Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it the conditioning program?

It seems everybody on the team is having some kind of pain in their body, this is strange because we usually never have this many injuries, and also Dirk and everyone else seems to have lost their shooting touch. Maybe its the weightlifting program, I think Dirk should sit out the last two games before the all-star game and I think he should skip the all-star game, also I think Avery should watch how much these guys are lifting weights. But the thing is that even if its the weights thats messing up everyone Avery will deny it and force them to continue lifting. My hope is that after we get beaten down in the playoffs this dude gets fired, all of the teams problems are right in his face and he does nothing about them because he is too stubborn and because he is inexperienced. I'm sorry but I think we are getting beat down in the playoffs(this is coming from a positive fan). Thanks Avery!! You've ruined another season!!

Last edited by LSMF; 02-13-2008 at 11:42 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I think every teams players at this point in the season suffer from some type of pain whether it be severe or minor. I think you just have to live with it. I'll say though Devin's injuries worry me a bit. He still has yet to add any weight to his already frail body and i'm afraid him being injured is something we're going to have to get accustom to with him taking charges and attacking the rim like he does.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

It's the waterboys. They aren't Johnny-on-the-spot like they used to be, so the players are more dehydrated and thus getting injured. I bet Avery uses it as motivation during time outs: "you don't get any water until you make another contested jump shot." Plus, Avery and them have been cheaping it on the water, buying Sam's Choice while billing Mark for Ozarka. They say it's the same, but you can't beat natural spring water with red labels. One of these days, Cuban's gonna be uber thirsty after scarfing down a $10 hot dog, and he's gonna grab a water cup out of a waterboy's hand. One sip, and the stuff will hit the fan.

EDIT: What brand of tampons do you all recommend? Any suggestions?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-13-2008 at 11:50 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez, not this again.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
It's the waterboys. They aren't Johnny-on-the-spot like they used to be, so the players are more dehydrated and thus getting injured. I bet Avery uses it as motivation during time outs: "you don't get any water until you make another contested jump shot." Plus, Avery and them have been cheaping it on the water, buying Sam's Choice while billing Mark for Ozarka. They say it's the same, but you can't beat natural spring water with red labels. One of these days, Cuban's gonna be uber thirsty after scarfing down a $10 hot dog, and he's gonna grab a water cup out of a waterboy's hand. One sip, and the stuff will hit the fan.
WTF? Lol
Old 02-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

haha.. that sh*t is hilarious. good work. i'd give you some rep..but i have given out too much over the past 24 hours....so i can't give any..to anybody
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
WTF? Lol
know what's really funny? his theory has as much merit as yours.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000

oh snap!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Well I guess that's your opinion, I just made this thread because everyone's body seems to be broken down and I thought maybe it was because they were lifting weights too much, I just wanted to see how everybody else felt about this situation but I guess that's a crime around here...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I guess that's your opinion, I just made this thread because everyone's body seems to be broken down and I thought maybe it was because they were lifting weights too much, I just wanted to see how everybody else felt about this situation but I guess that's a crime around here...
The thing is that this issue has been discussed ad nauseum since the beginning of the year. There's simply no merit to it.

Once you get into a solid, consistent lifting routine, your body doesn't even need all that much time to recover. As long as the guys aren't doing strenuous weightlifting 3 hours before tip, then I'm quite sure they're alright.

Oh, and that doesn't even take into account the fact that they're being supervised by some of the best sports medicine guys in the world.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

LOL NEW THREAD LOL
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
vmac

vmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nicevmac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
He still has yet to add any weight to his already frail body and i'm afraid him being injured is something we're going to have to get accustom to with him taking charges and attacking the rim like he does.
I'm not worried with players attacking the rim or taking charges. Devin actually landed fine and would've been OK if it wasn't for that fat a** ESPN camera man. This part is what pisses me off the most. Get those guys/cheerleaders off the damn court; they have no business being there.
vmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I love it. Now the injuries are Avery's fault! We've already blamed him for our stars missing wide open jumpshots. What else can blame him for? I think it is Avery's fault that Jason Terry is not 6'6''.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmac
I'm not worried with players attacking the rim or taking charges. Devin actually landed fine and would've been OK if it wasn't for that fat a** ESPN camera man. This part is what pisses me off the most. Get those guys/cheerleaders off the damn court; they have no business being there.
I second that. I hate seeing our guys go into the cameramen. Opponents, not so much. It just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #15
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
I love it. Now the injuries are Avery's fault! We've already blamed him for our stars missing wide open jumpshots. What else can blame him for? I think it is Avery's fault that Jason Terry is not 6'6''.
I would like you to point out where in my thread I blamed avery for our injuries
Old 02-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would like you to point out where in my thread I blamed avery for our injuries
this was your first mistake
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I still don't see it
Old 02-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

I guess I'll spell it out for you

there shouldn't have been a "my thread" to argue about in the first place because you shouldn't have made, yet another, thread about something that has been discussed countless times. Haven't you seen everyone complaining about the insane amounts of new threads being caused by a, ZOMG, losing streak that everyone will no doubt forget about the next time we win 5+ in a row?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #19
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:

there shouldn't have been a "my thread" to argue about in the first place because you shouldn't have made, yet another, thread about something that has been discussed countless times. Haven't you seen everyone complaining about the insane amounts of new threads being caused by a, ZOMG, losing streak that everyone will no doubt forget about the next time we win 5+ in a row?
Me and you have a misunderstanding, you say that many people already posted a thread about this topic, that means others may see it as a problem, if so many people think that it is a problem do you expect them to just stop talking about it? You expect every one to just forget about it? It's gunna keep coming up as long as the players keeps chucking up bricks and complaining about being hurt. And people say it like weights are harmless after a certain amount of time which I can agree but if you are already doing tough drills, and going through hard practices and then you lift weights it can cause your body to break down. That's why I posted this thread.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #20
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Is it the shoes? Let's ask MJ...
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #21
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

For maximum comfort & protection, 3 out of 4 pouting Mavs fans prefer:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-13-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a mistake as well.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Genius. Who knew?!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
This is a mistake as well.
hmm which was his first mistake then
Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
LSMF
Diamond Member

someone changed my original response lol

Last edited by LSMF; 02-13-2008 at 01:38 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

no

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-13-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #27
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems everybody on the team is having some kind of pain in their body, this is strange because we usually never have this many injuries, and also Dirk and everyone else seems to have lost their shooting touch. Maybe its the weightlifting program, I think Dirk should sit out the last two games before the all-star game and I think he should skip the all-star game, also I think Avery should watch how much these guys are lifting weights. But the thing is that even if its the weights thats messing up everyone Avery will deny it and force them to continue lifting. My hope is that after we get beaten down in the playoffs this dude gets fired, all of the teams problems are right in his face and he does nothing about them because he is too stubborn and because he is inexperienced. I'm sorry but I think we are getting beat down in the playoffs(this is coming from a positive fan). Thanks Avery!! You've ruined another season!!
Where did you say Avery was responsible for the players' injuries??
1) You begin with the title of your thread.
2) Then you state the team is having a lot of injuries, more so than in the past.
3) The team is shooting poorly.
4) Maybe its Avery's fault because of the weightlifting program.
5) Then you say even if this is the cause of the above then Avery will deny it. "Bad, bad Avery."
6) You conclude by saying "Thanks Avery! You've ruined another season!!"

I think you made your case pretty clear. Avery is the root of all evil.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

hahahaahaha, i'd never heard of that before. Good work my friend.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zomg

1. zomg

zOMG is a varient of the all-too-popular acronym "OMG", meaning "Oh My God".

The "z" was originally a mistake while attempting to hit the shift key with the left hand, and type "OMG"

Also used in all-caps, 'ZOMG' is generally used in a sarcastic manner, more often than not a humiliating fasion. It is also used as a device for stating the obvious.

"zOMG! you r teh winz!!one!!eleven!"

Last edited by MavsX; 02-13-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #29
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
no
Can I re-cast my vote in the U2 vs Silk debate?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-13-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #30
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
Where did you say Avery was responsible for the players' injuries??
1) You begin with the title of your thread.
2) Then you state the team is having a lot of injuries, more so than in the past.
3) The team is shooting poorly.
4) Maybe its Avery's fault because of the weightlifting program.
5) Then you say even if this is the cause of the above then Avery will deny it. "Bad, bad Avery."
6) You conclude by saying "Thanks Avery! You've ruined another season!!"

I think you made your case pretty clear. Avery is the root of all evil.
I still can't understand where I blamed it all on avery, I blamed it mostly on the weightlifting program and I said if it is the program avery should watch how much the players are lifting. Then I said even if it was the weight lifting avery would probably just deny it and force them to continue which would be disastrous for the playoffs. And number 4 is just a blatant lie because I never said that, there is nothing wrong with lifting weights but isn't it strange that we are having more injuries than before now that we are doing it?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #31
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
For maximum comfort & protection, 3 out of 4 pouting Mavs fans prefer:
But what about the 4th...?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
I still can't understand where I blamed it all on avery, I blamed it mostly on the weightlifting program and I said if it is the program avery should watch how much the players are lifting. Then I said even if it was the weight lifting avery would probably just deny it and force them to continue which would be disastrous for the playoffs. And number 4 is just a blatant lie because I never said that, there is nothing wrong with lifting weights but isn't it strange that we are having more injuries than before now that we are doing it?

Mavs problems ---> weightlifting ---> Avery

You still don't see the connection in YOUR OWN WORDS?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #33
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Then I said even if it was the weight lifting avery would probably just deny it and force them to continue which would be disastrous for the playoffs.
That's rather compelling

Is this ghost ball??
Old 02-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #34
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Uncle.