Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #11
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Great win for our beloved Mavs tonight, we went out there and beat a team we were supposed to beat.

The zone defense seemed to disrupt the flow of an explosive blazers offense. We had trouble hitting 3-POINTERS tonight, I kept thinking how many "dagger" opportunities we had, but never the less we held on and answered every blazer run.

Brilliance from Dirk and Terry yet again tonight. GREAT game by Damp's standards. Truly everyone played well, but I was vexed by quite a few plays Wright and Barea made. Boneheaded errors.

GOD BLESS OUR BELOVED DIRK.

Never the less, great win for the Mavs. We just beat a team we were supposed to beat. Let's continue winning on this road trip, Warriors coming up next.

I can sleep easy tonight

I love the recaps Ghazi, but can we stop with the "beating a team we are supposed to beat" stuff? Thunder, Wizards, Grizzlies, yes. Those are all teams we are supposed to beat. Portland (who is ahead of us), on the second night of a b2b in which we played hard the night before, on the road, and against a team with something to fight for; I don't call that a game that we are supposed to win.

Which teams AREN'T we supposed to beat? The Lakers and the Celtics? Is that it?

This was a game in which the Mavs had to fight and play some good solid basketball to keep it going, and good on them for doing it. Lets not belittle a GREAT win with "beating a team we are supposed to beat"

Tags
amoral victory, bringbacktheblackstallion, endofstory-cuzisaidso, hella emo, pitching a maverick tent, self-important much?, win = epic doooooooooom, with your mom