Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

It might be farfetched know? But if the bulls draft Darko Millic they can fill a hole another hole with the mavericks. I am not advocating a trade with one of the big three. But if push comes to shove and they get ousted in the conference finals.

The biggest hole is not small forward. Its a capable big man that doesn't get shoved when his team needed him. If nelson had a center to complement dirk. We wouldn't play small ball at all. Nash and Dirk are definitely untochable unless of course you got shaq. But Finley isn't pluses for the trade We get a big man. Finley gets to go back home prove that he is still an all-star. Probably have to add a third team maybe like memphis add a big salary like Dickerson's to even the trade out. Eddy Curry put up 20 points and 7 rebounds against shaq and the two centers held shaq to just 13 points. Something is obviously bruing as it relates to the bulls who have beaten their former coach three of the last four times.

Bradley then becomes your back up center. Raef moves to back up Dirk where Raef is a natural four. Eddie is your starter. plug in a guy maybe Dickerson get him from Memphis add nash and Dirk you have a great team.

Why the bulls do it Finley and Rose can play two and three. Finley is 6 feet 7 inches tall enough to play at the three. Darko is their Dirk or starter kit and Eddy or Chandler is their center. With Crawford or williams battling it out at the point.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have Chandler than Curry. He is more athletic than Curry. He boards better in space. He is more aggressive, blocks shots much better. And he can step out to 15 feet and hit an occasional jumper.

To me he has much more upside than Curry.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
Kevink00012

Kevink00012 is on a distinguished road

No way would I give up Finley for Chandler/Curry and Dickerson.
Kevink00012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

There has been a long standing debate on this forum over who is the better player, Rose or Finley. My opinion is that talent wise, Rose is probably a better fit here. But you can't take away Finley's contribution in terms of chemistry and cohesion. That being said, if the Bulls would agree to a Finley for Rose and Chandler deal, I'd do it. But they won't, so who cares.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I´d go with Chandler, but we won´t have to trade for him, since we´ll win it this year anyways.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:56 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

That's why i said if we bomb.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:15 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I´d go with Chandler, but we won´t have to trade for him, since we´ll win it this year anyways. >>

Thank you. An excellent post that I have been hoping to see for a long time. Thank you.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 09:37 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< I´d go with Chandler, but we won´t have to trade for him, since we´ll win it this year anyways. >>

Thank you. An excellent post that I have been hoping to see for a long time. Thank you.
>>

I agree. Is Chandler even a center? I know he is about 7 foot or close to it but I always thought of him as a 3 or 4. I remember Eddy Curry from high school known as &quot;Baby Shaq&quot;. I don't do it and maybe it is because i'm a Fin fan but I do not see Curry nor Chandler developing under Nellie. I like Rose but as far as talent wise there are things Fin does better than Rose and vice versa. Rose is the better ball handler while Fin is the better rebounder and defender (which isn't saying much). With Fin here you rarely see him force a shot that he isn't going to hit while Rose believes he can hit any shot on the court. Rose is also the better passer. I don't see it as a major upgrade for the Mavs. Rose and Chandler sounds like a good trade but I don't see Cuban doing it. I think it's going to take much more for Cub to trade Fin. Something like a no brainer. When I saw that Cuban didn't pull the Grant and Best for Nick trade it gives me more confidence that Fin will be here next season.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 10:34 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

Finley is 30 not 27 his window is closing. His skills are clearly diminishing and so is his role with the team. Remember I said if we bomb in the playoffs very possible the spurs are only 2.5 games back of us with 16 games to play. The spurs have 17 games 10 at home 7 on the road.
The one real need is center not small forward, not another pf out of position center.

I hope cuban isn't out of his mind Curry doesn't cost what KG or brand would. If we had a center that was good we would be dominate.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:39 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Finley is 30 not 27 his window is closing. His skills are clearly diminishing and so is his role with the team. Remember I said if we bomb in the playoffs very possible the spurs are only 2.5 games back of us with 16 games to play. The spurs have 17 games 10 at home 7 on the road.
The one real need is center not small forward, not another pf out of position center.

I hope cuban isn't out of his mind Curry doesn't cost what KG or brand would. If we had a center that was good we would be dominate.
>>

Read this over and over again. Now if your the Chicago Bulls why would you trade away Curry for Finley who is 30 and his window is closing? His skills are clearly diminishing and so is his role on this team. Why? Why do you make these posts and dog the player who you want some team to take? Cuban is not the one out of his mind.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:56 AM   #11
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

well said FFM.

why on earth would the bulls even want to do this trade? besides if i'm the mavs, i find some other way to get curry without swapping finley for rose. rose is a horrible team player, constantly whining about the number of shots he gets and how he needs to be more involved in the offense.

fin as much as i dog him for his lack of handles and D, is a much better team player and more efficient scorer. where as rose may take 20-25 shots to get his 20 pts, fin will usually take 15-18 to get his.

if you don't think rose will b*tch on a winning team, i submit to you as proof --- his stay at indiana. and as far as his lack of leadership goes --- read what he recently said to the media concerning jay williams.

jalen rose? no thanks, i'd rather have a bad case of herpes.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:42 AM   #12
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Now if your the Chicago Bulls why would you trade away Curry for Finley who is 30 and his window is closing?

And that's the essential question, FFM.

The Bulls have a very young core. Chandler, Curry, Crawford, J. Williams, Marshall...

The only reason that I can imagine is some veteran leadership that Rose can't/won't provide. And that's slim.

If they get Milicic, I'd put this one on &quot;wait watchers&quot;...