Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #121
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Nooooo I'm out of Mavs swag should I just wear old Mavs shirts that haven't been washed?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #122
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

No trail tonight. Just DESTROY them. Keep focus since the begin to the end of game.
Go Mavs!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #123
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

For me, maybe just for me, this encapsulates what I am feeling during these finals. I get this scene in my head every game. I don't know why... I keeping seeing Dirk as Rocky and he is just wondering around the gym floor holding the trophy...Not sure what he is yelling, maybe, "Holger!!"....

I just can't watch this scene without getting chills, or depending on how much I have drank, maybe tears...

Dirk Vs. Heat
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #124
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
One thing I was thinking about last night.... This is by FAR my favorite Mavericks team ever. Even while they were in the finals in 06, I "liked" the 03 team better.
So true.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #125
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
Not sure what he is yelling, maybe, "Holger!!"....
"YO TERRY! WE DID IT!"
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #126
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Best Mavs song I've heard so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDytuKJK5p0

Nothing special, but it gets your head bobbing
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #127
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
Best Mavs song I've heard so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDytuKJK5p0

Nothing special, but it gets your head bobbing
is that a song? just heard some guy talking with background music :P
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #128
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

nervous as f*k

chuck has to work the magic !
SCARED

GO MAVS, DO IT CHUCK
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #129
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
is that a song? just heard some guy talking with background music :P
You should hear some of the other Mavs inspired songs since we've made our run. I've heard 99% of them, this is the cream of the crop. Like I said not saying much.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #130
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
nervous as f*k

chuck has to work the magic !
SCARED

GO MAVS, DO IT CHUCK
If you aren't nervous then you don't care. Just imagine how the people actually involved in the game feel. I say that for both teams. The pressure on this game for both squads is the highest it will be unless there is a game 7. I can only imagine, and they have to wait all day to play the game. I couldn't function honestly.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #131
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

lol LeBron "surfed the net to read articles about himself to get motivated".

If you need THAT to get motivated in the finals, you're doing it wrong.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #132
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:

Lol'd, what a joke.

All day I've been nervous, something in the bottom of my stomach... all the emotional ups and downs, all the videos of Mav's showing heart, reading all these posts. Nervous with anticipation... seriously Mav's, let's fucking destroy them.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #133
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

The Mavs have an edge the Heat do not have in this game: they know this is their last game at home. There are no more games at the AAC for the Mavs. This is it. This is their last chance to press an advantage.

I think they'll play their best game of the season.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #134
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:

Yea they tried to compare it to something Jordan would do. No Jordan would have stopped at Stevenson's words about Lebron checking out and that would have been all the fuel he needed. Jordan would have mentally twisted into some personal vendetta and went out and lit Stevenson up for 50 tonight. That's Jordan.

Lebron has to go to youtube to try and get motiviation. If anything that had been said about you Lebron isn't enough motivation enough then you are doing it wrong.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-09-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #135
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Fear is for Heat fans.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-09-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #136
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Fear is for Heat fans.
The Heat fans around here are very nervous. I wouldn't call them all legit Heat fans but they aren't saying much. They have yapped a lot before the series and after every win but besides that nothing. Tonight is a great way to really shut them up and put the fear of the Mav into their guts. We want the Heat on the brink for the rest of the series @ home, not the other way around. Tonight is a must win! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-09-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #137
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm nervous
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #138
Nowitzness81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I'm nervous
Dirk got this.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #139
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

SO pumped for this game! Ready for Dirk and the Mavs to lay a beatdown on this whiny bunch!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #140
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I'm nervous
Like I said if you ain't nervous than you don't care. This is a good emotion. Enjoy it! A lot of people go through life not caring about anything.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-09-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #141
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

F 'em. Mavs hit their open shots, eliminate their unforced turnovers, and win by 9.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #142
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
F 'em. Mavs hit their open shots, eliminate their unforced turnovers, and win by 9.
If we would hit our open shots I really think we could open up a real lead against this team. I want to see it. #1 to see how the Heat respond and #2 to see how we play with a legit lead. People want to praise the Heat defense but the Mavs have gotten open looks in all 4 games. They need to start making them more consistently if they want to win this series.

Last edited by Dale4Saul2Red0; 06-09-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #143
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

I am so nervous...my Mavs will cause me to have a heart attack at my current age of 25. Damn these down to the wire games!
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #144
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Go Mavs!!!
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #145
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Lebron will have a good game with something to prove, but the Mavs will win.

If our bench can outscore their bench then we win.

Last edited by Mav Addict; 06-09-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #146
Frank89149

Frank89149 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
The Heat fans around here are very nervous. I wouldn't call them all legit Heat fans but they aren't saying much. They have yapped a lot before the series and after every win but besides that nothing. Tonight is a great way to really shut them up and put the fear of the Mav into their guts. We want the Heat on the brink for the rest of the series @ home, not the other way around. Tonight is a must win! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!
As a Heat fan, yeah I'm nervous. The Heat have done nothing to combat the zone. Mavs should just run it all night. The scoring for the heat comes to a screeching halt when you guys go to that.

I haven't come here yapping after wins and have been present after defeats. So I hope I can at least be the one "legit" heat fan around here with some class.

It's been a great series. Mavs have battled tough to knot this series up. I tip my hat.
Frank89149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #147
Nowitzness81

Old 06-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #148
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Hang ´em !

wohooooooo, there it finally is!

<3 the sig : P
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #149
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Those twitter rumors about Lebrons wife are ridiculous, but some type of distraction nonetheless

Last edited by Mav Addict; 06-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #150
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank89149 View Post
As a Heat fan, yeah I'm nervous. The Heat have done nothing to combat the zone. Mavs should just run it all night. The scoring for the heat comes to a screeching halt when you guys go to that.

I haven't come here yapping after wins and have been present after defeats. So I hope I can at least be the one "legit" heat fan around here with some class.

It's been a great series. Mavs have battled tough to knot this series up. I tip my hat.
Part of the key to the zone's success is the stealth nature of it's deployment. They played it to perfection last game. Be interesting to see what the rotations look like without Haywood. Thought Cardinal did a nice job on Bosh for a time.

It HAS been a great series. Can't wait for Game 5.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #151
Dale4Saul2Red0

Quote:

You're one of the few, trust me but I know Mavs nation has their idiots too. That goes for any fan base. I consider myself overly passionate.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #152
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

I'd feel a lot better if I saw the Braveheart pic in this thread!

All I'm saying...
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #153
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Coach will figure it out..hopefully a little too late, but I mean with Wade breaking down 2 defenders at once, jump stop, will draw 3 guys, Miller create a passing lane on the stripe, Bosh attack the cup from the right and James from the left. I think these guys focus on one thing and aren't well versed on another. The Mavs have employed several things, different looks, different personnel, makes it difficult for the Heat to catch up.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #154
Nowitzness81

Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #155
Dale4Saul2Red0

^
Did someone shoot that GIF from their fucking Iphone?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #156
Nowitzness81

Tried to keep the filesize down.

Crith Both has arrived! YAY!

Last edited by Nowitzness81; 06-09-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #157
Mav Addict
Golden Member

What is it with pastel colors and South Beach?....all dark clothing gets tossed out when you move to Miami I guess
Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #158
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Quote:
One thing I was thinking about last night.... This is by FAR my favorite Mavericks team ever. Even while they were in the finals in 06, I "liked" the 03 team better.
I hope you mean the 02-03 team and not the 03-04 team. lol

Last edited by mavspwnage; 06-09-2011 at 06:25 PM.
mavspwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #159
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Haywood inactive ... now pray that Tyson plays smart.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #160
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

After Tuesday nights game, I look at these Mavs as more confident then ever. After all we have been through I cannot help but have faith and confidence in these guys. I cannot wait for our confidence to come busting through tonight tearing our enemy to pieces. Our shots will fall, our defense solid, our minds are set, our focus is sharp, our accuracy deadly. Fuck em all, let's go Mavs.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote