Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #441
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Barber's not going anywhere...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #442
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Cowboys were going to trade Barber they would've taken Mendenhall instead of Felix Jones. That seems fairly obvious based on Jerry's comments during the press conference yesterday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-27-2008 at 02:42 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #443
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If the Cowboys were going to trade Barber they would've taken Mendenhall instead of Felix Jones. That seems fairly obvious based on Jerry's comments during the press conference yesterday.
i agree with this. im just saying i think dan was VASTLY underestimating one of the cowboys assets when he talked about trading barber and a first for boldin.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #444
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Dallas was going to trade Barber, McFadden would be wearing a Cowboys jersey...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #445
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
lt-agree
peterson-agree
westbrook-agree
parker-disagree dont like homerun hitters with a 4.1 ypc average. doesnt do alot for me
portis-hell no these days. 3.9 ypc? seriously
mcgahee-hell no. personally i think hes one of the most overrated backs in the league. mb3 has 2 less career tds than mcgahee. and mcgahee has a career 3.9 ypc
gore- dont want to gamble on those knees
jackson-no question whatsoever, i agree
taylor-agree though he has as many age and durability issues as anyone in the nfl
mcfadden-we really going to count a guy who has never played an nfl down and couldnt hold onto the ball in college?

if andre johnson had ever had anything resembling a qb or passing game hed be right there with to and moss for being known as the best receivers in the nfl.

id add brandon jacobs to your list of backs better than mb3 btw. and im planning on the next 3 years, and for 3 years id definitely take holt and probably harrison. as for james and lewis its a mute point since barber is better than both.
Parker, Portis, and McGahee are all better than Barber. I love me some Barber but Goddamn do you overrate his ass. He got all of his carries against guys that had played 2-4 series while he was fresh as a new born babies ass. Sure he averaged more per carry doing that, who wouldn't in that scenario. Gore is a gamble, but damn is he good when healthy and you know it. So you wouldn't have traded MB3 straight up to draft McFadden if it would have been accepted? You damn right I am counting him.

Don't you think that Boldin would be amazing too if you put him with Brady? Do you think Arizona has put many QBs in the hall of fame? Come on man.

Look, I love Barber for what he brings to the table. He is a change of pace back and a hell of a competitor. With that said, he is NOT a top 10 back. Maybe he proves to be next year, but right now that is just ridiculous, regardless of any bull shit pro bowl vote. Boldin is a damn stud and I would love to have him on the team when you look at our needs. That is why I would make the trade. Needs. We NEED a young stud WR and don't at RB with these two guys drafted. They are calling Barber and F. Jones already Thunder and Lighting. Just plug Choice in there for the Thunder and Get your new lightning with Boldin if you ask me.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #446
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

How many running backs made it to the Pro Bowl last year?

I noticed one of them was named "Barber"...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #447
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If they said the same stuff about TO, they were wrong. Dude is a player.

Would I complain if the charlatan came to the Cowboys? No. I generally defer to Jerry Jones about all things Cowboys, and if it's good for him it's good for me. But in this case I'm quite happy that Jones didn't get duped by the sham that is Chad Johnson.
I guarantee if CJ came to the Cowboys, you'd get over that pretty fast. I have a feeling the ensuing 15-1 season and likely Super Bowl victory would change your mind.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #448
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i agree with this. im just saying i think dan was VASTLY underestimating one of the cowboys assets when he talked about trading barber and a first for boldin.
I don't at all. I absolutely don't. I think so many, (oh my god so many), vastly OVERRATE him. Hopefully I am wrong and hopefully he becomes a 1,500 yard back while still maintaining that amazing ypc he has. If so, pay the man his money. In the end, I think he is a part time back that thrives in that roll and he could never carry the load like so many on that list I provided while keeping that ypc average so high.

I guess we will all see though because this is all speculation. I just think with our team another stud WR joined with Jones and Choice would make us better than keeping Barber and starting TO and Crayton.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #449
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
How many running backs made it to the Pro Bowl last year?

I noticed one of them was named "Barber"...
I KNEW someone was going to throw this out... Hahahaha... So did Roy Fucking Williams. Now go hide under your desk and slap yourself 10 good times.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-27-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #450
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
I guarantee if CJ came to the Cowboys, you'd get over that pretty fast. I have a feeling the ensuing 15-1 season and likely Super Bowl victory would change your mind.
There aren't enough downs in the game of football to get both Ownes & Johnson the amount of passes they'd want (even if we never ran the ball...)

Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #451
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
I KNEW someone was going to throw this out... Hahahaha... So did Roy Fucking Williams. Now go hide under your desk and slap yourself 10 good times.
You knew someone would throw that out there because it's the only rational way to measure "talent" - it's not like anyone owed a backup RB a slot on the Pro Bowl squad...

Roy Williams slid in because he happens to play a weak position in the league - there's no shortage of talented running backs...

Last edited by Underdog; 04-27-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #452
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Yeah, I would welcome Johnson, but I kind of agree. He is scary with TO.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #453
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
You knew someone would throw that out there because it's the only rational way to measure "talent" - it's not like anyone owed a backup RB a slot on the Pro Bowl squad...

Roy Williams slid in because he happens to play a weak position in the league - there's no shortage of talented running backs...
Yeah, thats it. And the other 11 COWBOYS players all deserved to go, right.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #454
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Have I missed a newsflash somewhere? When/where did Barber demand or indicate that he would demand LT money?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #455
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There aren't enough downs in the game of football to get both Ownes & Johnson the amount of passes they'd want (even if we never ran the ball...)
You don't think decimating opponents by 20 points every week would curtail both of their individual desires a bit? It sure did with TO this year. He had a few games where he didn't catch many passes, but he didn't complain because the 'Boys won.

I don't know what Chad's current contract is, but I"m sure that he could exist here for 1 season without causing any major problems. And that'd probably be one Super Bowl victory, at which point we can get rid of him once he starts to inevitably become a nuisance.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #456
Underdog

Quote:
Yeah, thats it. And the other 11 COWBOYS players all deserved to go, right.
Actually, yes...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #457
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We are America's team. We get more recognition than any other team. Barber had 3 or 4 AMAZING plays and those three things got him into the Pro-Bowl. He has never had one thousand yards in his life but this son-of-a-B is a top 7 back. Damn guys, really?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #458
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Parker, Portis, and McGahee are all better than Barber. I love me some Barber but Goddamn do you overrate his ass. He got all of his carries against guys that had played 2-4 series while he was fresh as a new born babies ass. Sure he averaged more per carry doing that, who wouldn't in that scenario. Gore is a gamble, but damn is he good when healthy and you know it. So you wouldn't have traded MB3 straight up to draft McFadden if it would have been accepted? You damn right I am counting him.

Don't you think that Boldin would be amazing too if you put him with Brady? Do you think Arizona has put many QBs in the hall of fame? Come on man.

Look, I love Barber for what he brings to the table. He is a change of pace back and a hell of a competitor. With that said, he is NOT a top 10 back. Maybe he proves to be next year, but right now that is just ridiculous, regardless of any bull shit pro bowl vote. Boldin is a damn stud and I would love to have him on the team when you look at our needs. That is why I would make the trade. Needs. We NEED a young stud WR and don't at RB with these two guys drafted. They are calling Barber and F. Jones already Thunder and Lighting. Just plug Choice in there for the Thunder and Get your new lightning with Boldin if you ask me.
i already said id probably do it one for one. the problem i had is you said youd throw in a first which is just incredibly stupid. i agree about the pro bowl voting. i ignore it when i tell you how much roy williams sucks, so it would be hypocritical to use it now that it supports my argument. what the hell are you talking about when you mention brady? are you seriously saying youd take him over moss? and mb3 had a great game against one of the best front 7s in the business as the starter in the playoffs. he can play. mcgahee just isnt very good. and no i wouldnt have done the mcfadden trade straight up. i know im the only one but i wouldnt have. gore was amazing when norv turner was his offensive coordinator. just like every rb that has ever had norv as a coordinator was. see lamont jordan. portis doesnt do anything for me these days. i used to love him, but he has become injury prone and im not sure they wouldnt be better off benching him for betts. parker is a question of styles. id rather my number one back be the all around/between the tackles guy and my change of pace guy be the speed guy instead of reversing those roles.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #459
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Actually, yes...
Under the desk yet?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #460
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Actually, yes...
Marge called, can you pick up Bart from school today?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #461
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
You don't think decimating opponents by 20 points every week would curtail both of their individual desires a bit? It sure did with TO this year. He had a few games where he didn't catch many passes, but he didn't complain because the 'Boys won.

I don't know what Chad's current contract is, but I"m sure that he could exist here for 1 season without causing any major problems. And that'd probably be one Super Bowl victory, at which point we can get rid of him once he starts to inevitably become a nuisance.
I'd rather have a long-term solution like Roy Williams (UT) - no need to gamble on Johnson when we already have T.O., Pacman, and Tank to deal with...

Not that I'd complain if he came here...

Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #462
LonghornDub

Quote:
I'd rather have a long-term solution like Roy Williams (UT) - no need to gamble on Johnson when we already have T.O., Pacman, and Tank to deal with...

Not that I'd complain if he came here...
Well hey man, nobody's gotta sell me on good Roy, for obvious reasons. I'm down. Boldin would be a similarly terrific addition.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #463
Underdog

Quote:
Marge called, can you pick up Bart from school today?
I never seen you act like a bitch on this board before - Marion Barber really gets under your skin, huh?

Last edited by Underdog; 04-27-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #464
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, let's take it easy on the Barber love. Let's let him carry the load for a full game and still be able to pick up blitzes in the second half before declaring him top ten anything.

And let's please not use Pro Bowl to justify anyone's status. TNew made the Pro Bowl for the first time last season, no?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #465
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
i already said id probably do it one for one. the problem i had is you said youd throw in a first which is just incredibly stupid. i agree about the pro bowl voting. i ignore it when i tell you how much roy williams sucks, so it would be hypocritical to use it now that it supports my argument. what the hell are you talking about when you mention brady? are you seriously saying youd take him over moss? and mb3 had a great game against one of the best front 7s in the business as the starter in the playoffs. he can play. mcgahee just isnt very good. and no i wouldnt have done the mcfadden trade straight up. i know im the only one but i wouldnt have. gore was amazing when norv turner was his offensive coordinator. just like every rb that has ever had norv as a coordinator was. see lamont jordan. portis doesnt do anything for me these days. i used to love him, but he has become injury prone and im not sure they wouldnt be better off benching him for betts. parker is a question of styles. id rather my number one back be the all around/between the tackles guy and my change of pace guy be the speed guy instead of reversing those roles.
But that is what I mean... Doing it 1 for 1 is a RIDICULOUS yes for this team. CRAZY! You would HAVE to give them the 1 or at LEAST a 2 to make them bite. Again, with this team and our pass mentality I would take my chances with a Choice/Jones RB tandem and TO/Boldin before I would with Barber/Jones/Choice at RB and TO/Crayton at WR, even if it meant losing the LAST first round pick in the draft while having a 2nd, two 3rds, and two 4ths next year.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #466
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
I never seen you act like a bitch on this board before - Marion Barber really gets under your skin, huh?
No, I love him, but I hate dumb asses like you that over value a backup RB that may or may not be able to carry the load.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #467
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We are America's team. We get more recognition than any other team. Barber had 3 or 4 AMAZING plays and those three things got him into the Pro-Bowl. He has never had one thousand yards in his life but this son-of-a-B is a top 7 back. Damn guys, really?
I don't know. The America's Team moniker is kind of dying now don't you think? The bandwagoners jump on and off the Cowboys bandwagon throughout the season.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #468
Underdog

Quote:
No, I love him, but I hate dumb asses like you that over value a backup RB that may or may not be able to carry the load.
When did I overvalue him?

I think I understand his value exactly - I'M not the person who claimed he's top-7, though I wouldn't give him up in favor of handing our running game over to rookies just so we can add to our already-stacked receiving corps...

Old 04-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #469
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, let's take it easy on the Barber love. Let's let him carry the load for a full game and still be able to pick up blitzes in the second half before declaring him top ten anything.

And let's please not use Pro Bowl to justify anyone's status. TNew made the Pro Bowl for the first time last season, no?
Sigh...

Glad you said full GAME, because that is all you could say, isn't it? My point is the Pro Bowl always picks guys non deserving and that whole bull shit pat yourself on the back award to rate players is ridiculous. Sure, some deserving players go that should have been on the team years before, (Newman), but for the most part it is a popularity contest. When you make 5-7 guys miss while taking yourself from out of the end zone back in and run 50 yards to get 10, you make the team.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #470
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

I think I understand his value exactly - I'M not the person who claimed he's top-7, though I wouldn't give him up in favor of handing our running game over to rookies just so we can add to our already-stacked receiving corps...
Our already stacked receiving corps??

Huh??

I don't think I would trade a first+Barber for Boldin, but come on. Our RB situation is now easily more deep than our WR group. RB's are much, much easier to find, and contirbute much, much sooner after being drafted.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #471
Five-ofan
Guru

honestly when i evaluate football players i go by what i see and then check the stats when someone makes me question what my eyes tell me. i do think mb3 is a little overrated by a bunch of cowboys fans but im definitely not overrating him as much as you are boldin. you mention barber has never had to be "the man" thats a bigger problem for a receiver because you defend rbs the same way whether they start or not. you dont defend number 1 and number 2 receivers and boldin has always been a number 2 to fitz.(which isnt as big a deal because of TO here but in terms of evaluating him as a player its important)
Old 04-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #472
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:

Making yourself look more and more foolish all the time. Other than Chum, (sorry buddy, but you love you some Stanback and if he has caught more passes than I have fingers - on one hand - I would be very suprised), who here thinks our receiving corps are stacked?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #473
Underdog

Quote:
Making yourself look more and more foolish all the time. Other than Chum, (sorry buddy, but you love you some Stanback and if he has caught more passes than I have fingers - on one hand - I would be very suprised), who here thinks our receiving corps are stacked?
Jerry Jones

Last edited by Underdog; 04-27-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #474
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
I don't know. The America's Team moniker is kind of dying now don't you think? The bandwagoners jump on and off the Cowboys bandwagon throughout the season.
Actually, I take back what I said. The Cowboys, along with the Patriots, are "America's Teams". You either absolutely love them (so you watch), or absolutely hate them and want them to lose (so you watch).

By the way, Marion Barber's little brother got drafted by the Texans. Didn't know Marion had a little brother. He plays FS.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-27-2008 at 03:13 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #475
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Sigh...

Glad you said full GAME, because that is all you could say, isn't it? My point is the Pro Bowl always picks guys non deserving and that whole bull shit pat yourself on the back award to rate players is ridiculous. Sure, some deserving players go that should have been on the team years before, (Newman), but for the most part it is a popularity contest. When you make 5-7 guys miss while taking yourself from out of the end zone back in and run 50 yards to get 10, you make the team.
i actually hated that run. he made like 2 yards and if he hadnt gone backwards he wouldnt have had to do all that stuff. and i agree about the pro bowl stuff. i think you are severely underrating the value of the draft pick at this point. players just dont bring number 1 picks these days. they damn sure dont bring an equivalent player and a number 1 pick.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #476
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
honestly when i evaluate football players i go by what i see and then check the stats when someone makes me question what my eyes tell me. i do think mb3 is a little overrated by a bunch of cowboys fans but im definitely not overrating him as much as you are boldin. you mention barber has never had to be "the man" thats a bigger problem for a receiver because you defend rbs the same way whether they start or not. you dont defend number 1 and number 2 receivers and boldin has always been a number 2 to fitz.(which isnt as big a deal because of TO here but in terms of evaluating him as a player its important)
Boldin had a pretty darn nice season while Fitz was still in college dude.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #477
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Our already stacked receiving corps??

Huh??

I don't think I would trade a first+Barber for Boldin, but come on. Our RB situation is now easily more deep than our WR group. RB's are much, much easier to find, and contirbute much, much sooner after being drafted.
It is a tough call, for sure. It is a lot to give up but I would do it because of how our team is now. That is the only position I would trade Barber and a 1st for to get a top 6-8 position player, but I would. I would absolutely do it for Barber and a 2nd, but I don't think Arizona would.

Oh, and with Arizona, it really is 1a and 1b. Fitz isn't THAT much better than Boldin. Their best years are absolute mirrors of each other.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #478
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Boldin had a pretty darn nice season while Fitz was still in college dude.
i know. he had one of the best rookie seasons by a receiver in a while other than moss. i still dont think hes remotely a top 6-8 receiver.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #479
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
i actually hated that run. he made like 2 yards and if he hadnt gone backwards he wouldnt have had to do all that stuff. and i agree about the pro bowl stuff. i think you are severely underrating the value of the draft pick at this point. players just dont bring number 1 picks these days. they damn sure dont bring an equivalent player and a number 1 pick.
Well sure, it was a TERRIBLE decision, but that is what gets you into the Pro Bowl. Big plays like that which end up #1 on the Sportscenter Top 10. That pick will be the 32nd pick of the draft if the trade happens. I will give that HIGH second and Barber to get Boldin, but again, that is just my opinion.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #480
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
i know. he had one of the best rookie seasons by a receiver in a while other than moss. i still dont think hes remotely a top 6-8 receiver.
But you think Fitz. is right? And was that not a time when he was THE man?

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-27-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote