Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-17-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prime Time?

ESPN is reporting that Neon Deion Sanders is mulling an offer from the Baltimore Ravens to return to the NFL.

He should stay retired or he will be exposed as a has been by any number of NFL rookies and third receivers.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2004, 12:26 AM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Prime Time?

Well, he would move into the Nickel position, which I still think he could handle... Dont get me wrong, the guys best years are LONG over... But there have definitely been guys that have succesfully played into their early 40s at the Nickel position!
Old 08-17-2004, 02:09 AM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

The guy has not been paying his bills for a while. All he needs is money.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:26 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I suppose in the nickel he could still be serviceable, but would you rely on him to cover the young NFL studs of today? I would not want to do that.

mff- really? I hadn't seen that. Did he waste his fortune or somesuch?
Old 08-17-2004, 10:57 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Prime Time?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
I suppose in the nickel he could still be serviceable, but would you rely on him to cover the young NFL studs of today? I would not want to do that.

mff- really? I hadn't seen that. Did he waste his fortune or somesuch?
Well, frankly, I dont know that I would rather go into the season trusting Donald Mitchell for Dallas as opposed to Deion... Atleast there is the fear factor that makes a QB question throwing to his area!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the guy could walk on the field today and instantly be the best punt returner in the game. Don't know about coverage ability, but I wouldn't put that past his ass either. Man, I hope he does return. That's one guy that is worth the price of admission--whether you love him OR you hate him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

He should change his name from Prime Time to either Overtime or Waste of Time.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:17 PM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

His propaganda machine says he beat 4.4 in the 40 this week. If that's even close to true, man...

I question the move, but I would really like to see him succeed. I've always been a Deion fan, warts and all.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:51 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i was thinking of more like: "local access channel around 2am" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:07 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I vote for changing it to Past My Prime Time
Old 08-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

If he passes physical, Deion will play for Ravens

12:23 PM CDT on Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Associated Press

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Deion Sanders is prepared to end his retirement and join the Baltimore Ravens.

The seven-time Pro Bowl defensive back arrived Tuesday in Baltimore to take a physical. If he passes, Sanders, 37, will sign a one-year contract laden with incentives and work toward playing in the Ravens' season opener Sept. 12 against the Cleveland Browns.

Sanders, who lives in Prosper, Texas, played cornerback in his prime, but will be used as a fifth defensive back in Baltimore.

"This game is not all that complicated. We're going to try to ingrain him as quickly as we can," Ravens coach Brian Billick said Tuesday morning. "We have to make sure we know where he's at physically. He's here plenty early enough to have an impact."

Sanders' experience will also be invaluable to a defensive unit that will look to him for guidance. During his days with the Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers and Cowboys -- when he was known as Prime Time -- Sanders was one of the best cover cornerbacks in the NFL.

"To have him come here is an honor," Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister said. "There's so much that you can learn from a Deion Sanders."

Said Billick: "What a resource. I can't imagine our younger players or our guys that have not had a lot of playing time aren't going to hang on every word that this guy has to offer."

Sanders has not played since the 2000 season, which he spent with the Washington Redskins.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:29 AM   #12
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
I vote for changing it to Past My Prime Time
My selection for a new nickname for 'Prime Time': Rerun.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:39 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The guy made a nice pick last night on a the deep ball. The receiver had about a step but Deion had no problem sucking him up and playing the ball like few cornerbacks in the history of the game could..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:37 AM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

It was actually a great pick and that too at the end zone.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:32 AM   #15
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Please take note Dallas cornerbacks at how Deion watched the ball all the while running his man down... Big difference on the play when you have the speed and vision to do that...
Old 10-11-2004, 09:41 AM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

How would you guys rank the current Deion with the corners the Cowboys have right now?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:03 AM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Deion has durability issues, but his speed and playmaking abilities are still there, (as well as his bad traits - poor tackling)... I would not trade for him for many reasons, but he is easily better than any CB on our team... In a couple of years that hopefully will not be true, but these guys playing for Dallas simply do not know the proper ways to cover a WR, or simply aren't talented enough to do so...

Damn would I love Dallas to suit him up returning punts and kickoffs though!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:01 PM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
Deion has durability issues, but his speed and playmaking abilities are still there, (as well as his bad traits - poor tackling)... I would not trade for him for many reasons, <u>but he is easily better than any CB on our team</u>... In a couple of years that hopefully will not be true, but these guys playing for Dallas simply do not know the proper ways to cover a WR, or simply aren't talented enough to do so...

I don't think he is a better CB presently than Newman. He just has a reputation, and doesn't get called. Even yesterday, the announcers were commenting on how many times Deion got "away" with the hands, pushing, etc.

I am not one that thinks that "stars" should get the calls because they are stars, and I definately don't believe that former stars who are currently average should be able to "get the call".

Now, as far as the rest of the CB's on Dallas team. Deion is still better than them just due to experience.

With that said, I agree, that they make mistakes. I do think that it is easily the weakest part of the defense, and that it needs an upgrade. I just don't know how you do that w/o the high draft pick that they are soon to have via Buffalo.

Would you use the #5 pick next year on the best available CB?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 PM   #19
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Deion has durability issues, but his speed and playmaking abilities are still there, (as well as his bad traits - poor tackling)... I would not trade for him for many reasons, <u>but he is easily better than any CB on our team</u>... In a couple of years that hopefully will not be true, but these guys playing for Dallas simply do not know the proper ways to cover a WR, or simply aren't talented enough to do so...

I don't think he is a better CB presently than Newman. He just has a reputation, and doesn't get called. Even yesterday, the announcers were commenting on how many times Deion got "away" with the hands, pushing, etc.

I am not one that thinks that "stars" should get the calls because they are stars, and I definately don't believe that former stars who are currently average should be able to "get the call".

Now, as far as the rest of the CB's on Dallas team. Deion is still better than them just due to experience.

With that said, I agree, that they make mistakes. I do think that it is easily the weakest part of the defense, and that it needs an upgrade. I just don't know how you do that w/o the high draft pick that they are soon to have via Buffalo.

Would you use the #5 pick next year on the best available CB?
Did you watch Jordan play??? How about Shaq??? These guys always got the calls and the calls were rarely called on them... This is what great players are given... I don't agree with it either, but the fact of the matter is that it happens and it will always happen... When a star receiver DOESNT make the catch, the ref thinks WELL HE MUST HAVE BEEN INTEFERED WITH OR HE WOULD HAVE MADE THE CATCH, and out comes the flag...

My point is that you cant discredit the job Deion does based on how he does it... The fact of the matter is that he DOES have a reputation and that reputation prevents the QB from throwing his way more times than not... He also DOES have better speed and hands and vision than Newman, and in addition to that reputation, it shouldn't even be a consideration at this point who is better... An OLD Deion is still better than any, ANY, ANY cornerback on the Cowboys... Now, when you consider how old he is, how easily he can break down, and how terrible he is at wrapping up, I think it is obvious you would pick Newman over Deion at this point, but that does not make Newman the better CB...
Old 10-11-2004, 12:20 PM   #20
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

By the way, no I do NOT believe we should pick a CB with the number 5 pick... We should focus on defense with it, but I think we should pick up a DE or LB with that pick and get a solid experienced CB via free agency...
Old 10-11-2004, 12:51 PM   #21
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My point is that you cant discredit the job Deion does based on how he does it... The fact of the matter is that he DOES have a reputation and that reputation prevents the QB from throwing his way more times than not... He also DOES have better speed and hands and vision than Newman, and in addition to that reputation, it shouldn't even be a consideration at this point who is better... An OLD Deion is still better than any, ANY, ANY cornerback on the Cowboys... Now, when you consider how old he is, how easily he can break down, and how terrible he is at wrapping up, I think it is obvious you would pick Newman over Deion at this point, but that does not make Newman the better CB...
I would pick Deion in his prime easily over any Cowboy CB. But today's version is a shell of that, and yes I think that Newman today is the better CB. Now as to the use of the #5. Why a LB or DE? Maybe a DE, and get a vet CB -- but LB. They have 4 very quality LB's on the team now, that are not extremely old.

The needs I see are CB, upgrade at safety (unless Woodson comes back soon), DT, DE (I think Kaleen will be starting next year), and then LB on the defensive side of the ball. Unless their is a Ray Lewis available at #5, then I don't even think of LB. I think if Bill could get a big NT, like Sam Adams or T Washington, they would go 3-4 with Kaleen Thorton as a LB, and Glover/ Ellis as the Ends.

I would like to see them move a 2nd rounder to Miami for Ricky Williams, and see what they could do. (not sure it would happen, but I think they should offer it -- if Bill thinks he could work with Ricky)

Tight End -- covered....Witten and Campbell with a backup will be enough
QB -- Untested Henson - with high enough pick, take another one maybe
O Linemen - maybe need 2 more.
Rec -- have 3, need a couple more
RB - have questions...JJ can be good - maybe, Anderson is not a game breaker but good, Barnes OK, Eddie is a shell of himself (see Deion), Lee has some pop, but I guess I have been spoiled by TDorsett and ESmith.

DT - have one, need another
DE - have one, and one speed rusher, one fairly good....but could use upgrade
LB - have 4-5, don't need unless their is a monster on the board
Safety- have 1, have a great vet (who is injured), and need at least one more better than Dixon
CB - have one in Newman who is still learning.........need 2-3 more. Maybe some of them that were drafted, but you are correct, a good Vet here would sure help .

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 10-11-2004, 01:44 PM   #22
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I would pick Deion in his prime easily over any Cowboy CB. But today's version is a shell of that, and yes I think that Newman today is the better CB. Now as to the use of the #5. Why a LB or DE? Maybe a DE, and get a vet CB -- but LB. They have 4 very quality LB's on the team now, that are not extremely old.

The needs I see are CB, upgrade at safety (unless Woodson comes back soon), DT, DE (I think Kaleen will be starting next year), and then LB on the defensive side of the ball. Unless their is a Ray Lewis available at #5, then I don't even think of LB. I think if Bill could get a big NT, like Sam Adams or T Washington, they would go 3-4 with Kaleen Thorton as a LB, and Glover/ Ellis as the Ends.

I would like to see them move a 2nd rounder to Miami for Ricky Williams, and see what they could do. (not sure it would happen, but I think they should offer it -- if Bill thinks he could work with Ricky)

Tight End -- covered....Witten and Campbell with a backup will be enough
QB -- Untested Henson - with high enough pick, take another one maybe
O Linemen - maybe need 2 more.
Rec -- have 3, need a couple more
RB - have questions...JJ can be good - maybe, Anderson is not a game breaker but good, Barnes OK, Eddie is a shell of himself (see Deion), Lee has some pop, but I guess I have been spoiled by TDorsett and ESmith.

DT - have one, need another
DE - have one, and one speed rusher, one fairly good....but could use upgrade
LB - have 4-5, don't need unless their is a monster on the board
Safety- have 1, have a great vet (who is injured), and need at least one more better than Dixon
CB - have one in Newman who is still learning.........need 2-3 more. Maybe some of them that were drafted, but you are correct, a good Vet here would sure help .
You would pick Deion in his prime over any Cowboys CB today??? Really??? How about over any CB that has ever played the game of football... Deion was the BEST CB in the history of football IMO... He may not have been a great tackler, but he was the most talented and gifted CB that has suited up in the NFL, (again, IMO)... We will just have to agree to disagree on Newman being better than Deion now...

Regarding why I would select a LB, I would answer that Ngyuen is a pretty damn good LB, but certainly not a top-tier LB... He is no Urlacher/Lewis/Arrington... We have a great LB class in this years draft and would possibly have the opportunity to get, as you said, a Ray Lewis-like LB... Coakley by the way IS old, and James is certainly not in the class of Ngyuen... With that said, as we age I think getting a dominant LB is necessary, (same as DT as you mentioned, but I personally think we need a LB more than a DT with the way Glover is playing and the way Carson and others are filling in)...

The other needs you mentioned can be answered in the lower rounds of the draft and with free agency... If you have an opportunity to get a guy to anchor your defense for years to come, you almost always want that guy to be a LB or a CB... The fact of the matter is that the CB class for next year will be fairly weak with a few exceptions, but the LB class will be terrific, (assuming a few guys come out that I expect will)... I say get the LB with Buffalo's pick and either a DE or CB with the Cowboys 1st rounder... Then address the other needs based on what is available when they pick... Whatever they can't address with the draft, they can with free agency... We should have a pretty good amount of cash available to us at the end of the year and I hope we really use it this year...

Regarding Ricky - NO PLEASE!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #23
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
You would pick Deion in his prime over any Cowboys CB today??? Really??? How about over any CB that has ever played the game of football...
Na, of all-time, give me Lester Hayes. Think Deion with less flash, but more intensity and attitude. He wasn't one dimensional.

Guess we'll have to disagree with the LB bit. I think they have 5 very good LB's now. That is not to say that if a monster LB were available, I would turn it down. But if their is a monster LB and a monster CB available....I'd take the CB because of need.

I am still of the thought that you take the best available playmaker regardless of position, and then trade for proven veterans at the positions you need.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:59 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think now the only way to fix our cornerback issues next season is to get a veteran in there. We are doomed starting Newman and another rookie at corner. The Cowboys corner issues don't really need a stud at that position with Woody and Roy on the field. They just need someone serviceable. I think Mario Edwards would've been fine this season with the Cowboys.

1996-2005
Old 10-11-2004, 07:25 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Their secondary actually held up quite well yesterday. Reeves is playing pretty good considering that he is a rookie. Toomer got a few catches in front of him, but nothing behind him. Newman defended a couple deep balls well. Even Dixon has been making strides. He defended that pass in the end zone beautifully.

Depth is a major concern, of course. But the starters aren't a bad bunch, on the whole.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Their secondary actually held up quite well yesterday. Reeves is playing pretty good considering that he is a rookie. Toomer got a few catches in front of him, but nothing behind him. Newman defended a couple deep balls well. Even Dixon has been making strides. He defended that pass in the end zone beautifully.

Depth is a major concern, of course. But the starters aren't a bad bunch, on the whole.

I was proud of Dixon yesterday. He made some nice plays here and there. I know he is a better player than what he has been displaying these last couple of weeks.

1996-2005
Old 10-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought dixon had played pretty well against Washington and I had no issues with his play this week. Overall, I wasn't remotely dissatisfied witht he DB's play yesterday. Most of the defensive issues had to do with penalties on the front 7.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #28
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Playing these young guys this year should pay off next season. It sucks that Hunter and Thornton are missing valuable experience.

I was at the game yesterday and you could tell that Jacques Reeves was trying to make sure nobody got behind him. If he can do that and we can stop giving teams extra downs, we'll be pretty good.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:51 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

BTW, when is Marcellus Wiley or "Dat Dude" going to suit up for us?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 10-12-2004, 01:11 AM   #30
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Are you serious???

He HAS been playing...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #31
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Are you serious???

He HAS been playing...
I agree, I have seen him on the field. But I want to dispute whether or not he has been "playing" good defensive end.
He has basically done nothing this year so far, except a penalty or two.

4 games 9 tackles, no sacks, no forced fumbles, no nothing else. Just 9 tackles in 4 games. There are nine defensive players on the field with as good or better numbers.

From http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/DAL

Old 10-12-2004, 03:16 PM   #32
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Oh I completely agree that he has not shown much, but that is not how FFM worded his question.