Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-10-2004, 11:44 AM   #1
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default Cowboys vs Giants Gameday Thread

Matchup of the day: Tucker & other right side linemen vs Michael Strahan
Old 10-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default RE: Cowboys vs Giants Gameday Thread

Nice route by Keyshawn on that TD catch. Vinny and him have that play down perfect
Old 10-10-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

What's up with the cowboys and recovering loose fumbles? That's the 2nd time in 2 games that they've failed to scoop up the ball appropriately. Everyone looks like they want to make the big play rather than just jumping on the ball and recovering.

that being said, nice play by the boys to force the TO.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Old 10-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

101 rushing yards already. We can't lose this one.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

sigh. would have been great if witten hadn't of fumbled. Second half should be interesting
Old 10-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #7
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Thats the first pass I've seen Glenn drop all year
Old 10-10-2004, 02:49 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys vs Giants Gameday Thread

the game shouldnt be this close...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:55 PM   #9
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

what a horrible thing to happen! running into the kicker what he couldn't help it he was already in the position when the kicker was coming down. and now barber w/ the 70 yarder. /complain
Old 10-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #10
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

What the hell are these refs doin? I didn't see any elbow to the head by Ngyuen and that push off by shockey was as blatant as ricky williams smoking pot.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:50 PM   #11
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

4-1 baby! Shockey catching one over RW, couldn't be better.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #12
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Shockey getting away with the push off helped a tad, though.

Bill Parcells is a moron, at least today. Went for it on 4th and 1 from OUR 40? WTF are you thinking fat man? With over 11:00 to play and only down by six, you deserve some kind of stupidity award for that one.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:55 PM   #13
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

This is sad guys. *flicks tv off*
Old 10-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I realize this may be knee-jerk.... but I am ready to see Henson. The future is now.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

With the exception of the running backs and maybe Jason Whitten, I can't find anyone on this team that i'm proud to have today. Everyone stunk it up. It's not even worth discussing at this time for me. I hate losing to the Giants.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:02 PM   #16
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Whitten fumbled at midfield right before halftime leading to a Giants FG.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I realize this may be knee-jerk.... but I am ready to see Henson. The future is now.

I don't know if bringing in Henson is the best thing right now. Maybe if he was coming straight out of college but for a guy whose been out of football for awhile I think throwing him out there on the field is suicide for him. I do think it's time to tank the season however.

1996-2005
Old 10-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lvubun1
Yea, it was great to see the only way Shockey can catch a ball over Roy is by pushing him away from him.

1996-2005
Old 10-10-2004, 04:08 PM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Whitten fumbled at midfield right before halftime leading to a Giants FG.
I take back what I said about Whitten. Even he had a bad game today. I forgot all about that fumble. This is one of those games where I want to ask Bill "WTF".

1996-2005
Old 10-10-2004, 05:06 PM   #20
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

the team needs an identity..are you going to run or pass?

vinny has been throwing the ball like 38 times on average the last few games and today he threw 24 times..eddie george was running well today too(5 ypc)..maybe he should've gotten a few more carries

giants are terribly underrated this year especially compared to the vastly overrated redskins..warner has been awesome..they are looking real good
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s

vinny has been throwing the ball like 38 times on average the last few games and today he threw 24 times..eddie george was running well today too(5 ypc)..maybe he should've gotten a few more carries

giants are terribly underrated this year especially compared to the vastly overrated redskins..warner has been awesome..they are looking real good

Parcells teams mostly are run first teams but with this team it doesn't look as if he has any faith in our running game. Today we ran the ball well but give props to the o-line and the running backs. I don't know why but when Bill sees Eddie or Richie Anderson run the ball and lose yardage he won't go back to them for awhile. Today Barber was averaging 2.6 yards a carry but Coughlin kept feeding him the ball and he goes and breaks for a 55 yard gain. Parcells doesn't have that much patience in our running game. The Ticket brought up a good point in the post game show. We saw this last season when the Cowboys faced the Bucs and I believed we got shut out that game. Teams just don't fear our running game which makes it even more difficult for Vinny to throw down field. Next week expect our running game to continue to play well but being we can't run inside the 20 it will be useless.

1996-2005
Old 10-10-2004, 08:46 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
If you got a Testaverde and don't have a Smith or a Dorsett, your identity should be clear.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #23
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Yea, it was great to see the only way Shockey can catch a ball over Roy is by pushing him away from him.
I admit, Shockey might have gotten a little push, however, I counted Michael Irvin's pushoffs and Eric
Williams' holds, and we still have 156 calls coming our way.

Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:18 AM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
I admit, Shockey might have gotten a little push, however, I counted Michael Irvin's pushoffs and Eric
Williams' holds, and we still have 156 calls coming our way.
Ayyy don't get me wrong this td Shockey made didn't cost us the game but the guy pushed off. It's not like Shockey got away with one but that is the only way he's going to get a catch over Roy Williams. I'm not sure which more I dislike. Shockey or the Giants in general. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005