Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Woody Danztler.....

claimed by the Atlanta Falcons off waivers. I don't have a article but Espn 2 is reporting it on the bottom of the screen. Can't say that i'm not suprised. [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Woody Dantzler.....

Cowboys had this problem last year- Houston picked up 2 or 3 guys cut from the Cowboys. I don't think it is a coincidence that a player was claimed off waivers by the team the Cowboys play in the first regular season game.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

That's a good point, Dooby. Aw, no surprise here, but it's still too bad to see him go. Parcells spoke very highly of him at the press conference this morning.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:03 PM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

But jason bell didn't really bite us in the but. I remember that 80 or so yard kick return last year it was great. Too bad so many corners went down.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:37 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The point is, Atlanta just picked up a guy that until saturday had a copy of the playbook.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's nice that other teams want an edge against us.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Woody Dantzler.....

I never thought of it like that Dooby, and that's very interesting. Who couldv'e imagined that MFFL? LOL
Old 09-03-2003, 04:25 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

It happens every year in the NFL. It's nothing new.

BTW, do the Falcons really need that kind of help against the Boys?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I understand your point, I just made another one.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #10
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
It happens every year in the NFL. It's nothing new.

BTW, do the Falcons really need that kind of help against the Boys?
With Vick on the IL..I can see them doing that.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 02:26 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this was a bad move. I would have risked Zuriel Smith on the practice squad before cutting Woody. Smith is so light that unlless he has a seam, I see a lot of returns with minimal yards. Woody was stronger and has great balance. The return against San Fran was spectacular, but what impressed me was the fact that he had so many 10 and 15 yard runs when it seemed like nothing was there.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:37 AM   #12
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve

I agree with that dirno2000
Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 AM   #13
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE:Woody Dantzler.....

Just thought I'd mention......................he MIGHT be back

From DallasCowboys.com
Returns In Question

Earlier in the week, Parcells said he had decided who would return punts for Sunday's game, and although cornerback Terence Newman could get some spot-duty against the Giants, it appears the Cowboys will stick with veteran Dedric Ward .

"I think probably right now I am going to go with Dedric," Parcells said. "We worked Terence in a little bit. There could be some situations where Terence will get involved. The bigger problem is kickoff returns this week. Because Jacques (Reeves) is going to be playing more, I have to do something there."

Reeves and ReShard Lee have returned kickoffs in the first three games, but with Reeves getting more work on defense, that could open the door for either Nate Jones or Bruce Thornton to return kickoffs.

Parcells also said two players on the practice squad could be an option. Those candidates likely include rookie wide receiver Patrick Crayton, who was just sent to the squad this week, or possibly rookie wide receiver Terrance Copper, who returned some kickoffs in preseason.

And don't forget about Woody Dantzler, who worked out for the Cowboys on Tuesday. Dantzler spent last year's training camp with the Cowboys, only to get released on the final cut and claimed on waivers by Atlanta. But the former college quarterback suffered a high ankle sprain in camp with the Falcons, and was released by an injury settlement. He has recovered, and certainly was a favorite of Parcells' in 2003. The Cowboys will certainly keep a close eye on him here in the next few weeks.

Dallas Cowboys.com
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I love this guy....he might make a good return man.....Come on Fat Bill, give him a second shot!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Woody Dantzler.....

Fat Bill? Bluebottomed baboons spanking LRB all night long? You, brother, are on quite a roll!! [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]

My goodness, yes, let's get the Dancer back in here. He mght be exactly the kind of player we need. If he does get another chance here, I wonder what position they would put him at. I think he was playing at safety with the Falcons, but I'm not sure.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #16
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Bill Parcells was never happy to let him go but we had too many RBs at the time we let him go. He is a good punt and kick returner and actually pretty good special teams player to have.