Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight's episode seemed kinda silly to me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #82
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Anyway...

great episode tonight. I knew it was going to be the baldy, but I didnt' know Jack's dad was still in on it...I guess him shooting his own men during the escape took all doubt away from Jack that his father betrayed him. Jack is going to kill them both before the season ends...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #83
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What seemed silly to me was A) how easy it was for Jack and his dad to get out of that situation, and B) why they would give Morris that news, knowing how he would react?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that was pretty crazy. Great episode

and chum, I agree that it was pretty silly how easily it was to escape, but I guess that's kind of how the show goes. I try not linger on stuff like that anymore.

Why do they keep on referring to saving "the company" ?

Does the company mean something besides just a business and money? Why in the hell would it be necessary to kill CTu agents and a president, to set up Jack to take the fall just save their business?
Old 02-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #85
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

This show is greatness!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #86
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Solid episode. It was a little tense when CTU forced Jack to make out with his brother. Other than that, this was a great episode.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #87
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

2 hours tomorrow?

hell yeah
Old 02-12-2007, 12:57 AM   #88
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Are you two timing, Flaco?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #89
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

No way dude.

24 gets watched live, and then Heroes just as soon as I can after.

Looks like Jack is going to learn about bomb defusal tomorrow from the previews..
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #90
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Yeah, maybe he can pull a Neo and have it uploaded by Chloe.

Damn, I am good..

Last edited by Nemesis; 02-12-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #91
Nemesis
Diamond Member

"Dammit, Chloe...I said bomb diffusion progam"
Old 02-12-2007, 01:56 AM   #92
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Does the company mean something besides just a business and money? Why in the hell would it be necessary to kill CTu agents and a president, to set up Jack to take the fall just save their business?
Shhhh... this is just the part the audience is supposed to blindly accept. Or at least make up their own excuses for why it's believeable so they can justify their undying love for the show.

Don't worry, I love the show too btw, but I won't go to any lengths to defend any glaring holes and/or inconsistencies it leaves behind.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, perhaps it's something that we'll find out later on this season..
Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #94
Nemesis
Diamond Member

This show has no holes. It's genius I tell you!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #95
chumdawg
Guru

Would you please fill me in (I'm sorry, but I only started watched the show at the beginning of this season, and I regret that I have missed a couple episodes even this year) on what is the deal with that Tom guy? I think that's his name. The guy who got the woman ousted last week and is clearly trying to get rid of the President. What is his deal? Who does he work for? What exactly is he trying to accomplish? Thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #96
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Would you please fill me in (I'm sorry, but I only started watched the show at the beginning of this season, and I regret that I have missed a couple episodes even this year) on what is the deal with that Tom guy? I think that's his name. The guy who got the woman ousted last week and is clearly trying to get rid of the President. What is his deal? Who does he work for? What exactly is he trying to accomplish? Thanks.
He's new this season, Chum. We don't know much except for that he apparently hates the president and wouldn't mind at all being in a position where he could have a little more leverage to do what he wants to do.

The way this show goes sometimes, he could start to turn likeable at some point, or die, or be a force next season.

who knows.... ?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #97
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Anybody see the previews for the next hour? I thought the previews were pretty intense.. Looks like a George Lucas moment w/ Jack finding out his Dad is Darth Vader!.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #98
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I already can't wait for him to kill his jerk of a father
Old 02-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #99
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #100
Nemesis
Diamond Member

I have a feeling it won't be on this day..
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #101
Nemesis
Diamond Member

I have a feeling it won't be on this day..
Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #102
Nemesis
Diamond Member

I love how at most 4 members watch this show....WTF?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #103
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Remember the part when Jack was torturing his brother and then he looked up and saw his dad looking back at him and then stopped? Did anyone else find themselves saying "That'll do, pig" to the TV screen?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #104
Nemesis
Diamond Member

THis show rules!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #105
Murphy3
Guru

I watch it religiously....
Old 02-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #106
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Is 24 a religion?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

To some...
Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 AM   #108
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

I think I have missed one episode, in season two. There are at least five members that watch this show! IMO, best show on TV currently. Le Femme Nakita was cooler, and had more cold blooded plot twists than 24 .... if you can believe that. Plus, its star was much more pleasant on the eyes.

For all those who haven't caught LFN on DVD, you are missing a real treat. There are five seasons total, and the writing is in top gear by season two.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #109
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Jack finds out tonight that his Dad is Darth Vader...
Old 02-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #110
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Remember the part when Jack was torturing his brother and then he looked up and saw his dad looking back at him and then stopped? Did anyone else find themselves saying "That'll do, pig" to the TV screen?
I don't really understand what you're asking.

Are you asking:
#1 If we felt Jack was going too far in his torture of his brother? Not really, except that the brother is more valuable alive, right?

#2 If we already knew Jack's dad was a pig? I kind of wondered if he was "dirty", but I thought Jack showed weakness to spare his brother based on his feelings/thoughts for his dad.

Last edited by Smiles; 02-19-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #111
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
To some...
To others its crap.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #112
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Jack doesn't die tonight.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #113
Nemesis
Diamond Member

^good call

^^then don't watch it...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #114
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
I don't really understand what you're asking.

Are you asking:
#1 If we felt Jack was going too far in his torture of his brother? Not really, except that the brother is more valuable alive, right?

#2 If we already knew Jack's dad was a pig? I kind of wondered if he was "dirty", but I thought Jack showed weakness to spare his brother based on his feelings/thoughts for his dad.
The actor who plays Jack's father also played the farmer in "Babe". The contrast is hilarious.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #115
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Another EXCELLENT episode. This is the best show EVER!! EVER!!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #116
chumdawg
Guru

I can't believe how sucked into this show I am. It's practically a cult classic it's so bad (as far as the plots and such go), but hey, it's practically a cult classic. This damn thing is addictive!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #117
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I can't believe how sucked into this show I am. It's practically a cult classic it's so bad (as far as the plots and such go), but hey, it's practically a cult classic. This damn thing is addictive!
Did you understand tonight's episode? "I'm gonna sacrifice myself along with my pursuit of stopping three nuclear bombs from exploding, all for the sake of some kid named Josh."
Old 02-20-2007, 02:38 AM   #118
chumdawg
Guru

But..."It's the only chance we have"!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #119
Nemesis
Diamond Member

This is the last time I bump this thread for discussion...I'm about to take the hint and let this fall into thread hell..

Monday nights episode was one of the best of the season IMO.. The ex-president is such a good actor that it was needed for him to come back in the picture. Jack needs to pick up his game in the acting department this series.. I think the emmy went to his head..Anyway, strong episode and it is about to get very interesting once the vice president takes over...

Last edited by Nemesis; 03-01-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #120
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I finally got caught up tonight after being a couple of weeks behind.....

good stuff as always. Addicting as always!!!

Dont let the plot holes and improbabilities affect the way you watch this show. It's a good freaking show.

Go Jack go!!

Tags
jack bauer pwns yer face