Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default To the Matt Jones doubters...

Watch Sportscenter tonight. Jones just made an incredible onehanded diving catch over his shoulder in the Falcons/Jags preseason game on ESPN. Matt was recently bumped up to their 3rd WR. Matt. Jones. Is. A. Freak.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: To the Matt Jones doubters...

Matt Jones is an effing stud. Would have had a touchdown, too, if he hadn't been overthrown. The guy can run by anybody. Or jump over them, if he doesn't.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

The guy looked like he had Randy Moss type stuff........that is scary how good he might be.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:To the Matt Jones doubters...

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Matt Jones is an effing stud. Would have had a touchdown, too, if he hadn't been overthrown. The guy can run by anybody. Or jump over them, if he doesn't.
so could Randell Williams

Old 08-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

And didn't he have a great NFL career?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Randall Williams never had a single catch in a dallas cowboys uniform over 3 or 4 seasons
Old 08-26-2005, 02:10 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

You better check yourself!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
You better check yourself!
....go ahead....finish the phrase....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

He had 1 in 4 years
Old 08-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

Just as I expected. Now can we PLEASE stop tarnishing the career of this former Cowboys great? I don't think any of us will ever forget the on-sides-kick return.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Matt Jones hasn't even played in a regular season game yet..and he's already a better player than Williams could ever dream of being.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Randall Williams did return an onside kick by the Eagles for a touchdown in the first play of a game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:44 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Who doubted Matt Jones? It seems like everyone and their momma was on his bandwaggon during the draft. Hopefully he lives up to the hype.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 01:53 AM   #14
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

A certain few HERE were praying the cowboys wouldn't get him, 'cause his hands weren't proven and his route running might be bad. I, having followed his career, was mad the 'Boys didn't take a chance on him.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:10 AM   #15
Bystander

Bystander is on a distinguished road

He covers 10 yards in 3 steps. It's fun to watch.
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Matt. Jones.
Who?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:33 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #18
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He's no Tom Crowder...
Old 08-28-2005, 02:32 PM   #19
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all up on me..Matt Jones..back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all up on me..Matt Jones..back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all up on me..Matt Jones..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 01:48 AM   #20
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

...sigh...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote