Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #121
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard that our best defensive back Chykie Brown wasn't hurt. I thought he was hurt in the Mizzou game but apparently he was 100% and ready to go. Apparently he was not being a model student-athlete and was held out of the game except for the drive Beasley got dinged up on. LonghornDub..can you confirm that? In a way I applaud Mack for keeping him out of the game if he has been skipping classes or terrible grades..but why didn't you suspend him for Baylor and not Tech . But..do we know of any other top-tier coaches that would've done that based on his principles? Go Mack Brown!

Last edited by nikeball; 11-03-2008 at 02:54 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #122
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
If Tech loses to OU or OSU, I completely expect them to drop below Texas... But, I do think it would be better for UT if Tech loses to OSU but beats OU.
Actually, the absolute best situation would be if Tech loses to both OSU and OU, and then OU loses to OSU in Stillwater.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-03-2008 at 03:40 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...that would be a good situation... and realistic. Basically, it's probably a good situation for UT as long as Tech loses one game..regardless of who it's to. I don't want voters to have to decide between UT and OU. I think UT would get the odd if they both have 1 loss..but, it'd be pretty dang close.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #124
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It all starts with this Saturday. If OSU wins, UT is in great shape. If Tech wins, things will be much tougher.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #125
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, things will be tougher. But, I still think a 1 loss UT team trumps anyone else in the Big 12 with a loss. But, we'll see.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #126
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yep, things will be tougher. But, I still think a 1 loss UT team trumps anyone else in the Big 12 with a loss. But, we'll see.
It will be razor close between UT and OU. You'd have to hope UT would get the edge considering that we beat them, but it's hard to say.

That's why I prefer my scenario where OU just goes ahead and loses the Bedlam game.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #127
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Tech can outlast OSU, that's really what it'll come down to. The next game in Norman thought will be much tougher to gage for Tech.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #128
LonghornDub

I'd be wary of OSU, BG. They are extremely good at the one sure-fire way to give Tech problems: run the ball consistently. They also have a more physical defense than Texas, at least in the secondary. I would not at all be surprised to see Kendall Hunter with 150+ rushing yards next week and Robinson with another 50+. They also just played a cakewalk game, so they will be a lot more rested and fresh than TExas was.

I also am quite sure there's no way Tech can come out with as much energy next week as they did this week. And that doesn't just apply to the team; that goes for the fans and Lubbock in general as well. I know that's exactly what happened in Austin when we faced Mizzou and OSU back-to-back. The energy level for OSU sucked.

I've got a lot of respect for Tech's team after this Saturday, but this will be a very tough game for the Raiders.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-03-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #129
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I know OSU is tough, they played Texas very hard on the road...that definitely caught my eye. I think they will just barely do enough to hold on to the win vs OSU, just like Texas did. They'll be a little flat from the emotional victory but I think they'll do a good job to stress the importance of not letting the Texas victory be all for nothing. Harrell was already talking about less than 30 minutes after the game...so as long as that stays as a point of emphasis, I think they can squeak out the win. It'll really be a case of just doing enough to get the victory and that'll really make the game in Norman very questionable.

I don't expect the fans to be as amped as they were, but they'll still be up for the game. What else is there really to do, sports/entertainment wise in Lubbock (drink and go to school)...they'll be up for it.

I think Tech will try to do whatever they can to show that it wasn't a fluke win. If that means playing the same style, with the safeties and doing their best to stop the run...they'll try. I think they need to come out early and score quickly, just get the lead in general. They really can't afford to sputter out of the gates.

They clearly did their homework on Texas, I expect the same for OSU...just enough.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-03-2008 at 06:30 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #130
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Oh, I know OSU is tough, they played Texas very hard on the road...that definitely caught my eye. I think they will just barely do enough to hold on to the win vs OSU, just like Texas did. They'll be a little flat from the emotional victory but I think they'll do a good job to stress the importance of not letting the Texas victory be all for nothing. Harrell was already talking about less than 30 minutes after the game...so as long as that stays as a point of emphasis, I think they can squeak out the win. It'll really be a case of just doing enough to get the victory and that'll really make the game in Norman very questionable.

I don't expect the fans to be as amped as they were, but they'll still be up for the game. What else is there really to do, sports/entertainment wise in Lubbock (drink and go to school)...they'll be up for it.

I think Tech will try to do whatever they can to show that it wasn't a fluke win. If that means playing the same style, with the safeties and doing their best to stop the run...they'll try. I think they need to come out early and score quickly, just get the lead in general. They really can't afford to sputter out of the gates.

They clearly did their homework on Texas, I expect the same for OSU...just enough.
It would absolutely behoove Tech to grab an early lead. If you can turn OSU into a one-dimensional passing team, you can beat them. As long as they can stay balanced, though, it'll be tough. Texas is a very one dimensional offensive team. Tech keyed on that and managed to get great pressure on Colt. It won't be so easy if OSU is able to run the ball. They certainly ran all over us...

It really could go either way. Unfortunately (since I like you), I'm sorry to say that I'm going to have to root against your boys this weekend.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #131
BGMaverick9
Guru

Haha, it's all good! I know you and we're cool.

That was one major key for me to see Tech have a successful game: get the lead early. Even if it was 2-0 then 5-0...a lead is a lead, you have to change when you're behind vs being ahead. If we can take away half of the offense from a good team, we're better for it. Tech is going to sling it either way, but you're probably in a state of mild to extreme panic when you're losing vs Tech, especially if their defense is better.

Again, I think being at home is key for Tech. I completely forgot that they're off for a week after this game. I think that makes a fairly substantial difference if they can survive this week. I'm sure Texas would've loved a week off inbetween OSU and Tech. You can say, "yeah...we're rolling, let's keep going." The extra week of prep and especially healing injuries after a major run of tough opponents always helps.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #132
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Tech is average 47 points per game while OSU is average 45 points per game. This could get crazy.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #133
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Tech/OSU should be hella fun to watch.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #134
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Watch the final score be 13-6.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #135
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That Tech offense sure is fun to watch. 3rd and whatever seems to be a pretty automatic situation for them. Every time I flipped back to ABC tonight it was Touch Down Tech.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #136
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Their receivers have velcro hands.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #137
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow. I just saw the Alabama/LSU highlights.

So who's better? Alabama for barely beating the 16th ranked team, or Tech for thumping the #9 ranked team?

Alabama for sure. It's the SEC. Enough said.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-09-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #138
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

the BCS is praying Tech and Alabama keep on winning. All hell is going to break loose if Missouri wins the Big 12 title game.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #139
LonghornDub

Tech is legit. I can't believe I"m saying that, because I never thought it'd happen, but they are very, very good. This is the first year they've had guys on the line of scrimmage who can really dominate, and having a 3rd year starter at QB really helps too.

I have no idea if they'll beat OU in Norman in 2 weeks, but they absolutely could. That offense is unstoppable, and OU will be minus their best pass rusher.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:22 AM   #140
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

This is going to be a long post, FYI. Just warning anyone that may not want to bother starting if it's too long. lol But it's about the current BCS title picture.

First off, congrats to Texas Tech on absolutely destroying Okie Lite. That was a butt whooping of massive proportions, and frankly, I think Tech and Bama should switch rankings, even though it probably won't happen. With Penn State's loss, it looks like the BCS title game will be SEC vs Big 12. That's the easy part. The tough part is determining which two teams.

I'll start with the SEC, because that is much easier to sort out. The SEC championship game will be Alabama vs Florida. Now, just to make things even easier, all my scenarios are running under the assumption that all the teams in question win the games against the lesser teams that I don't talk about. I'm not saying Florida and Alabama or the teams in the Big 12 will all win out against the other teams, but I'm going to say so just for this thread. The winner of this game should make the BCS title game. That takes care of part #1.

Now for the hard part: the Big 12. First off, if Tech beats Oklahoma in two weeks, the race is pretty much done. Tech would be in the Big 12 title game vs Mizzou, barring a disaster against Baylor. But let's say OU wins that game. Then you would have Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech all tied with one loss each. Again, I'm assuming Texas wins out, as per above.

That's only Part A. The week after Tech-OU, you have OU vs OSU. If Oklahoma wins that game, then there is still the three-way tie between one loss teams TT, UT, and OU. They each beat each other, great. So the tiebreaker is the team with the highest BCS ranking. The BCS is all about "what have you done for me lately?" And lately, OU would have beaten both an undefeated Tech team and a solid OSU team. Texas on the other hand, unfortunately had already been a few weeks off the meat of their schedule. IMO, I think OU would be the highest ranked of the three in the BCS.

Now, if OU LOSES to OSU, then that puts OU and OSU at two losses, and knocks them both out. That leaves Texas and Tech at one loss each. And we know what happened last week. Tech wins that scenario. Any which way you look at it, I think Texas' chances are bleak.

This is also running under another assumption: that the Big 12 South winner will beat Missouri in the conference champ game. I don't even want to begin to think of what will happen if Mizzou wins that game. I'll tell you what WILL happen: chaos. That would remind everyone of 2003, when an undefeated Oklahoma team got destroyed by Kansas St. in the Big 12 title game, yet still went to the BCS title game vs LSU. That was all kinds of fucked up. The BCS has to be praying that Tech and Alabama keep on winning.

As for my prediction of what it will be...I think Florida won't stumble again. They are too good, and Alabama might be showing some signs of slowing down. I think Florida will win out and beat Bama in the SEC title game. I also think OU is getting hot, and will win out to play Florida in the BCS title game.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #141
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Please. OU will be lucky to stay within three scores.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:38 AM   #142
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Please. OU will be lucky to stay within three scores.
OU is 59-2 in Norman since Stoops got there. They lost to OSU there in 2001, and to TCU in 2005 (a year in which OU was, to be frank, a bad team). That's it.

Tech could win, but I certainly wouldn't bet on OU getting blown out.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:09 AM   #143
BGMaverick9
Guru

Tech is going to win in Norman. I didn't get to watch the game tonight, only saw the first bit, going to tomorrow but I was glad to see they didn't get phased after the sputtering first drive. I think playing on the road will make a big difference but the bye week is big in their favor. That offense is just firing on all cylinders and the defense is locked in as well. I really want to say Tech can win big b/c they really haven't shown me a reason why they won't but I'm giving OU the respect they deserve, but I think Tech wins by around 13, 14 points.

They won't rest during the week, still a regular dose of practices starting Sunday Night. It'll help getting the guys some time to heal and a LOT of time to zone in on OU's schemes. OU has the week off as well but I just can't see how you can stop Tech's offense right now. Tech has done a very impressive job stopping some high powered offenses in the past few weeks and OU is just another test. I'm not really sure it's the biggest test with the matchup, other than being on the road.

Texas got a major gift today with Penn State losing, I really didn't see that one coming. The tiebreaker for the Big XII is really your BCS ranking? Interesting...
Old 11-09-2008, 03:17 AM   #144
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Say TTU or OU wins out and Texas wins out.

Three teams with 1 loss. Or 2 Teams with 1 loss.

Either way I see Texas being the #2 team in that trio.

Then Tech/OU loses in KC against Mizzou in the BIG 12 championship (Mizzou will have homefield advantage). That would drop them from the national championship picture..v ALA/FLA.

Then we backdoor our way into the MNC. siiiiiiiiiick. I am going to be a big Chase Daniels fan soon.

Last edited by nikeball; 11-09-2008 at 03:18 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:30 AM   #145
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Say TTU or OU wins out and Texas wins out.

Three teams with 1 loss. Or 2 Teams with 1 loss.

Either way I see Texas being the #2 team in that trio.

Then Tech/OU loses in KC against Mizzou in the BIG 12 championship (Mizzou will have homefield advantage). That would drop them from the national championship picture..v ALA/FLA.

Then we backdoor our way into the MNC. siiiiiiiiiick. I am going to be a big Chase Daniels fan soon.
You would think so, but not necessarily, especially if Tech's only loss is the Big 12 championship game. Like I said, the same thing happened in 2003 when Oklahoma entered the Big 12 title game 12-0 (Tech would be 12-0 in the game this year) and lost 35-7 to Kansas State, whose record was 10-3 (6-2 in the Big 12), which is similar to the 10-2 and 6-2 records Missouri could have going into that game. There was a big hooplah five years ago and there could be one this year. BCS haters who aren't fans of the Big 12 are gonna hope Mizzou can cause chaos.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:33 AM   #146
BGMaverick9
Guru

It would definitely take a homefield advantage to give Mizzou a chance, since they struggled vs OSU and got slaughtered by Texas. If it's Tech and Mizzou, then yeah...they really need something big because Tech would be rolling off a TON of momentum.

I agree Texas will be #2 in either situation you look at with those 3 teams.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #147
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
OU is 59-2 in Norman since Stoops got there. They lost to OSU there in 2001, and to TCU in 2005 (a year in which OU was, to be frank, a bad team). That's it.

Tech could win, but I certainly wouldn't bet on OU getting blown out.
OU hasn't faced a team as potent as this Red Raiders bunch. It's easy to roll up 59-2 on patsies!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #148
LonghornDub

Quote:
OU hasn't faced a team as potent as this Red Raiders bunch. It's easy to roll up 59-2 on patsies!
They've faced more than a few non-patsies over the course of 8 years.

And no, it's really not easy. UT has 6 losses at home in that same amount of time. Florida lost at home to a patsy this season. USC lost to a terrible Stanford team at home last season. I don't care who you're playing, 59-2 is ridiculous.

You're definitely right that this is the best team they will have played at home, which is why I said Tech could win. But you're gonna predict a blowout loss for a team who've lost 2 games there in 8 years, by a combined total of 10 points? That's pretty bold. But, I'll certainly give you your due if you're correct...

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #149
chumdawg
Guru

Why are you trying to curb my enthusiasm?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #150
LonghornDub

Quote:
Why are you trying to curb my enthusiasm?
My bad.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #151
BGMaverick9
Guru

Texas is praying for OU to stomp Tech...it's going to be a long two weeks.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #152
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Texas is praying for OU to stomp Tech...it's going to be a long two weeks.
Actually, we're praying for OU to beat Tech by 1 point on a last second field goal, and to look terrible in doing it. Texas needs a three way tie with OU and Tech, but we don't need OU to win by so much that they get a big boost in the polls.

Probably won't happen, though. I think I'd put my money on a close Tech win (right now at least--I may change my mind).

Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #153
mavspwnage
Golden Member

Texas needs Baylor to beat Tech after Tech loses to OU.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #154
Murphy3
Guru

There's no telling what happens if there's a three way tie. Personally, I think Tech ends up 3rd if there's a three way tie. OU will get a boost by having two late season big wins (if they win)....but OSU will have 3 losses if OU beats them, so perhaps that takes away from it just a bit.

It'll be interesting.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #155
LonghornDub

Quote:
There's no telling what happens if there's a three way tie. Personally, I think Tech ends up 3rd if there's a three way tie. OU will get a boost by having two late season big wins (if they win)....but OSU will have 3 losses if OU beats them, so perhaps that takes away from it just a bit.

It'll be interesting.
Tech will absolutely end up 3rd. It's going to end up razor thin between UT and OU, though.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #156
Murphy3
Guru

I suppose it might have helped UT to have TCU choke in the Utah game..
Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #157
LonghornDub

Quote:
I suppose it might have helped UT to have TCU choke in the Utah game..
Definitely. UT also needs Utah to go ahead and win out, because Utah is currently providing a buffer between UT and OU in the computer rankings.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #158
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Doop doop, sic 'em Bears.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #159
LonghornDub

A&M is such a joke. I can't believe the Bears fans rushed the field, though. Rushing the field was appropriate when Baylor beat A&M back in 2004. This time, not so much.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #160
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
A&M is such a joke. I can't believe the Bears fans rushed the field, though. Rushing the field was appropriate when Baylor beat A&M back in 2004. This time, not so much.
It's a rivalry game that we always lose, so I'm sure it was a big deal to the people that were there (I was not, as I am not in the country).

Now we can hope that Bobby Griffin gets another hundred yards on the ground next week to go over 1,000. I smell a Freshman All-America. I don't know why ESPN has not included his Big-XII record game in terms of ypc against Washington State. They say he did not play or accumulate any stats when he ran for 200+ yards and 2 scores.

Also, while yes, A&M is bad, I don't think losing to Baylor is that bad of a thing now. We have a superb freshman quarterback who will only get better, maybe the best linebacker in the conference (Joe Pawelek), and we're only losing Jason Smith and Dwain Crawford for next year. We came within a field goal of Missouri, almost beat Nebraska, and competed well for close to a half against Texas (which is more than what we can usually say, last year notwithstanding). A few breaks and we win 4 Big XII games and go to a bowl. We're honestly not *that* bad. Having to play in the Big XII kinda hurts your pride, is all.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 11-16-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belly aching, colt mccoy, crying, mccoy's gf = very whorish, ou = fail, ou offends this board, sense of entitlement, the humans are dead, this board hates ou