Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-24-2001, 01:54 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Don't mean to use this forum to peddle my stuff, but I'm basically stuck with a brand new Sony SR17K laptop and need to sell it asap. I won it over at uBid (yup the auction site) for $1275 + $30 s/h. I needed a small, compact laptop for travel and presentations for my new modeling business, but decided I'd rather have a different comp. But stupid uBid billed my cc and shipped it out anyway, even though they weren't supposed to. Anyway, here's a pic. It's 2.9lbs, an inch thick, and pretty powerful (PIII 700MHz, 128MB, 20GB). It also sells for $2000 at eCost.com and over $2300 at Computers4Sure.com.

I've had the rather pain-in-the-arse experience of listing it on eBay (my first ever experience with eBay), so it can be seen here. I'll sell it for $1300 straight-up (the exact amount I paid) plus the cost of shipping. If you or anyone you know might be interested in it, please let me know! I need to pay off the bill once it comes before I can place an order for the model I'm interested in. Thx all!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Hell yeah I want it. But I went through my piggy bank and I only managed to find about $480 bucks. Will that do?

PPLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I'd like to accomodate all loyal members here ([img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]), I really need to sell it so I can pay its bill. What sucks about this is I spent hours at Frys and CompUSA the past couple days staring at the two side by side (the SR17 and the other model I'm interested in). Right when I finally convinced myself which one to go with, I get the damn "order has shipped" confirmation from uBid. Ugh!
Old 07-24-2001, 02:51 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

If worse comes to worse, I guess I'll just keep it. One of its intended uses will be to broadcast live webcasts from modeling parties I'm hoping to help throw in some LA nightclubs.
Old 07-24-2001, 02:53 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote