Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-08-2003, 10:16 AM   #41
Tank

Tank is on a distinguished road

odviously trade parker since you got a good backup in claxton who does not demand many minutes(and wont get many behind kid) parker on the other hand will want minutes because hes a good young player and fell hes getting cheated so trade him for something good like odom yes possibly rashard lewis if you package jackson or manu and cash/pick seattle needs a point guard badly parker would fill it
Old 05-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #42
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

1st, Dallas, and the Spurs have to make big moves to stay with the Lakers this offseason. I really think that Pippen and either Malone or probably Howard will end up there. With a 3rd and 4th option that team is going to be hard to beat. Malone needs 20 pts a game and will not get it in LA. He could get it in Dallas though. Back to the subject.

I think that claxton is a free agent and will try to get to a team that will let him start. As for O'Niel, I think he would be crazy to go the the spurs because he and duncan play the same position and any other way you line them up 1 of them would not be in the flow. Also, the Spurs(unlike the rockets) seem to be moving to more motion getting their athletes in the game. With Duncan and Oniel with similar offensive games, there would have to be too many post-ups to get them both going. Robinson complements Duncan so well because he does not need to post. He works even better from the high post area.

A S&T for O'Niel might make sense for both. We get a young star that does two/3 things we need and they would be able to get value back. If we have to take Croshere, they would have to take Raef.

O'Niel/Croshere for Finley/Raef
or
ONiel/Croshere/Tinsley for Nash/Raef/AJ/plus whoever is not named Dirk, Finley, Najera or Bradley.
or
O'Niel/Tinsley for Nash/Raef/1st rounder

Stressboy

Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:58 PM   #43
bounce

bounce is on a distinguished road

As I understand it, Parker is untouchable. The Spurs are big on the idea of a Kidd/Parker backcourt, with a Manu/Jax/Bowen rotation at G/SF. They didn't offer a contract extension to Claxton, leading me to believe they're going hard after Kidd. Speedy will probably be available this offseason, but there's no way in hell Parker will.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote