Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2022, 11:45 AM   #81
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last night was also a different game for Green. Pump faking a pass to then shoot a three is not something he does. And driving for a layup late in the game.

Young man...KEEEEP DOING THAT. Do not hesitate to shoot. It would be such a disappointment if he follows this up with a dud on offense which he has in the past. Shoot. Shoot. Shoot.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2022, 12:01 PM   #82
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Call me crazy but I think Kemba is going to excel in limited as the 3rd PG.

Keep him around 12-16 MPG's and that should finally fix the ball handling issues off the bench.

By years end I want to see Green starting or playing 28-30 minutes per night. I know some fans are still down on him but I think he's our best on ball defender now.

I'm not saying this team is better than last years team but if they somehow managed to get a rim protector who knows how much better they can become with a shot blocking presence on floor.

The two guys I think the Mavs could get if they truly wanted to is R.Holmes or Mo Bamba.

I prefer Bamba because he also has a little range.

If they could step into the playoffs with Luka, Dinwiddie, Green, Wood and Bamba that could make some noise.
I think DFS is getting lost here on best on ball defender. Best and most active overall defender, that's Green for sure. But his lone weakness on defense has been 1-1 man and even that's not horrible. If he can shore that up, he's one of the best defenders in the league.

I'm all for a big man trade and shake up, just don't see the Mavs FO doing it. They love Powell and Maxi too much and have committed to Wood and McGee otherwise. Of course, assuming one of those 4 wouldn't be included in such a trade.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:04 PM   #83
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Welp, Wood definitely didn't help his starting case as the current staff will lean on it. Not saying it's right as you can't point to one game, but I wouldn't put it past Kidd.

Also, calling up Hardy AND having Dinwiddie tossed, then getting ZERO minutes is FO malpractice. I'm growing a little concerned about the obvious disconnect between the FO and Kidd. From promising McGee a starting role, trading for Wood and not seeming to be on the same page regarding his role, the handling of Hardy, etc.

Gotta figure it out ASAP -- and fuck Kidd if he doesn't want to hear questions about the lineup. Keep firing away, media.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:17 PM   #84
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Welp, Wood definitely didn't help his starting case as the current staff will lean on it. Not saying it's right as you can't point to one game, but I wouldn't put it past Kidd.
Well the bad Wood game gets shot down by THJ's quote after the game saying it was a relief that they put him in the starting lineup to give him that confidence. Meanwhile, they are doing everything possible to kill Wood's confidence and never starting him.

So perplexing.

You know, I never hated Rick. Disagreed with a lot of his lineups and thought it was time for a younger coach to guide Luka (which didn't happen). But I'm really growing to hate Kidd.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:12 PM   #85
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well the bad Wood game gets shot down by THJ's quote after the game saying it was a relief that they put him in the starting lineup to give him that confidence. Meanwhile, they are doing everything possible to kill Wood's confidence and never starting him.

So perplexing.

You know, I never hated Rick. Disagreed with a lot of his lineups and thought it was time for a younger coach to guide Luka (which didn't happen). But I'm really growing to hate Kidd.
I think Kidd has helped Luka in some ways where Carlisle couldn't. But, that's not an endorsement for what's occurred this season. I do agree with your assessment now that I saw Tim's quote and pretty obvious what that can do for a player. The Wood situation is just bizarre. My only guess is the defense is that bad and he's not making an effort, I've just seen otherwise from a fan's perspective.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #86
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I think Kidd has helped Luka in some ways where Carlisle couldn't. But, that's not an endorsement for what's occurred this season. I do agree with your assessment now that I saw Tim's quote and pretty obvious what that can do for a player. The Wood situation is just bizarre. My only guess is the defense is that bad and he's not making an effort, I've just seen otherwise from a fan's perspective.
It's just a simple fact that Wood is better than Dwight Powell under every metric...including defense. Wood isn't good, but Powell is allowing something like 73% at the rim (in that Bowe article I posted).

So there is basically some kinda of locker room war going on right now, and that could be a real drag as the season goes on. Whatever great locker we had last season is definitely gone. If Wood is a part of it, then fine, he can take part of the blame. But not obviously starting him when he is our best big man would turn anyone nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-30-2022, 04:15 PM   #87
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think DFS is getting lost here on best on ball defender. Best and most active overall defender, that's Green for sure. But his lone weakness on defense has been 1-1 man and even that's not horrible. If he can shore that up, he's one of the best defenders in the league.

I'm all for a big man trade and shake up, just don't see the Mavs FO doing it. They love Powell and Maxi too much and have committed to Wood and McGee otherwise. Of course, assuming one of those 4 wouldn't be included in such a trade.
Dfs used to be our best defender/on ball defender. Green is who I'm mixing in on SGs . He and DFS are a decent combo to throw at SGs and Curry type pgs. Dfs has been blow by so many times this season its sad to watch. He's dropped off the good defender list far as I'm concerned.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #88
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Is there any question Wood is gone next season? And the sad thing is we'll strike out in free agency and be unable to replace him.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:25 PM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Is there any question Wood is gone next season? And the sad thing is we'll strike out in free agency and be unable to replace him.
Free agency? We?re over the cap
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #90
saclare
Platinum Member

Look, if the alternative (which is extremely plausible) is that Wood is a part of/the problem, then you trade him for other assets since you don't have any. There's still plenty of time to figure it all out. It certainly would be upsetting if it didn't work with Wood, but losing him for nothing a la Brunson would be worse.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #91
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dfs used to be our best defender/on ball defender. Green is who I'm mixing in on SGs . He and DFS are a decent combo to throw at SGs and Curry type pgs. Dfs has been blow by so many times this season its sad to watch. He's dropped off the good defender list far as I'm concerned.
I haven't seen it the same but its not worth digging in either way for us. Let's just hope that Green earns a starting role and he and DFS become a badass defensive duo to pair with Luka and Wood in the SL.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #92
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I haven't seen it the same but its not worth digging in either way for us. Let's just hope that Green earns a starting role and he and DFS become a badass defensive duo to pair with Luka and Wood in the SL.
I agree. I don't think Dfs is bad, he just seems to not be locked in yet. I think if his shot starts falling more, it might amp him up.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote