Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #561
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Prediction: the moment we hear news that Roddy will be practicing and playing at a certain date, there will be a bunch of posts of "I hope he is not returning to play too soon, maybe he should wait until next year".
I wouldn't be opposed to shutting him down for the year if he isn't clear to play by a certain date.
Not to compare Roddy to Blake G, Blake was cleared to play in February (i think), but the Clippers shut him down for the year anyway.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #562
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I think I'll go with SMC definition. Thanks though.

Yeah, it was definitely funnier.

C'mon people don't be so doom and gloom. Nobody said anything about a possible missed year. He got injured, what, 4 months ago? It's a tricky injury, but not a serious one. There is nothing that would indicate he may have to miss the whole season. Even if he's only ready early februar, that's still not the end of the world, and should be enough time to get him ready. THe kid will be fine.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #563
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to shutting him down for the year if he isn't clear to play by a certain date.
Not to compare Roddy to Blake G, Blake was cleared to play in February (i think), but the Clippers shut him down for the year anyway.
He had a (semi)serious knee injury though.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #564
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I'm ready to give up.

If Roddy comes back and is useful fine, but I think we should all now begin to assume that he won't.

And I really think the Mavs should start dangling him for trade.

There's something seriously wrong here.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:47 AM   #565
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post

Yeah, it was definitely funnier.

C'mon people don't be so doom and gloom. Nobody said anything about a possible missed year. He got injured, what, 4 months ago? It's a tricky injury, but not a serious one. There is nothing that would indicate he may have to miss the whole season. Even if he's only ready early februar, that's still not the end of the world, and should be enough time to get him ready. THe kid will be fine.
Going on 5 isn't it?

And when he was injured it was only supposed to be a 6 week injury.

And nearly 5 months in, still no timetable at all for when he'll return. They just keep saying 2 weeks and they've been saying that for 4 months.

At what point do we become stupid as fans for NOT being doom and gloom? Clearly they're hiding something.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #566
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I'm ready to give up.

If Roddy comes back and is useful fine, but I think we should all now begin to assume that he won't.

And I really think the Mavs should start dangling him for trade.

There's something seriously wrong here.
I think I just read something that could be even more wrong than Roddy's injury. And I'm not even going into your numbers logic in the second post. Someone else might want to exploit it and send you back to the drawing board...

Roddy's healing process is far from perfect and something to worry about, particularly due to the lack of status updates. However, unless we hear otherwise, there's absolutely no reason to call it a season because of a broken foot in December.

Why being overly pessimistic when there's actually zero evidence (or even a hint) that he'll be out for the season? Roddy isn't the first athlete who is taking more time than expected to come back from an injury. That actually happens every now and again.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #567
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I believe we're looking at an early February return according to the pregame interview with RB last night.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #568
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
I believe we're looking at an early February return according to the pregame interview with RB last night.
I believe that you may very well be right, but I'm going to pretend you're not.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #569
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
What was said in the interview?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #570
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

An early february return?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #571
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
What was said in the interview?
I'd like to know that too. There was a mention in one of the ex-db.com articles of Booby saying something vague about a couple weeks. Even if two weeks was just spit-balling it's still considerably closer than February.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #572
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The bright side is that teams won't have a full season to scout Roddy. He'll almost certainly be a secret weapon no matter what as long as he returns this season.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #573
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

February would be quite the downer as far as getting him into the rotation and building the necessary chemistry is concerned. I was hoping (and still am) that he could be ready no later than mid-January. Roddy's certainly taking his time with this injury.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #574
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Or it would be quite the opportunity. Showcase him in early February, show that he is **healed**... then immediately ship him to a team that has a player that could impact the Mavs.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #575
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Or it would be quite the opportunity. Showcase him in early February, show that he is **healed**... then immediately ship him to a team that has a player that could impact the Mavs.
In all likelihood, teams won't care if he's healthy or not. The injury he had is not a nagging one that could effect him his entire career, it just needs to heal, which its not. The team we trade him to is not going to be a contender, and Roddy will be building towards the future. If their future starts in February or in April, what does it really matter? Sure, they'd love the slight boost in ticket sales from diehards, the extra team buzz, but really, as long as they know its just a broken bone that will heal and Roddy will be healthy, then it should be a minor issue to them.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #576
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
True, but every indication I get is that it's an incredibly short list of players that are worthy of incorporating Roddy into a deal. So, they'll be listening to offers but Roddy is only going to be involved in a player that dramatically changes the Mavericks, a significant impact.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #577
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
True, but every indication I get is that it's an incredibly short list of players that are worthy of incorporating Roddy into a deal. So, they'll be listening to offers but Roddy is only going to be involved in a player that dramatically changes the Mavericks, a significant impact.
Exactly. Looks like some fan can't appreciate what kind of talent we found... There is no way we can get fair value for him. Again, his current trade value is nowhere near to his potential. It makes no sense to trade him.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 12-18-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #578
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nba/2010/12/...step-literally
Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #579
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bad news for anyone predicting doom and gloom, but encouraging news for the rest of us.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #580
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Bad news for anyone predicting doom and gloom, but encouraging news for the rest of us.
Walking on an underwater treadmill is good news? Man...that sounds to me like he is still a LONG way off.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #581
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I misread that a little bit. I thought it was saying that if he passed his tests, he would get some light work on the court immediately. Apparently that time table for getting work on the court is a little bit more indefinite than I thought on first glance.

Oh well, still seems to be heading in the right direction even if it is happening slowly. As long as he gets back on the court healthy, I don't care too much about taking extra time to make sure it's done right.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #582
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So how many weeks from removing the boot until underwater threadmill? Three? Ouch.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #583
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

yea..that he's just now in the underwater tank? Sheesh...looks like he's at least another month away, possibly 2.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #584
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And it should be obvious now that his healing isnt going a "slow but normal" way at all.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-19-2010 at 08:20 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #585
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I misread that a little bit. I thought it was saying that if he passed his tests, he would get some light work on the court immediately. Apparently that time table for getting work on the court is a little bit more indefinite than I thought on first glance.

Oh well, still seems to be heading in the right direction even if it is happening slowly. As long as he gets back on the court healthy, I don't care too much about taking extra time to make sure it's done right.
I'm certainly not trying to be a Negative Nancy, but I'm not expecting one single thing from Beaubois this year. (Ever?...That would be the more pertinent question.)

As for his progress...well, it would almost automatically have to be "heading in the right direction," wouldn't it?
Old 12-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #586
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that sounds like we won't see him back until at least February.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #587
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Yeah that sounds like we won't see him back until at least February.
Very possible but the kid works every day and he's mastered a set-shot lol
He hasn't let the delays bring him down, he's still got the same poise and chill vibe that we remember. But don't take that as he's coasting, he's doing all that he's allowed to do on a physicality basis.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #588
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
What's the story with this website? I clicked on "About," and I started getting Cowboys stuff.

Not that I don't love Cowboy stuff--certainly I do--but what's the deal on why this is a reliable source for Mavs stuff?
Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #589
chumdawg
Guru

Looking at the Cowboys stuff I found on that site...maybe I'm being a dick, but this sort of stuff just grates me:

Quote:
McBriar compensated, however, when he sent a 54-yarder to the Redskins 54-yard line with less than five minutes left in the game.
There are errors you can just gloss over, because you know what the writer means. But man...you can't gloss over that. It really, really grates me that a site purporting to be a legitimate news source would put crap like that out there.

BG, I will give you props along these lines. I don't know if you need/use an editor or if you just get it right the first time yourself, but your articles are remarkably free from errors of this sort. In fact, they are remarkably free of errors of most any kind. I really appreciate that about your work.

As a sort of "vis a vis," if you read cowboysnation.com, which is Rafael Vela's (very, very good) Cowboys font for information, you won't get very far without wondering why he doesn't get someone to proofread his sloppy copy.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #590
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Looking at the Cowboys stuff I found on that site...maybe I'm being a dick, but this sort of stuff just grates me:
Quote:
McBriar compensated, however, when he sent a 54-yarder to the Redskins 54-yard line with less than five minutes left in the game.
Ah, yes, the 54-yard line. Of course.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-19-2010 at 08:45 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #591
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Hasn't he been out of the boot for awhile now? It doesn't make sense that he'd be taking the next step by "walking" on an underwater treadmill when he's been walking around without the boot for a few weeks now, on dry land. Should that mean jogging on the underwater treadmill?
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #592
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to assume the "setback" was just re-injuring the injury again as serious as it was the first time.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 12-19-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #593
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

If he's already walking without the boot how is walking on an underwater treadmill a step forward? That has to be running right?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #594
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post

There are errors you can just gloss over, because you know what the writer means. But man...you can't gloss over that. It really, really grates me that a site purporting to be a legitimate news source would put crap like that out there.

BG, I will give you props along these lines. I don't know if you need/use an editor or if you just get it right the first time yourself, but your articles are remarkably free from errors of this sort. In fact, they are remarkably free of errors of most any kind. I really appreciate that about your work.

As a sort of "vis a vis," if you read cowboysnation.com, which is Rafael Vela's (very, very good) Cowboys font for information, you won't get very far without wondering why he doesn't get someone to proofread his sloppy copy.
Thanks for the praise. We have an editor, but I think my stuff is minimal...it's mainly just me, so thank you.

I'm not really sure of the original source of the site...it's just directed off of something I follow on twitter but the Mavs information is legit. I saw two reliable people talking to Roddy today but I was talking to a media relations person at the time and Roddy just snuck behind me.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #595
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

the phrase "cheese eating surrender monkey" starts to come to mind.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #596
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
This was taken off DMN, Sefko Mavs blog.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #597
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Hasn't he been out of the boot for awhile now? It doesn't make sense that he'd be taking the next step by "walking" on an underwater treadmill when he's been walking around without the boot for a few weeks now, on dry land. Should that mean jogging on the underwater treadmill?
Good point
Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #598
b_o_r
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Not only has he been out of the boot for almost month but wasn't he already doing underwater exercises since he began his rehab 3 months ago?

Me just ranting so I hope no one becomes offended.

1. I don't understand the secrecy around the specifics of his injury.
2. I also don't understand why his surgery and rehab wasn't performed and looked after by a podiatrist. Dr. Souryal specializes in ACL injuries and Dr. Levy is a rotator cuff repair specialist and shoulder surgeon.

Last edited by b_o_r; 12-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 PM   #599
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, come on, bor_ing. Surely he is getting the best medical care he could possibly get.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #600
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
If he's already walking without the boot how is walking on an underwater treadmill a step forward? That has to be running right?
I couldn't agree more
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid