Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default anyone married?

how long? what is her name? do you have children? TIPS PLEASE?

Old 09-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: anyone married?

Yes, I am married. Last March we celebrated our 10 year Anniversary. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Her name is Mrs. u2sarajevo.

We have 3 children.

Tips? Have lots of children. When times are rough, give her a backrub. When you give her a backrub, never ask for one in return. After you have children, still go out on dates.

Oh..... and have lots of children.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, a little personal, but here goes.

yes, for just over a year.

her name is Normal Sized Girl Laroux

tips... don't buy into the fighting. my wife loves to try to pick fights. i don't give her the reaction she wants, and even call her on trying to start stuff.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

not married

tip: If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So for my personal point of view: get an ugly girl to marry you
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:anyone married?

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
not married

tip: If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So for my personal point of view: get an ugly girl to marry you
My wife is Beautiful. And I'm happy.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

awww was your wife standing behind you when you posted that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Married 14 years.
5 Kids + 1 nephew
Ms. Dalmations202

Wife is gorgeous, and I am very happy.

Advice: Treat your wife as if she is a queen, but always remember that you are the one that is the leader of the family and the one that has to take responsibility for everything and everyone.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #8
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I've been married 75 days.

Her name is Dollface, Baby, Babycakes or B... depending on my mood.

Unsolicited foot and back massages, flowers cause it's tuesday, and fill her car up with gas when she's not expecting it.

Never go to bed angry.

Don't ever fight about money.

Don't try to solve her problems... she doesn't want you to. She wants you to listen and relate.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
awww was your wife standing behind you when you posted that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Nope. But sometimes I wish she could come to work with me.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

No marriage here...
Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #11
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

her name is Michiko. we have one child, a daughter, named Lauren, who is 2 now...

my wife was born in Osaka, Japan to a Japanese mother and a half-American father...she lived there until she was 10 and is fluent in Japanese, which makes her the only person who can translate Japanese wrestling commentary for me...Lauren was born when she was 21 and I was 18 and we're learning about being married. it's great so far, but it can be rough at times...if anyone has anymore tips, please let me know
Old 09-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #12
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I am married. Will be three years on the 27th of this month to a beautiful woman named Dayna.

Tip: Don't forget the small things. Enough small things slowly becomes big things. and have flowers sent to her at work...It makes all of her co-workers jealous!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #13
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hahah

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Underrated there El. Who sang that anyway, I vaguely remember it.

Quote:
Don't try to solve her problems... she doesn't want you to. She wants you to listen and relate.
Ain't that the freaking truth...wow have I eliminated disagreements after figuring that out.

Married going on 5 years. 2 kids.

Definitely like the advice on dates. Very important to not neglect your husband/wife duties in favor of dad/mom duties. Tough balance sometimes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:52 AM   #15
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

married, 14 years.

two boys, 13 and 7. the younger is the spitting image of me, the older one looks just like dirk would look if he were 5'7" and 13. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

have kids, but get most of your funtime stuff out of the way first (cruises, trips to vegas, etc) because, although you should always go on "dates", its pretty difficult to plan and / or afford the trips once the kids are there.

always give your spouse (and friends, and family, and everyone else, but especially your spouse) RESPECT - don't fight in public, no name calling or demeaning comments, don't make plans without consulting the other person, don't ask permission but always check-in, etc..

and, talk, scream, fight, whisper, whatever, but COMMUNICATE. she / he can't read your mind, even after 14 years.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #16
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome wife, 25 years happily married.
3 kids at college now and we are really havin' some fun.

Advice; ..... worship together !

and watch the Mav's whenever possible.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
anyone married?
Does "HELL" go with "NO"?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Will be married 9 months tomorrow to my beautiful bride (and she's miles away as I write this). Her name is Mrs. LRB. Tips? Let's see, nothing puts a woman in a romantic mood than surprising her by doing some unexpected housework while's she's out. And the unexpected gift of flowers is a close second. Combine them only if you're feeling especially energetic though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #19
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
not married

my fiancee is totally hot. everyone tells me and when we go to clubs, shes constantly hit on by guys.

pretty funny really. and we're completely happy together. life is good.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #20
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Married 7.5 years. Her name is... I mean his name is Scott. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Best. Guy. Ever. I would even take him over Raef!

BBL, that's funny. My husband would probably say the same of me. He just won't fight with me, no matter how hard I try to get under his skin! Hmmmm...advice.... remember that love is an action, not a feeling. You have to show your significant other on a daily basis just how much he/she means to you. And when she asks if she looks fat, the answer is never yes. And always tell her you like her haircut right after she gets it chopped off. If you really don't, you can let her know later, but not right after. And her butt NEVER looks big, but her chest ALWAYS does (but not too big...). And she is definitely prettier than that girl she is pointing to. And every once in a while it is fun to light some candles and dance to a Jim Brickman cd, just the two of you. And make her laugh. There's nothing better than being able to laugh together, not at each other, but together. Be her best friend. Wow. I'm a lucky girl. My Scott does all of that and more! [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Married for 26 years now.. Extremely happy...Have two kiddos and the only, the only regret I have is not having 2-4 more. At the time we were both working and it just wasn't much fun. After mrs. dude stayed home to take care of the kiddos and home school them, I wanted as many as possible, but c'est la vie, we'd already taken care of that after number 2.

Only tip I have is to let each other have the space to be themselves, don't crowd each other and try to make them like what you like, it may/may not happen. If the other has a hobby or friends that doesn't include you that is okay and probably healthy. Always understand that it's a partnership deal and you are both in it and living it together.

Oh...one other thing, set aside time for each other. Actually, physically, schedule time for each other especially when it comes to the bedroom. It can become very easy to forget about taking time for one another.

It's a wonderful thing to have a life-partner who can and does share the woes, laughs and the sunsets as well as sunrises. Good luck.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #22
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

married for 4 years now. Her name is Mrs Mavsfanforever. One baby boy.
Tips: Get married.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:15 PM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not. Although I wish I was. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote