Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #81
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Hank has officially become...a badass.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #82
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:The Official Tracking the Texas Rangers Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Hank has officially become...a badass.
From your lips to my ears buddy.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #83
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

ugly game today
Old 07-05-2004, 01:54 AM   #84
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Well, no sweep at least. And the Rangers do win the Silver Boot b/c they won the tiebreaker by outscoring Houston in the series. Club record 2 grand slams today by Blalock (pinch hit) & Teixiera. They were certainly hitting well today.

On a separate note, I went to the Rough Riders game for 4th of July & got to see Nix play. He seems like he's still hurt, the official site says he had soreness from a play on Saturday & he left Sunday's game early. He did get an RBI single. The coolest thing that happened was a dude named Curry, who I think they just acquired, hit an inside-the-park homerun. Fun game.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #85
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Rodriguez complete game today, 3-hitter. Very nice. And Rangers win 10-0, still in first.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

I got to watch innings 7-8 at lunch today. Greatness.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #87
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Buck said on the radio this morning that Rusty may be back in September. My goodness, I had about forgot about that guy!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #88
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Rangers lost but no problem great choke by oakland in the 9th. Rangers still have 2 game lead over a's
Old 07-11-2004, 06:06 PM   #89
ames7
Diamond Member

The Rangers keep the 2 game lead in first going into the break. What a first half.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:00 PM   #90
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

The end of the game today scared me. Drese should have stayed in longer eventhough Boston started hitting off of him. Cordero really made a statement this afternoon IMO.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #91
Drbio
Banned

Who is that again in First freaking place in the AL West at the All Star break?

That's right.....

It is YOUR Texas Rangers!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 AM   #92
PlanoJ

PlanoJ is on a distinguished road

Ricardo Rodriguez has looked really good in the starts I've seen on him. ESPN lists him as 26 and this is only his second full season in the pro's so maybe he's finally getting it. I don't expect the .78 ERA to continue but maybe he'll develop into our 3rd or 4th starter for the next few years. He's certainly holding it down right now. Also, I think RA Dickey should get a couple more starts. He looked really good at the beginning of the year and maybe he was just a bit tired for a while there. If Benoit struggles the two should switch rolls again.
PlanoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:59 AM   #93
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

If u ask me our rotation should be

Rogers
Drese
Rodriguez
Dominguz
Dickey
Old 07-18-2004, 10:26 AM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
If u ask me our rotation should be

Rogers
Drese
Rodriguez
Dominguz
Dickey
I'd stick with Benoit a little longer. The Rangers need to make absolutely sure whether or not he is a player that they want to move forward with after this season. Yes, I'm running short on patience with the guy, but I do believe he needs a few more starts to turn it around. His stuff is simply too good to take him out of the rotation at this point.

If he's not in the rotation, I believe you have to go with Regilio, Narron, or Snare.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:18 PM   #95
robattacks5

robattacks5 is on a distinguished road

When the Rangers give up on Benoit, he will go somewhere else and become a star, like many ex-ranger pitchers before him. Kevin Brown, Loiza, Moyer, and so on.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:34 PM   #96
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: robattacks5
When the Rangers give up on Benoit, he will go somewhere else and become a star, like many ex-ranger pitchers before him. Kevin Brown, Loiza, Moyer, and so on.
The Rangers didn't 'give up' on Brown.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:45 PM   #97
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Tex is god. Wow. Losing 5-1 in the 8th and we scored 6 runs. Win it 7-5.

Tex hits a grandslam.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:48 PM   #98
ames7
Diamond Member

Fantastic win. Tex is just...unbelievable. This is the kind of game that really makes you think about just how far this team can go.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:52 PM   #99
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

You gotta love the grand slam on the first pitch EXACTLY when the Rangers needed it!
Old 07-18-2004, 09:53 PM   #100
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

That was awesome...i missed it...but it was awesome!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #101
robattacks5

robattacks5 is on a distinguished road

I saw it!! It was a bomb!! Grand Slam. What do you call this team? The team that refused to give up, never say die Rangers. Is it too early to say future hall of famer Texiera?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #102
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it too early to say future hall of famer Texiera?
yeah.
give it a couple more days and ask again...I may just be feeling fickle

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:14 AM   #103
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

At the rate Tex is hitting home runs now, he could be in the 500 club in about 4 more seasons.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:53 AM   #104
PlanoJ

PlanoJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
At the rate Tex is hitting home runs now, he could be in the 500 club in about 4 more seasons.
His 162 homers a year over that period would be like a record or something.
PlanoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #105
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Unless he means the Rangers "gave up" on trying to re-sign him 'cause he wanted so much money.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #106
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Quote:
Unless he means the Rangers "gave up" on trying to re-sign him 'cause he wanted so much money.
Judging by the other two players that were mentioned in his post, I think it's pretty safe to say that he did not mean "gave up" in that context. But, I'm sure you already know that.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:34 PM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

I'm a little disheartened by Young's play at shortstop. He really does need to move back to second at some point. For some reason, he just doesn't seem to be making the plays that he needs to make on a routine basis.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 PM   #108
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Benoit sucks...he gave up 7 ER in 2.1 IP tonight. That's horrible...
Old 07-20-2004, 08:10 AM   #109
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I've been saying that for months.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 AM   #110
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
He has sucked. It's amazing how he turns good stuff into line drive doubles in the gap.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:06 AM   #111
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: PlanoJ
Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
His 162 homers a year over that period would be like a record or something.
Genius.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:30 AM   #112
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He has sucked. It's amazing how he turns good stuff into line drive doubles in the gap.
I'm starting to think his stuff never was that good.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:28 AM   #113
Drbio
Banned

Don't be surprised to see him on the waiver wire as he is out of options. He would have to clear waivers before a demotion to AAA. Someone would claim him though.

I can't see the Rangers keeping him much longer in the bigs.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #114
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm starting to think his stuff never was that good.
He has superb movement on his fastball. Unfortunately, it has been moving from the corner to the middle of the plate entirely too often.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:34 PM   #115
Drbio
Banned

The only movement on his ball lately has been from the bat to section 43B, Seats 17-18.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2004, 09:54 PM   #116
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

it's rather unfortunate to see a guy unable to wrap his mind around his abilities. AND it's only unfortunate because this is the type of guy that'll figure it out on another team.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #117
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Another win. That was a nice bottom of the 8th to regain the lead.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:20 PM   #118
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

TEX has 8 guys with 10 or more HR's, and Dellucci has 9....speak softly and carry big sticks...
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:46 PM   #119
ames7
Diamond Member

I heard a really remarkable fact this week. The Rangers have still not lost a series at home this season. W/the split tonight, that's still alive, knock on wood.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:38 AM   #120
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
it's rather unfortunate to see a guy unable to wrap his mind around his abilities. AND it's only unfortunate because this is the type of guy that'll figure it out on another team.
Yeah....you are right. He'll become the next Greg Maddux on his next team. He is an enigma. Extrtemely talented and mentally soft. The mental part can improve, but Hershiser hasn't found the way to unlock him yet.