind of expecting a crap loss or two w/the injuries/new coach early on.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #426
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I find it impossible to make a prediction for this team. I you could guarantee me that Glenn will play at least half the season, and Newman will be perfectly healthy, and Ellis will come back, I'd say they're an 11-5 team.

But with all the question marks, I think 9-7 is likely.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #427
mkat
Platinum Member

ok chum...can you put the kool-aid down now?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #428
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
They looked good against the Giants
Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #429
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
They looked good against the Giants

Well, the offense did anyway...

However, if our defense is our most glaring weakness, then we have the right guy as head coach to fix that problem over the season...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #430
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

okay, so fergy is out for the season..do we go after tank johnson now? I think I'll agree to that!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #431
alby
Guru

or simon

but lets see how ratliff does for a full game first

Contact Me
Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #432
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Wade isn't too worried about Ratliff.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote