Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2007 MLB Playoffs

Rockies continuing their magical season
up 1-0 against the Diamondbacks

Cleveland v. Boston tonight

and the main reason why I started this thread.
According to his agent, Alex Rodriguez wants a 12-year, 360 million dollar contract.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Boston (Beckett is amazing) won tonight

Contact Me
Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
alby
Guru

How are people not reacting to A-Rod's demand of a 12 year, 320 million contract!?

Contact Me
Old 10-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

what the heck happened to Gagne? he was pretty solid here...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockies are an unstoppable force!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #6
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
How are people not reacting to A-Rod's demand of a 12 year, 320 million contract!?
Holy crap, thats way more than the whole Mavs payroll.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playof...ory?id=3065339

Red Sox slugger Ortiz says he faces offseason surgery

By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com
(Archive)

Updated: October 16, 2007, 1:44 AM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

CLEVELAND -- David Ortiz almost quit the American League Championship Series between Boston and Cleveland due to an injured knee, the Dominican slugger told ESPNdeportes.com on Monday.

David Ortiz
Ortiz

Designated Hitter
Boston Red Sox

2007 Season Stats GM HR RBI R OBP AVG
149 35 117 116 .445 .332

"After Saturday's game, my right knee was so swollen that I feared I wouldn't play again for the rest of the series," Ortiz said before going 1-for-3 as the Red Sox lost 4-2 on Monday to fall into a 2-1 hole in the ALCS.

"I spent Sunday in bed, taking medications. It looked really bad," Ortiz said.

Ortiz indicated that he will undergo surgery as soon as the season is over. He has taken a cortisone shot in order to be able to make it through the ALCS, but would rather not face the needle again for the World Series.

"I'm a very traditional man. I'd rather drink some tea than take cortisone," Ortiz joked.

This season has been injury-plagued for Ortiz, who has dealt with back and shoulder problems. Still, he managed to hit .332 with 35 home runs, 52 doubles, 117 RBIs, 116 runs scored and 111 walks.

In the division series against the Los Angeles Angels, he went 5-for-7 with two home runs. He drove in three runs and walked six times to help the Red Sox sweep in three games.

Ortiz has reached base 19 out of 26 times in the postseason and equaled an all-time record by getting on base 10 consecutive times between Game 3 of the division series and Game 2 of the ALCS.

So he's trying to fight through the injury.

"When one has been playing this game for a long time, you learn to deal with pain," Ortiz said. "This is no time for crying. But I really want this season to be over to undergo knee surgery."
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #8
alby
Guru

game 7!!!

Dice-K going to start, this is where we see if he lives up to all the hype heading into the year.

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Screw Big Papi. Either his steroid knee holds up or it doesn't hold up. It's really not worth all the drama.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #10
alby
Guru

I think schilling is the drama king, more so than manny or papi

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

You know, it's not that I don't like the Red Sox, but if they move on, it's going to add an hour to my commute every time they're at home. So...let's get real, Cleveland.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
You know, it's not that I don't like the Red Sox, but if they move on, it's going to add an hour to my commute every time they're at home. So...let's get real, Cleveland.
You're a saint Ames. Everybody must be so crazy up there right now. I don't think I could handle it between them and the Pats.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #13
alby
Guru

dice-k not pitching that well, but he has the lead

3-1 heading into the bottom of the 4th

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #14
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

F! Can't believe Lofton didn't go for it there. WTF, Indians? You're killing me.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

He got the stop sign.

Can't believe that coach didn't send him. If he's thrown out at home you have a man on second and two outs.

Really, really stupid.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #16
ames7
Diamond Member

5-2, & there goes my dream of blissful, riot-free commutes. Dammit.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
alby
Guru

cleveland has made some terrible mistakes

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #18
alby
Guru

theres still hope for u ames, 2 on no outs in the 8th

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Pappelbon's about to slam the door on this sucker.

Bummer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #20
alby
Guru

this could be lidge part II

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

No way. Not Pappelbon.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
alby
Guru

hell of a slider.

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #23
alby
Guru

that was 10 feet from being lidge part 2 =p

Contact Me
Old 10-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

This game was closer than the last one...

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-21-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #25
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That last home run was a MONSTER!!! Wow.

(btw, is there a more pathetic sports city than cleveland? Those people are going to kill themselves)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-21-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #26
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

(btw, is there a more pathetic sports city than cleveland? Those people are going to kill themselves)
Buffalo, New York.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(btw, is there a more pathetic sports city than cleveland?

Dallas without Kobe? (it r teh suck...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Dallas without Kobe? (it r teh suck...)

lol. They're going to get on you worse than they got on me man. I got some PM's. Death threats, etc.... I think Alby is sitting outside my house in his car with a shotgun.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol. They're going to get on you worse than they got on me man. I got some PM's. Death threats, etc.... I think Alby is sitting outside my house in his car with a shotgun.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Flacolaco again.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #30
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like I am in the minority here but I am excited it's Boston. Cleveland vs. Colorado just sounds boring. Not that Colorado vs. anyone sounds exciting but at least the Red Sox have some drama..... plus with Cleveland choking like they did will shutup my work neighbor.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #31
alby
Guru

anything v. colorado is boring IMO

i don't care if they've won like 99 out of their last 100 games =p

Contact Me
Old 10-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #32
ames7
Diamond Member

I'm so annoyed at Cleveland. Oh well. I kinda think that now that they're going to World Series, I better start supporting Boston or I might get killed in a riot. It would be vaguely amusing to see what would happen over here if they got beat by freaking Colorado though...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
I'm so annoyed at Cleveland. Oh well. I kinda think that now that they're going to World Series, I better start supporting Boston or I might get killed in a riot. It would be vaguely amusing to see what would happen over here if they got beat by freaking Colorado though...
Yeah what are you doing? Go out right now and buy a red sox hat or a tee shirt. You better fit in, or else the rioters might mistake you for the enemy.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #34
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I hate red sox nation
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #35
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I will watch some* of the World Series.

And that, is mostly because it's in HD.

Go Rockies? I guess?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #36
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I would really get a kick out of the National League crushing the American League again this year.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #37
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The only good thing about the world series coming up, is that we get to see what's going to happen to Arod.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man I hope the Red Sox lose. What a shock to the system of Boston that would be.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

Hopefully Tom Brady is a huge red sox fan..and them getting swept by the Rockies would cause such a depression that he starts throwing pick after pick
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #40
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Hopefully Tom Brady is a huge red sox fan..and them getting swept by the Rockies would cause such a depression that he starts throwing pick after pick

tom brady was seen in NY like 6 months ago, wearing a yankees hat.