Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-30-2002, 12:31 AM   #1
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Enough of old news. Has anyone heard of how Michael,Steve,Dirk,Adrian or any of our guys are spending the summer? Any news on Adrian's back, Dirk's ankle, Steve's knees, Michael's hair? Anything?
Old 07-30-2002, 12:33 AM   #2
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

curious minds....nah, bored fans do want to know...
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:41 AM   #3
Kat

Double post, dang it! Wasn't me. I am not THAT bored! PC going bonkers here.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:48 AM   #4
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Ah Kat, no worries! We know you wouldn't start mess like that- double posting. Have no worries. I'll get a mod to clean it up for you... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(edit: i thought this one needed double smiley action)
Old 07-30-2002, 12:54 AM   #5
Kat

Thanks smiles.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:52 AM   #6
Kat

All I could find tonight from Slam

<< Hawks guard Jason Terry had his annual charity game in Atlanta over the weekend. Here's a report from one of our anonmous observers who went to the game:
The UNCF Jason Terry All-Star Hoops Showdown took place at Philips Arena on Sunday afternoon. Teams were divided into East and West, with Roy Jones coaching the East while Wes Matthews and Kim Hampton headed up the West. Players included -- East: JT, Charles Oakley, Theo Ratliff, DerMarr Johnson, Nick Van Exel, Jamal Tinsley, James Posey, Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Cedric Ceballos. The West consisted of: Kenny Anderson, Sam Cassell, Jermaine O'Neal, Larry Hughes, Baron Davis, Damon &quot;Basketball&quot; Jones, Robert Traylor and Eric Snow. For the most part it was your typical charity event -- good players get together for a worthy cause, don't play any D (except for a notable exception stay tuned), score a lot of pts, throw a few down and above all else, DON'T GET HURT.

A notable crowd was also assembled of those NOT playing -- Dominique and Gerald Wilkins, Kevin Willis, Alan Henderson (wearing a throwback Andruw Jones jersey), Dikembe Mutombo (wearing the latest JT headband) and Tyrone Hill (unfortunately, not wearing anything on his face).

There was a DJ -- one part comedian and one part PA announcer. Decent crowd and there was a dance team that performed (along with some accompaniment by JT) during quarter breaks. Larry Hughes showed off the athleticism that has made him both enticing and frustrating to watch (and also must have caught MJ's eye in DC) with several eye-catching dunks. The funny thing about Hughes is that he is so slightly built that you don't except him to be such an explosive jumper -- bad mistake if you are on D. With all the big names (especially those that make their money in the backcourt) the surprise contributor of the game was Damon Jones, who was raining threes throughout the 4th quarter. Combo guard anyone?

The line of the game came from the aforementioned DJ when he proclaimed that the Theo Ratliff bobble-head doll &quot;was the league's only doll that wore a suit.&quot; Cold. Oddly enough about 30 seconds later Jermaine O'Neal and Theo Ratliff threw out the above charity game guidelines out the door when J.O. tried to dunk on Ratliff. He was rejected. O'Neal grabbed the loose ball and went for try number two, this time with the left hand -- no dice -- Ratliff got it with two hands. Theo looks 100 percent.

The West won 139-122.
Thank you, Anonymous.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, Jalen Rose had his charity game. According to reader Ro Roby, the game was tight:
Whats up lang in case you haven't got the word on Jalen's charity game this weekend in Chicago it was off the hook. To my surprise the game was a sell-out at the United Center. The white team featured Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Jay Williams, Michael Finley, Marcus Fizer and Jerry Stackhouse. The black team consisted of Antoine Walker, Stephon Marbury, Shawn Marion, Corey Maggette, Bobby Simmons, Howard Eisley, Melvin Ely and Nazr Mohammad. Stephon Marbury quickly got the crowd into by throwing lobs to Marion on their first five posessions. Jalen Rose got the white team going with a dime to c-webb for a two-handed dunk after which he tapped his patent leather shoes against the backboard. The game got interesting when bulls rookie Jay Williams entered the game. Marbury brought the ball up the court with a low between the legs dribble and crossed j-will over and finished with a sweet finger roll. Jay Williams then crossed marbury over stepped back and burried a three. Marbury then got the ball waved his hands to let everyone in the building know it was on, then did j-will by rolling the ball on the ground left to right blowing pass jay and laying the ball up. J-Will surprised me by coming back and wrapping the
ball aroung Marbury with the left bringing it back then giving him a sick crossover before taking steph to the bucket. J-will seemed to be enjoying the game more than the kids in the crowd as he smiled the whole time he was in the game.

Antoine Walker seem to have a personal riff with marcus fizer. Going right at Fizer as soon as he checked in. then Marcus Fizer got on a break and Walker knocked him out of bounds by lowering his shoulder into him. Juwan Howard welcomed Melvin Ely to the league by dunking on him and standing over him after Ely fell to the floor. The games excitement died down in the secong half as Jalen's squad pulled away. The Matrix led all scorers with 52 points.

Reader Chris Lewis agrees that Jay Will had a good time:
What up Lang? Friday night me and my boy went to this club Park West here in the Chi. Common had a free concert there so we decided to hit it up. We were there chillin, waiting or Com Sense to do his thing when we walked past a table and peeped Jay Will and a small entourage chillin. I stopped, gave him pounds and love and told him good luck. I didn't really holler at him or anything but he seemed like a real cool cat. Anyway, later on in the show, Common was spitting a dope freestyle. He must have spotted Jay Dubb or something cause he spits tline &quot;In the Chi, on the mic, I'm the #1 draft pick like Jason Williams&quot;. I thought it was a dope verse in general but it was even doper since Jay Will was actually there.
Common is like water for chocolate, Chris. Thanks.

>>

Old 07-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I actually posted this about Jalen Rose's charity game.. It was pretty good..