Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default Pavel or DA?

Who makes the playoff Roster Pavel or DA?

Old 04-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Pavel or DA?

isn't it obvious?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I dislike Super Spare's game as much as anybody, but Pavel isn't ready to contribute in the playoffs this year. Super Spare should be the 12th man.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

No brainer. Players who can count their NBA minutes on their fingers should not be on playoff rosters.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I agree. But wouldn't it be nice to send SS to the IR when Dampier comes back? Let the bear finish out the season before brining back super spare.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

The super spare stuff is driving me crazy. DA is a good player who brings defense and hussle to a team that lacks hussle a lot of the time. His offensive game has gone to hell, but he can still help wear down the opposing teams PG and since we will most likely play Sura or Bibby, Nash, and then Parker in that order, I think you guys should step off. If Avery is smart, he will run the 3 PG's at the other guys PG full court the entire game for the entire series. I do think that Terry needs to start and be in the last 5 minutes of every game, and that Harris needs the other minutes more, but that would be my plan for the entire playoffs. 28 minutes Terry, 12 minutes harris and 8 minutes DA and tell Harris and DA if they are not working the other PG's ass off then they sit.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

DA confuses trying to draw the charge ALL the time with playing defense....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:31 PM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think it depends on what AJ thinks is best. If he needs DA to guard Parker or Pavel to help out on Duncan. Its probably a no-brainer anyway.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
JD45

JD45 is on a distinguished road

Pavel would not cover Duncan. But he might be useful on Yao or to foul Shaq.

On the other hand Armstrong would be helpful on Nash.

I think the Mavs should keep Pavel active and send Armstrong to IR when Damp is back. They can always bring him back before the playoffs.
JD45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

So you want DA instead of Pavel on the playoff roster?

Quote:
Originally posted by: JD45
Pavel would not cover Duncan. But he might be useful on Yao or to foul Shaq.

On the other hand Armstrong would be helpful on Nash.

I think the Mavs should keep Pavel active and send Armstrong to IR when Damp is back. They can always bring him back before the playoffs.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #11
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Benga

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #12
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather see pavel get the chance to play in any game over DA.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 PM   #13
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

its a no brainer that DA is going over the bear.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:18 AM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No brainer. If heaven forbid jason or harris went down we'd be down to marquis running the point. I'm not ready to sign on to that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:27 AM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

^^Yea that's what I was about to post. We've seen how injurys can determine a playoff series and the point is the most important position in the playoffs. We have 3 or 4 guys who can play the 5 spot.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote