Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #481
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Nice, but if you were writing for Nemesis then you wrote about three paragraphs too many. His attention span is, you see, extremen***ly limited.
Chummybear, I am "acting" in my extremes... But, that is a little to rich and twisted for you to understand. You're just being yourself. A pompous-ass.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #482
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Chummybear, I am "acting" in my extremes... But, that is a little to rich and twisted for you to understand. You're just being yourself. A pompous-ass.
It's hard to find any of that that makes any sense.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #483
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
It's hard to find any of that that makes any sense.

haha.. exactly!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM   #484
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you are actually female.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #485
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you are referring to Phillips Chum??? He/She made it obvious in the 4th there...

Hey, at least this high powered D got to Brady preventing him from having a care...........oops.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #486
Nemesis
Diamond Member

haha...what can I say to that? You got me.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #487
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Needless to say Phillips is in my doghouse after that junk.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #488
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Since Alby has officially retired, who is going to start the GDT now?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #489
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Anybody see the press conference? If so, did any of the reports nutt up and ask what the he was thinking kicking a field goal? It's not rocket science.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-14-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #490
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I am always up for starting the thread. I should have this time anyway streak be damned - I bleed a thicker silver and blue than 90% of those on this board anyway.

After all, how many would go on record as saying "give me 1 Superbowl over 5 NBA Championships anyday"...

Like it matters though... I can just see the Pats thinking "Fing A!!! Alby started the Game Day Thread over at Dallas-Mavs.com! This means we can win today"

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-14-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #491
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Anybody see the press conference? If so, did any of the reports nutt up and ask what the he was thinking kicking a field goal? It's not rocket science.
Nope... This was the first game in a long time where I just walked away after the game, (regardless of it being a win or a loss). I know it was closer than it looked, but due to the final score the world thinks we got humiliated and that sucks.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-14-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #492
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
Nope... This was the first game in a long time where I just walked away after the game, (regardless of it being a win or a loss). I know it was closer than it looked, but due to the final score the world thinks we got humiliated and that sucks.
Me, too. That's very rare for me. But my heart just wasn't into it.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #493
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Felt the same this summer...
Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #494
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think that field goal was too bad of a choice. I surely don't blame that on dallas's defense getting their rear-end's tanned all game.

Hey you want to win, stop the other guys from scoring 48 points. Oh and try not to get 12 penalties either.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-14-2007 at 10:09 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #495
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

12 penatlies were tough, especially on three 3rd or 4th down conversions that I remember off the top of my head. New England is too explosive to throw as much as we did. I think Barber could wear Bruschi and Harrison down like the whiny girls that they are. With that being said, going down 14-0 ultimtely threw our gameplan out the window. Our defense needs to step up early and not put us in a hole. We can't bank on scoring a defensive TD everytime we play them. Our offense needs to wake up during the kickoff at the beginning of the game, not just the one after halftime. And what is up with our receiving team, other than that Thompson run (he should have cut back inside and taken it to the house) on the kickoff, I really haven't seen any explosiveness all season long.

Nemisis, I know you don't think much of the Cowboys--The truth is that we don't really care what you think. Dallas showed a lot to me today, surprisingly even actually taking the lead in the 2nd half (after a terrible 1st half). If we stay/get healthy, we are headed to the superbowl.

*And I want New England to be there as well*

I can't wait til we come out victorious in the rematch.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 10-14-2007 at 10:26 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #496
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Pats were just too strong today. But, hey. 5-1 is a pretty darn good record.

I think we still need to try to force the ball to TO more often. Other than that, I feel like the the offense could have stretched the field a whole lot more. I can't wait for Glenn to come back so we can just launch the ball downfield to him.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #497
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i kinda think they played a little too conservatively....it looked like Garrett wanted to keep Romo from throwing the INT...thus the short passes.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #498
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Pats were just too strong today. But, hey. 5-1 is a pretty darn good record.

I think we still need to try to force the ball to TO more often. Other than that, I feel like the the offense could have stretched the field a whole lot more. I can't wait for Glenn to come back so we can just launch the ball downfield to him.
I think we saw enough from the Buffalo game of what happens when you "force" balls to anyone.

Bad decision.

And Dude, that field goal was a bad decision. Phillips said looking back that he thought it was too. It basically earned nothing as it was still a two possession game against a team that was driving at will all game long, and our defense was obviously going to be worse from that point forward as they were on the field so much longer. You are asking for two defensive stops instead of one. Just a terrible decision if you ask me - really bad. I say you go for it there and if you don't get it you bring EVERYONE on the next play hoping for a turnover or safety. When the lights are on and you have a chance to get a win you don't kick a friggin field goal with 10 minutes left to put your team down 11 when you are kicking to the most explosive offense in the NFL. You simply don't do that and win in that situation.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 10-14-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #499
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
this game was not close enough to be considered anything but a failure
Sike is wise, and he said it best. People said all week "oh well the Pats were scoring all those points on crap teams in the first 5 weeks." And they scored their season high (by far) today. So as a logical corollary, what does that make Dallas?

On the other hand, I think the Cowboys are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFC.
It's just that, the NFC kind of sucks.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #500
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Again, 17 points came in the final 7-8 minutes. Still counts, but we did alright prior to that and still had a chance to win prior to that.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #501
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The NFL network just had a great break down of some of the TD plays for the Patriots. Their plays really are designed very well, and their receivers sure are fast.

I know the Cowboys made a lot of mistakes today, but you really can't take anything away from the pats and their execution. Pretty impressive.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #502
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think we saw enough from the Buffalo game of what happens when you "force" balls to anyone.
Really? Forced balls in the Buffalo game? Or horrible throws by Romo...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 AM   #503
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
The NFL network just had a great break down of some of the TD plays for the Patriots. Their plays really are designed very well, and their receivers sure are fast.

I know the Cowboys made a lot of mistakes today, but you really can't take anything away from the pats and their execution. Pretty impressive.
Their offense was too good. And I'm sure our defense became way too tired...

Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #504
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Really? Forced balls in the Buffalo game? Or horrible throws by Romo...
Um... Isn't that what a horrible throw is... A throw when there are two or more guys on one receiver and the defenders, because there are so many due to a FORCED throw into coverage, pick the damn thing off...

Same thing slick... Sure, there are picks like his first and third that are just bad throws, but the rest were forced balls into tight coverage that shouldn't have been forced and the defenders got there first.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #505
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
shouldn't be a surprise since we couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs. If there is one area that needs to be fixed immediately, it's 3rd downs. Oh and the secondary.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #506
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

The Patriots are just too good. At this point I don't think even the Colts can beat them.

I guess there's one thing I won't be doing today: listening to sports radio.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #507
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

So the Pats have high tech cameras, the refs AND TOM BRADY ON THEIR SIDE?

There is no fair, competitive balance in the NFL.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #508
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Um... Isn't that what a horrible throw is... A throw when there are two or more guys on one receiver and the defenders, because there are so many due to a FORCED throw into coverage, pick the damn thing off...

Same thing slick... Sure, there are picks like his first and third that are just bad throws, but the rest were forced balls into tight coverage that shouldn't have been forced and the defenders got there first.
Yup, 2 out of 5 picks (and arguably 3) were horrible throws--as in the receiver had no chance of catching it. Not necessarily a forced throw into coverage. I wouldn't consider a pass that is over way over the head of a receiver, then picked off by the safety 10 yards behind as forced into coverage.

As for forcing balls to TO...That's what he's all about--Running crossing routes and tearing apart double coverage. That's what makes TO, TO.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #509
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sike is wise, and he said it best. People said all week "oh well the Pats were scoring all those points on crap teams in the first 5 weeks." And they scored their season high (by far) today. So as a logical corollary, what does that make Dallas?

On the other hand, I think the Cowboys are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFC.
It's just that, the NFC kind of sucks.
that being said, I don't get the impression that the distance between these two teams is as wide as the margin of victory yesterday...more discipline (which is beginning to become a real story to me) and more determination to creatively work your best offensive option into the game is certainly what is needed...

just realize that we actually had the lead in the third yesterday WITH all of those mental errors and you will have a bit more hope for any future meetings between these two

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #510
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that being said, I don't get the impression that the distance between these two teams is as wide as the margin of victory yesterday...more discipline (which is beginning to become a real story to me) and more determination to creatively work your best offensive option into the game is certainly what is needed...

just realize that we actually had the lead in the third yesterday WITH all of those mental errors and you will have a bit more hope for any future meetings between these two
And we were without our starting corner, and Newman not 100%.

Anthony Henry on the field all day instead of Nate Jones makes a huge, huge difference.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #511
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And they were without their starting RB, then their second RB, then their starting tight end, and their best defensive player, richard Seymour.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #512
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And they were without their starting RB, then their second RB, then their starting tight end, and their best defensive player, richard Seymour.
Seymour I give you.

The others...not as big a factors as us missing Henry, imo. For the Patriots, RB is a completely interchangeable position.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #513
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty

Ya think?

Time of possession:

New England: 39mins
Dallas: 21mins

No defense can play that long in a game...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #514
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Time of possession:

=[

Old 10-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #515
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Time of possession:
woah.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #516
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Time of possession:

"Awww Shucks"
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #517
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

That is hilarious... That is exactly what it looks like he is saying there...
Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #518
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ya think?

Time of possession:

i've been debating going on record to say that the dallas run game is really mediocre, and that it's just a fluke (or a classic case of passing to set up the run) that their running stats look decent.....

.....this game put me that much closer to going on record....

anyhoo.....mediocre ground game plus weak secondary = your offense can't keep their offense off the field and your defense can't get their offense off the field = 48-27 curb-stomping at home.

this game really wasn't closer than score, as the saying goes--it was butt kicking from start to finish. dallas was lucky to be in the game at all in the 2nd half, and the final score was reasonably representative of the discrepancy between the two teams.....

that being said, i thought the 'boys played very hard yesterday, and i was quite pleased to see them fight their way back into the game......i think they would have absolutely folded last year if they got down by two tds early to a team like this.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #519
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
i've been debating going on record to say that the dallas run game is really mediocre, and that it's just a fluke (or a classic case of passing to set up the run) that their running stats look decent.....

.....this game put me that much closer to going on record....

anyhoo.....mediocre ground game plus weak secondary = your offense can't keep their offense off the field and your defense can't get their offense off the field = 48-27 curb-stomping at home.

this game really wasn't closer than score, as the saying goes--it was butt kicking from start to finish. dallas was lucky to be in the game at all in the 2nd half, and the final score was reasonably representative of the discrepancy between the two teams.....

that being said, i thought the 'boys played very hard yesterday, and i was quite pleased to see them fight their way back into the game......i think they would have absolutely folded last year if they got down by two tds early to a team like this.
yeah...the boys didn't look nearly as bad as the final score...but they do play like a dumb team far too often...what was it??? 12 penalties or something crazy like that? On your own field...against the best team in the league?! now that is just dumb.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:50 AM   #520
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah...the boys didn't look nearly as bad as the final score...but they do play like a dumb team far too often...what was it??? 12 penalties or something crazy like that? On your own field...against the best team in the league?! now that is just dumb.
what concerns me sike is that perhaps many of the penalties weren't so much a product of dumbness, but of being whipped in the first place.....the kozier hold on 4th and 1, for instance -- maybe kozier was holding because his man had him beat and if he didn't hold on for dear life mb3 was going to get stuffed.

i dunno, but sometimes penalties are a product of getting beaten (1-on-1)....if that's the case, fixing the penalties ain't easy.

also for the record -- the field goal in the fourth was way dumb...instead of going for it on 4th and goal from the 5 it left the cowboys needing to convert a 2 pointer which would have been only slightly less difficult than the 4th and 5..... i thought it was playing to not look so bad rather than to win, and this was disturbing to me.

Last edited by alexamenos; 10-16-2007 at 07:56 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote