Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Red River Shootout Thread

Texas- 28
OU - 24

Benson - 150 yards; 2 TD's
Old 10-02-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE: Red River Shootout Thread

let it begin. I will hear nothing, NOTHING but texas-OU for the next week.............living in Austin, it's a blessing and a curse.

I watched TTech move the ball on OU pretty well until they got into Red Zone situations. For the most part Cumbie had time to make his reads. Based on this i believe UT can control the line of scrimmage - however Vince Young will win or lose this game for the horns. As of yet, he has not proved he can be productive in the passing game. If i'm stoops i stack the box and challenge Young to beat my secondary with the pass.

If oklahoma gets any extra opportunities they will win the game. White isn't the most athletic but he runs the offense like a Tom Brady, keeping his composure and making smart throws. Oh yeah, Adrian Peterson is scary good for a freshman - Dj must shut the kid down.

That being said - UT will win this ballgame. Mack has learned his lesson and wont lose agian.

Keys to victory:
Cedric right, Cedric left, Cedric middle - benson early and often
VY 2 or 3 completed deep balls
limit turnovers
control clock
dont get fancy

TEXAS - 23
OU - 20
Old 10-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:Red River Shootout Thread

Benson has been hyped for the past two seasons, and still hasn't moved the ball on OU. I'll believe he can do it when I see him do it.

OU played today's game like they were looking ahead, and still won easily. Cumbie had plenty of time to make his reads because OU was playing 5 defensive backs most of the time. OU still held the nation's leading passer to 60 yards below his average and no scores, while grabbing 3 picks and forcing a fumble.

The key to this game is Vincent Young. OU's speed at linebacker isn't as good as last year's (losing Lehman) but Mitchell and Alexander have looked good so far this year. But Young is always a a threat to break off a touchdown on every scramble.

Adrian Peterson is the real deal. If it weren't for a holding call, he would have had 200 yards and 2 touchdowns today. He still finished with 146 and 1 TD. He is also a threat to score everytime he touches the ball.

I'm going to refrain from predicting a score, but I'm picking OU to win.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I hate both teams....but I'm kinda hoping UT wins just because I think Bob Stoops is generally an as*hole whereas Mack Brown is probably a pretty decent guy.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe it or not.......I'm pulling for Texas.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Why doesn't Texas fall in the Gulf of Mexico?? Yes, the answer is because Oklahoma SUCKS!!!
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:50 PM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Yes folks, believe it. This is the year where Good will PREVAIL against Evil. HOOK 'EM, HORNS!

31-28 Texaaaaaas fight!

(Man, who says I can't do school spirit? I'm gonna be the only person left in Austin next weekend.)
Old 10-03-2004, 11:44 PM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7

(Man, who says I can't do school spirit? I'm gonna be the only person left in Austin next weekend.)
As for me - I won't get to leave for DFW until my fiance gets off work @ 6:00. So when it takes me 2 hours just to get from downtown through Round Rock I'll be wishing I was staying put.

I-35 sucks my balls.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:15 AM   #10
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

every year for the past 4 i have predicted UT to win.. i will not be jinxing them again=]

benson halfback pass for a td, im calling it right now...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

OU 31
UT 24

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:10 AM   #12
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

I rather sacrifice another lost and have Mack Brown fired.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #13
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

This has been talked about so many times; HOWEVER, I will still ask the question...

Who would you rather have in Austin coaching our Longhorns??? I do not recall the poster or the thread, but there was a comical post that has stayed with me. That post roughly said, (and keep in mind that I will likely slaughter the actual post - I have slept many nights since then), that if Mack Brown was fired and you then asked who the next best available coach was, the answer would be Mack Brown...
Old 10-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love the search utility

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Didn't go to Texas, but I am a root for Texas. The knock on him is that he can't coach the big game; therefore, he can't be a good coach. Mack Brown is a gifted recruiter. In college athletics, recruiting is as important as anything else. That is just a statement of fact. Texas is a perrenial top 10 program because of Mack Brown; sepecifically because Mack Brown can recruit. The players were not going to Texas before Mack Brown got there. I have never understood the assumption that the players would keep going to Texas after he leaves.

Before I fire any coach, I'd call up one of these consultants that help universities find coaches. Texas used one to find Mack Brown; the same firm BTW recommended Stoops for OU. I imagine Deloss Dodds' conversation would go this way:

Dodds: Hey, we are thinking of firing Mack Brown; who is the best college coach available?

Consultant: Assuming you fire Mack Brown?

Dodds: Yes. If we fire Mack Brown, who is the hottest college coach available?

Consultant: Mack Brown.

Dodds: No. You don't understand. We want to fire Mack Brown.

Consultant: I understand perfectly, dipshit. You gave Mackovick a contract extension based on one lucky play. You are a F'ing idiot. You didn't even want Brown in the first place. You wanted to hire Gary Barnett-Gary Barnett lost to Baylor. If you fire Mack Brown, he'll have 5 offers by the end of the week and he is going to take half your recruiting class with him, and probably get 5 to 10 current players to transfer.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #15
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: DNNF
I rather sacrifice another lost and have Mack Brown fired.

Brown has already been assured his job does not rest on the outcome of this game. There's two sides though - on one hand, you have a pernnial power in UT since Mack has taken over. They consistently have one of the best recruiting classes (even though I just cannot believe Austin is a hard sell), they're winning 10+ games a year, and they're selling tickets. On the other coaching can get a team over the hump. I think the key for the Longhorns is to continue to pound the football. That's their identity, and unfortunately Mack gets away from that in big games. It appears he either tries to catch the other team off guard and try something different, or he abandons the run too quickly. If they stick with it this year (and by all indications they will), it'll definitely play to their favor keeping that powerful OU offense off the field, and that rebuilt OU defense on it. This could very well be a statement game for Mack Brown's career - if he wins this BIG game, there's no reason to believe he can't stay in that form. Tom Osborne, if my memory serves, had a "can't win the big game" tag at one point too. If Mack and my beloved Horns can finally beat the tar out of those wretched filth from OU, I like their chances not only this year, but for years to come.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Vince Young is not a QB.
ugly game
OU - 6
TU - 0 in the fourth

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-09-2004, 03:07 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

Mac Brown should be coaching peewee somewhere....but certainly not Texas.

Old 10-09-2004, 03:11 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Young looks like a good athlete. But he does NOT look like a QB.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 03:21 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

the OU cheerleaders are great proof that it is good to marry outside of Oklahoma.

Old 10-09-2004, 03:23 PM   #20
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Horribleness.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Vince has a ways to go before he's a complete QB. That being said, it didn't look like many of his receivers were open. We lost three WR's to the NFL so besides Tony Jeffery, the recievers we have are inexperienced.

The frustrating thing is that we didn't throw the ball more up to this point. Vince and the recieving corps sure could have used the work.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

For the record, what year is Young?

Old 10-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Redshirt Sophmore
Old 10-09-2004, 03:57 PM   #24
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Redshirt Sophmore
then maybe there is time...

Old 10-09-2004, 07:03 PM   #25
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Redshirt Sophmore
then maybe there is time...
They better get started on that passing motion tomorrow afternoon.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:16 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

what? You mean you don't like the weak side arm toss, Kiki?

Old 10-09-2004, 10:18 PM   #27
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I was at the game this morning, and I am absolutely drained, but absolutely thrilled.

Peterson is unreal. This kid is just amazing. And we've still got at least 2 more years after this!!

BOOOOOOOOOMEEEERRR!!!!!!!!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #28
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
I agree completely, make that kid a WR. 6'5 220, thats a awesome size for WR. But honestly he has such a horrible throwing motion and no vision. The guy has a quite a way to go to become even an average QB. He proved that last year when he was mediocre with such a great WR core.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:53 PM   #29
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
I was at the game this morning, and I am absolutely drained, but absolutely thrilled.

Peterson is unreal. This kid is just amazing. And we've still got at least 2 more years after this!!

BOOOOOOOOOMEEEERRR!!!!!!!!
As a UT fan I must admit that I'm not looking forward to seeing that guy play for the next 2 years. He's amazing. And it wasn't the OU offensive line that caused that. They were average today at run blocking. Peterson made most of the plays by himself.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:37 AM   #30
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
I agree completely, make that kid a WR. 6'5 220, thats a awesome size for WR. But honestly he has such a horrible throwing motion and no vision. The guy has a quite a way to go to become even an average QB. He proved that last year when he was mediocre with such a great WR core.
Are you only judging him against OU, or, are you looking at his total body of work. If it's the latter then you're dead wrong. He's a good college quarterback. He's not a pro style quarterback, but that necessarily doesn't mean he's not a good quarterback.

...and by the way...he was so mediocre last season , that the team only lost one game he started. So mediocre that on a bad ankle, he lead UT to a victory over Big 12 champ Kansas St.

Old 10-10-2004, 03:20 AM   #31
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
Are you only judging him against OU, or, are you looking at his total body of work. If it's the latter then you're dead wrong. He's a good college quarterback. He's not a pro style quarterback, but that necessarily doesn't mean he's not a good quarterback.

...and by the way...he was so mediocre last season , that the team only lost one game he started. So mediocre that on a bad ankle, he lead UT to a victory over Big 12 champ Kansas St.
I have watched all but 2 games Young has played in.
Mediocre as a passing QB. The guy only surpassed the 200 yard passing mark once in his career(albeit short career) He has no sense of the rush, and his field awarness is atrocious(sp?). But the good thing is that he has speed and a powerful body which could help him become a standout WR.

BTW, you do realize he only threw the ball 6 times against KSU right
Old 10-10-2004, 03:48 AM   #32
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I don't think Young has a future as a Quarterback. Hell Chance Mock is a better player. They ought to convert him to a WR or RB ASAP so that he can have a career outside of college football. He has great size and speed which is why he is passable as a QB. Give him 2 years as a WR and he could be a top 10 pick easy. Give him 2 more years as a QB and he'll be a 7th round draft pick who is going to be a project. What's that kids name who was in Cowboys camp last year who had great physical tools but had no possibility of playing as a QB in the pros so they tried to convert him (KR specialist?) but he was so far behind that he couldn't make the team. Well, that is going to be Young if someone doesn't wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe, Mack Brown should consider doing what's best for the kid. Just maybe it will be what's best for the team as well.

Woody Dantzler is his name. I just saw it on another thread. He was a much better college QB than Vince Young. Just because a young man is black and athletic doesn't mean he is going to be the next Mike Vick or Donovan McNabb. It would be great if Young would be; however, but he best pass seems to be a hail mary jump ball.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:23 AM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mediocre as a passing QB. The guy only surpassed the 200 yard passing mark once in his career(albeit short career) He has no sense of the rush, and his field awarness is atrocious(sp?). But the good thing is that he has speed and a powerful body which could help him become a standout WR.

Once again, maybe you're judging him as a pro prospect which has nothing to do with how good of a college QB he is. Doesn't matter how many passes he threw against, he led the team to a win.

He doesn't throw often because Cedric Benson is the centerpiece of the team. When he doesn trow he's effective. Check his completion percentage (59%,58%)...check his QB rating (131,138). Look at the game winning touchdown toss against Arkansas. Maybe two or three other QB's in the nation make that play.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #34
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Woody Dantzler is his name. I just saw it on another thread. He was a much better college QB than Vince Young. Just because a young man is black and athletic doesn't mean he is going to be the next Mike Vick or Donovan McNabb. It would be great if Young would be; however, but he best pass seems to be a hail mary jump ball.
And just because you say a redshirt sophmore can't play quarterback in the NFL doesn't mean it's remotely true.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #35
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:

Once again, maybe you're judging him as a pro prospect which has nothing to do with how good of a college QB he is. Doesn't matter how many passes he threw against, he led the team to a win.

He doesn't throw often because Cedric Benson is the centerpiece of the team. When he doesn trow he's effective. Check his completion percentage (59%,58%)...check his QB rating (131,138). Look at the game winning touchdown toss against Arkansas. Maybe two or three other QB's in the nation make that play.
So apparently Mock is pretty awesome then too? Since he threw 16 passes in the Kstate game last year. I guess your point is if you play in a win your good?
Old 10-10-2004, 05:38 PM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

They don't win the K-State game without Vince hobbling around on a bad ankle...that's my point. Judge the total body of work. Vince is a good college QB when you look at his total body of work.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #37
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
And just because you say a redshirt sophmore can't play quarterback in the NFL doesn't mean it's remotely true.[/quote]

You are correct dirno. Just because I say something doesn't mean it is true. However, it is my $#%%^^^ opinion and I feel that I am right. It seems like every time I post something on this stupid forum some know-it-all jerk has to try to be condescending and superior. Why don't you use some people skills and realize that what makes this country great is the fact that everyone can have their own opinion. If you don't like my opinion then you don't have to read it or respond to it.

And by the way, Redshirt Sophomore = Junior which means that Young would be eligible for the NFL draft after this year. I am very excited by Young's athletic ability and his potential. I just don't see it as a service to him to keep him at QB because basically he is playing RB at the QB position. This doesn't translate to the next level. It never has and never will. I grew up watching big 8 football so I can remember loads of running QB's that didn't get to the NFL. You need to remember that Charlie Ward was an outstanding QB who didn't even get drafted by the NFL and had to play basketball. Charlie Ward could actually throw the ball.

If they switched Young to WR he could spend the next 2 years improving (although no one ever improves at Texas under Mac Brown) and be ready to play in the NFL. Personally, I think that Young has Hall of Fame ability just not at the QB position. I heard on the radio that the reason Young came to Texas was because all the other coaches who recruited him wanted to switch him to WR. That ought to tell you how negligent Mac Brown is. In MY OPINION they are doing a disservice to this kid and torpedoing his career. Now, that is all I have to say on the subject so good day.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #38
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

you guys are brutal..one loss and your all bashing Young like his sucks..the kid is a Sophmore!! Athletic is an understatment..Two more years of maturation- the kid could be a Vick or Cullpepper...give him a break...
Old 10-11-2004, 03:41 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Two years of maturation? He doesn't really need to become more physically mature. Sure, mental maturity will help, but that's not the big issue either. He needs to learn how to throw the damn ball. I don't know whether or not he can do this, but it is not an issue of maturity. His throwing motion needs to be scrapped and built back up from square one. If that can't be done in a reasonable amount of time, he needs to be moved to receiver or DB.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:32 PM   #40
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
you guys are brutal..one loss and your all bashing Young like his sucks..the kid is a Sophmore!! Athletic is an understatment..Two more years of maturation- the kid could be a Vick or Cullpepper...give him a break...
and who is going to see to that??? Mac "I gotta save my job" Brown? Put Young on a Miami and he'd be a stud prospect right now...but with Mac...one can only hope.