Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-13-2006, 04:45 AM   #1
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Another new member.

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been searching for a good & active Mavs board on-line to no avail for a while now, and thought I'd give this one a try.

Grew up in East Dallas. Wasn't much of a Mavs fan until I started college (2000) because I was too young in the so-called glory days, and well-they sucked ass in the '90s. Also because there's a great enclave of Mavs fans up here in Denton (due in no small part to $1 pints during the games). So somewhere over the last 5 years I became a Mavs fan, but could never find a home on-line.

That may be TMI, dunno. My Cowboys boards are very tight knit groups, and so I felt a more detailed introduction was necessary.

Rambling aside, hello everyone.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. Welcome to the board.

Please leave the General Mavs Discussion Forum to Maverick Basketball related threads only. The Lounge is where this type of thread would belong.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. We shall call you EDC...hope yo udon't mind.

Watch out for murphy. He just got out of prison and discovered internet stalking as "therapy".

Enjoy the site.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

We're not 'tight nit' here at all. Actually, quite the opposite and I plan on keeping it that way. First off, do not bring in any of your family values things onto this site. This board has survived long enough without caring a damn about one another or anything else like that or somesuch. Watch out for Doc Bio. He's likely to steal your ideas and use them in his 'location' under his avatar. Yeah, like you came up with the term 'mod skirt'.

Where do you get the dollar pints? It's not that I drink personally, but it's for a friend... a friend of mine drinks...yeah, that's it.

Anyways, welcome aboard. Watch your back or you'll have a knife sticking out of it from someone stabbing you in the back. If you don't watch your back, you'll have another stabbing sensation after Doc gets through with you.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

Lucky Lou's has $1 domestic pints during every Mav's games, along with $2 double rum and cokes from 9-11pm every night. I think Riprocks does the $1 beers too, but Lou's has the better TV and is where most of the Mavs folks hang out.

And they call me EDC at the other boards as well, so that's fine with me
Old 02-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a long time since I went to Lucky Lou's... Alot of the places that I hung out at in Denton 5 years ago or so are closed down..... Gooey Looey's is now some type of buffet. Rockin R is...no telling. The Groovey Mule is ... no longer the Groovey Mule. I Eta Pye is shut down... Rick's on University is now Texadelphia or somesuch (whatever it is, it's very mediocre). I don't think that The State Club is open any longer...but, The Tomato is still genius when it comes to making the best pizza that I've ever eaten. Hell, the swimming pool at the apartment complex where I used to live isn't even there...It's now just more parking spaces.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Watch out....murph has his line out for another victim.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

welcome.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #9
EastDallasCowboy

Groovey Mule has gone through a couple incarnations and now does amateur wrestling weekends, from what I hear.

State Club closed about 2 years ago.

Ya, all those places but the Tomato are gone. And between you and me, I find the Tomato to be mediocre.

Lou's is pretty much the place to go in Denton now, unless you're a frat rat or want to see a show (in which case The Inferno [once Rick's place] and the Delta Lodge are the places to go on Fry St).
Old 02-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

I never liked Rick's Place on Fry.
And no, the Tomato's not mediocre. I should have you removed from the board for that. Actually, about 15 years ago, Fry Street was one of the best places to hang out....period. Now, it's nothing.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I should have you removed from the board for that.
It has been a while since a newb went down in flames hasn't it?

Last edited by Drbio; 02-14-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:38 AM   #12
EastDallasCowboy

Rick's place used to have some great shows, along with some nice drink specials. It was the last decent club in Denton until recently, when Haileys started booking some good shows. Rubbergloves would have a decent band once in a blue moon, but they were just that-rare.

If you want to have me removed for admitting the Tomato's medicority, feel free. My guess is, based upon the Denton locations you mentioned in previous posts your love for the Tomato is based more on nostalgia than anything.

Then again, most of that is nostalgia. 15 years ago Fry St. may have been the best place to hang out. Is it not now? Well considering your age, along with it's change I don't doubt you feel that way. But unless you've actually been to Fry St. recently, and are willing to remove the nostalgic conceptions of what once was, I have a hard time taking that opinion horribly seriously.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

No, my love for the Tomato isn't based on nostalgia. It's a great place for pizza. But you're right, I haven't been down to Fry Street in .... well, 4-5 months. So yeah, alot might have changed since then.

And yeah, I am rather old. Being in your 20's is a bitch. As for saying that alot of places have closed down...well, that's just the way Denton is now. For some reason, it hasn't been able to support much as far as night life is concerned. It's been that way for quite awhile. It was that way when I was in college up there. Hell, whatever the Groovey Mule is now is at least the 3-4th different thing it's been since I started college.