Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #41
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Nice, Heat lose

How'd Posey pick up the T while on the bench?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #42
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Miami is set up to never have HCA throughout the playoffs.
Actually, Miami is set up not to make it to round two.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #43
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I didn't see any of these but Hinrich had like 4 fouls in 6 minutes? Wow, probably because everyones been saying he's the Wade stopper for the Bulls. When I saw that I was pretty sure it was going to be a Heat victory. Nice win by Chicago though, they will tear the Heat apart, I don't care what the experts say.

And I still hate Vince Carter... he choked throughout the entire game which was nice, but in the end the Raps still couldn't get it done. I'll be pissed if the Nets win the series.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #44
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I didn't watch any of these games, I'm looking forward to watching Rox-Jazz and tomorrow's games.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #45
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

this bulls team is built for the playoffs. if they could have secured the #2 seed, they would have been a lock to get to the conference finals. the series with detroit is going to be a really physical and intense series. i think chicago is the most intriguing storyline in the east.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So did snack just call out a ref by naming one? If stern wants to do something about this kinda crap, he's suspend someone for it and that would stop it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:19 PM   #47
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

What was Shaq complaining about? Of all the fouls that was called on him, none of them seemed out of line.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #48
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few beach balls Shaq lobbed out there:

Quote:
"My intention was to come out and be myself, until Eddie Rush derailed me," O'Neal said after fouling out.
Quote:
He accused the Bulls of flopping and said they had "lot of help out there."

"It's just unfortunate that people fall for that," said O'Neal, who scored 10 points in the first quarter before the fouls piled up. "I'm used to just outplaying somebody and just playing hard, but I guess that's what you got to do to stop Shaq."
Quote:
"I thought I was just standing there," O'Neal said. "Even if I did have part of the back of my foot on the line, they couldn't make the call watching two things at once. The inconsistency is just very frustrating."

I don't understand ANY of his complaints there.. for one thing, he is probably the most floptacular center in the league right now, playing with a licensed-to-kill flopping agent named Wade, Dwyane Wade, and his biggest complaint is that a foul was called on him that was actually a foul.

003: Licensed to flop.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

On his point #3, it should be very easy for a professional referee to see those two things "at once."

Oh, well. Just goes to show what I've always said...there is no conspiracy in the officiating. EVERYONE thinks they get screwed.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #50
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

it'll be interesting to see how much of a fine shaq receives.

i know i'm not the only that finds this ironic..heat fans and players complaining about refs? bahahah

for all the crap that shaq talks about guys flopping against him, he should really get a jumpshot or learn how to play so that guys can't flop and he can still be effective.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #51
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq is upset that his "elbow to the face" defense didn't work today.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #52
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

The three point play Wade got with under two minutes to play to bring the Heat to within 3, rekindled all of the ire I felt in the Finals last year. From the replays I watched, I could not see any contact. My first thought was, 'Oh no! the phantom calls are back!' Fortunately, the Bulls played through and won despite the surges.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #53
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I saw a Pat Riley interview after the game and he was saying that some of Shaq's complaints were about being called for blocking fouls when he thought he had taken the charge. His heel was clearly in the circle and Riley's argument was that they were "penalizing him for having size 22 feet." Since when does a 300+ pound center take charges and get the call? I donno what he's so upset about, he should've just blocked or altered the shot.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 AM   #54
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh...so it's not snack's fault that his feet were in the restrictred zone, they are just too big.

I only saw one charge, and it was an obvious one where he moved to the right. At first the announcers started whining about the call but then someone straightened them out and they all agreed it was.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #55
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

You know, the Wizards are actually hanging in there. The Cavs aren't playing hard at all, but still the Wiz is keepin it within reach.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #56
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Bron Bron came down and rolled his left ankle....this could turn out to be a much more interesting series than originally thought.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #57
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Man the East SUCKS
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #58
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

lol weren't the the heat and the heat fans the ones last year calling the mavs and mavs fans whiners 'cause we complained about the refs? now they do it and it's ok...

I have to say, having shaq foul out and dwade with 5, you would have to say that they were being screwed for once but if you look at the stats, both teams had like 27 foul shot attempts so it was even. with the mavs/heat in the finals it was so lopsided like 50 foul shots for the heat and 20 for the mavs.

anywho, i was laughing so hard when shaq fouled out. i hate what he has turned into these days. I miss the shaq of old in the early laker days and the orlando days. now he's just a whiney bitch who flops just like dwade and the rest of the heat...
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #59
dude1394
Guru

Man having the mavs losed the first game makes it much harder to enjoy seeing miami getting beat. Dammit..
Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #60
dude1394
Guru

Nah...still gotta love it. Getting their butts kicked pretty good too.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #61
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

I wish the refs would have reffed Wade like this in the Finals last year... I'm sorry but I'm never going to get over that ****.....
Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #62
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
I wish the refs would have reffed Wade like this in the Finals last year... I'm sorry but I'm never going to get over that ****.....
Yeah, I've been thinking that the whole time I've been watching them.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #63
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

the flagrant foul call on Posey was the least flagrant flagrant foul I've ever seen -- there was far less contact laid on Posey than on D-Harris Sunday night.

Go bulls....I really like the way that team plays--effortwise I mean.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #64
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice
Default aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhh

caption?

I MADE A THREE-POINTER!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #65
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Anyone watching the Miami/Chicago game tonight?

Chicago on a mini run
Old 04-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #66
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone see JKidd's line tonight in the Nets win over the Raptors? Sure, Vince had 37 on some ridiculously hot shooting, but JKidd scored 16 points on 50% shooting from the floor, and then added 19 assists (impressive) and 16 REBOUNDS! If that man could've shot the basketball, he'd have had an absolutely legendary career, instead of just a HOF career.

Last edited by 4cwebb; 04-27-2007 at 09:08 PM.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #67
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not watching the Bulls/Heat at the moment, but if Chicago doesn't take this opportunity to steal this 3rd game in the 4th quarter, I think they come back to Chicago tied 2-2, and probably don't win the series. They need this 3rd game against the Heat, and being down only 4 going into the 4th quarter gives them the perfect chance to steal it if they step up and make plays.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #68
Henry_VIII

Bulls are playing well right now.

Of course, Antoine putting the ball in the wrong basket isn't helping the Heat cause :-)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #69
Henry_VIII

Ben Wallace is such a good rebounder, he can lay on his back and pull one down
Old 04-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #70
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

The Heat has a new motto. If you cant beat em, Hurt em. Dang Gordon almost died twice. Took one from Shaq, and now Posey. Where the F did the White Hot Heat go? Hahahaha Suckas

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #71
Henry_VIII

3 point game with under 2 minutes to play

Go Bulls!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #72
a.weidner

a.weidner has a spectacular aura abouta.weidner has a spectacular aura about

I wanted to meet the Heat in the finals, but since it's pretty obvious they won't make it that far anyways, I'm hoping for a first round sweep.
The Heat were shooting 43.8% from the line at one point. My goodness. What a disgrace. Why did we have to lose against these punks?
It's amazing how Wade flops on every other jumper. He's getting a clean shot off, then just falls down like a stone, with no contact at all. What a joke.
Oh, and I like that Chicago team quite a bit.
Go Bulls!
a.weidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #73
4cwebb
Golden Member

justice...Walker drew a b.s. charge on Gordon a few second ago, and now Nocioni gets one back on Walker trying to drive to the basket.

18 seconds left, Chicago up 5 with Deng going to the line for 2 shots. And Walker picked up a flagrant foul. Barring a miracle, Heat will be down 3-0 very, very shortly.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #74
Henry_VIII

Game over!! Bulls up 3-0 on Miami.. oh yeah!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #75
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Sweep the Heat already! On their own floor! hahaha

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:13 AM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Orlando Mag...Magi...what are they called?

Anyway, they could sweep the Mavs right now
Old 04-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #77
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The Heat have been swept.

Now the Mavs just have to cap off the day with a marvelous win and it's all good in the world again.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #78
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Nets by 32. Booooooring.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #79
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Well, Cleveland swept Washington.

As far as I can tell, the 2nd round in the East is just like the West's 2nd round last year in that the two best teams are playing each other early. Whoever wins the Chicago-Detroit series will murder the winner of the Cleveland-NJ/Toronto series.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #80
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice

wow, Raptors are sizzling back in Toronto! 33-13 after one quarter.