Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #41
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
You know how you develop projects? You play them! Especially on a depleted team. You think George Hill and Blair got so good by sitting on the bench?
Like I said, it would be a much worse sign if the game played out as it did and Jones didn't get any minutes. It will have to be something that is monitored on a day-to-day basis. Carlisle easily could have rolled Barea out there to finish the game out but he didn't.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #42
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, Pop said playing the Mavs without Dirk is "worthless and a waste of time." He said he would have rather "been at home eating dinner." Funny stuff.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #43
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Like I said, it would be a much worse sign if the game played out as it did and Jones didn't get any minutes. It will have to be something that is monitored on a day-to-day basis. Carlisle easily could have rolled Barea out there to finish the game out but he didn't.
So we should extol him for not being completely stubborn and idiotic and instead of 90% stubborn and idiotic?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #44
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How insightful!
lol..

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-14-2011 at 11:57 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So we should extol him for not being completely stubborn and idiotic and instead of 90% stubborn and idiotic?
You can do whatever you want with him, I'm just stating a point. When he came back up from Frisco, he gave him minutes. Recently (I think it was the Orlando game, maybe Oklahoma City), Carlisle gave him minutes again and he wasn't happy with what he saw so he got the quick hook. It's not like Carlisle has totally washed his hands of Jones.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #46
CadBane
Banned

Maybe you can use your superior credentials to ask him why he thinks Ian can't play the 4...
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #47
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Maybe you can use your superior credentials to ask him why he thinks Ian can't play the 4...
Why would it matter? You have already said that you don't read my work. And you're the one that's mocking the work that I do...I haven't done anything but try to give information to people. Anyways, that question has been answered already.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-15-2011 at 12:10 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:24 AM   #48
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Haha, Pop said playing the Mavs without Dirk is "worthless and a waste of time." He said he would have rather "been at home eating dinner." Funny stuff.
link?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #49
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
Carlisle easily could have rolled Barea out there to finish the game out but he didn't.
Barea was on the floor with him running point.

The only other options would have been Kidd, Terry, Stevenson... and playing them in garbage time wouldn't make any sense.

I don't think we should take it as a good sign that Carlisle was willing to put Dojo out there in garbage time.

Hopefully though his performance tonight may earn him some more minutes, because the Mavs are pretty desperate.

The best thing about DoJo tonight was that he was effective against the Spurs starters for the couple of minutes he got earlier in the game in addition to being completely dominant against their scrubs.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #50
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

I almost can't be mad at Terry tonight for how terrible he was. The guy was trying like crazy, maybe he was almost trying too hard and that was the problem... but he really had no choice. The Mavs are just a terrible, terrible team without Dirk and he knows it.

I'm really not feeling very good about them even when Dirk comes back at this point.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear that Terry in particular is affected by the loss of Dirk. Without Dirk, Terry is just terrible.

No excuse for Dojo and Ian not getting more minutes.

Dojo: 13/3/2/2 steals, 0 turnovers, +5 in 13 minutes.

Tell me why he couldn't have gotten some of Terry's minutes?

Ian: 7/4 on 3/4 shooting in 11 minutes.

Why is Lex playing over him? There's absolutely no reason Ian can't play some 4 either.
Don't get carried away...Dojo/Ian were playing against the spurs spares...thinking that would translate against the spurs top 5 is delusional.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #52
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, but when you're losing by 20 points in the third quarter, it's garbage time too. And no one did sh** then. Not to mention it's hard to produce in minutes you aren't given. All you can do is produce when you play, and that's what both of them have done.
Ah bullcrap...20 point leads aren't the end of the world in the nba.. good grief...why don't the mavs just forefeit all of the games until dirk gets back instead of trying to win them.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #53
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I'm really not feeling very good about them even when Dirk comes back at this point.
Getting Dirk in foul trouble as soon as possible will be the first priority by any team in any game once he gets back, knowing that the rest of the team has lost all confidence in winning a game without him on the floor over the past 9 games. Unless we find a major replacement for Butler before the trade deadline, this year's postseason will end for the Mavs with a quick second-round exit, at best.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #54
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I'm not doubting it happened. He's a kid, I'm sure he's messed up in practice, and will continue to. I still think he should be getting more minutes. I, and everyone else here, is more than aware of what the coaching opinion obviously is. Doesn't mean I/we agree with it. Just like I don't agree with the idea that Ian can't play the 4.
this is about the first game he looked decent to me, in time when the spurs were playing guys just as bad and as inexperienced as he is, splitter for instance. Even then it showed that he still cannot shoot worth a crap and if duncan had been in there, there would probably be a different outcome of his stuff.

I liked seeing a little teardrop out of him because if he can't learn to make that he probably won't play in this league. Bug good grief, the delusion continues thinking that the kids are going to magically turn anything around. They aren't. They can be useful in stretches with a full team around them, but as soon as dojo is put into the starting lineup...we'll finally see how much of a rookie he is.

But we'll still have folks thinking he should be starting and if he does, make much of a difference.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #55
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Fine...I'll play along.

At the first practice with Sasha, low-minute guys (Ian, Lex, Jones and now Sasha) worked on offensive plays and practice stopped on multiple occasions due to Jones' mistakes...
BG...how can you think your insight can compare with cadbanes eerie sixth sense. I mean cadbane is obviously sitting in on the coaches meeting when they are evaluating the players. All of the coaches are telling RC that dojo is the greatest thing since sliced bread but he just won't listen.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
You know how you develop projects? You play them! Especially on a depleted team. You think George Hill and Blair got so good by sitting on the bench?
You know how you lose games...you play projects...George Hill and Blair got good by being good... You know if dojo could...like shoot...he might get more minutes. But barrelling into the lane hoping for a college bailout call doesn't cut it in the nba.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #57
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Pop is one funny sob...but his commentary on the team should tell cubes quite a bit..
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Why would it matter? You have already said that you don't read my work. And you're the one that's mocking the work that I do...I haven't done anything but try to give information to people. Anyways, that question has been answered already.
BG...it's really not worth your time to engage with cadbanes rhetoric... As you say he doesn't respect much of anything...you probably shouldn't play along...it kind of sinks you down in his sty.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #59
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
You know how you lose games...you play projects...George Hill and Blair got good by being good... You know if dojo could...like shoot...he might get more minutes. But barrelling into the lane hoping for a college bailout call doesn't cut it in the nba.
False.

George Hill's rookie year, he was indeed a project. Guy averaged 6/2/2 on 40/33/78 shooting. Yet he still played 77 games and got 16 minutes a night. Your telling me out of the gates he was a crucial cog in that team? No sir, he was not! But Pop gave him a chance, let him play through mistakes, gave him time consistently which molded him into a crucial cog in that team that whooped our ass last year.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #60
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Ah bullcrap...20 point leads aren't the end of the world in the nba.. good grief...why don't the mavs just forefeit all of the games until dirk gets back instead of trying to win them.
Okay. You think THIS Mavs team is coming back from a 20 point hole at SA? No, THAT is bullcrap.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #61
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
this is about the first game he looked decent to me, in time when the spurs were playing guys just as bad and as inexperienced as he is, splitter for instance. Even then it showed that he still cannot shoot worth a crap and if duncan had been in there, there would probably be a different outcome of his stuff.

I liked seeing a little teardrop out of him because if he can't learn to make that he probably won't play in this league. Bug good grief, the delusion continues thinking that the kids are going to magically turn anything around. They aren't. They can be useful in stretches with a full team around them, but as soon as dojo is put into the starting lineup...we'll finally see how much of a rookie he is.

But we'll still have folks thinking he should be starting and if he does, make much of a difference.
NO ONE is asking for Dojo to start. People are just asking for him to get a consistent ten minutes a night on a team with NO SG playing above the D-League level as it is. It's called developing your players.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #62
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
False.

George Hill's rookie year, he was indeed a project. Guy averaged 6/2/2 on 40/33/78 shooting. Yet he still played 77 games and got 16 minutes a night. Your telling me out of the gates he was a crucial cog in that team? No sir, he was not! But Pop gave him a chance, let him play through mistakes, gave him time consistently which molded him into a crucial cog in that team that whooped our ass last year.
Hill had 1 really good skill already, he was extremely quick and had a really good mid range game plus a good finisher, plus is a very good defender.

Dojo doesn't have 1 really good NBA skill yet, his best skill is getting to the rim but that is off set by struggling to finish
Old 01-15-2011, 01:27 AM   #63
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Don't get carried away...Dojo/Ian were playing against the spurs spares...thinking that would translate against the spurs top 5 is delusional.
Ian has already proven on more than one occasion that he can play and produce against starting lineup caliber players. RC's refusal to play him at the 4 at all is flat out stubborn.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #64
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Hill had 1 really good skill already, he was extremely quick and had a really good mid range game plus a good finisher, plus is a very good defender.

Dojo doesn't have 1 really good NBA skill yet, his best skill is getting to the rim but that is off set by struggling to finish
Again, Hill wasn't doing ANY of those things particularly well his rookie year, yet he still got minutes. And DoJo is a good defender.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #65
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Okay. You think THIS Mavs team is coming back from a 20 point hole at SA? No, THAT is bullcrap.
That doesn't mean crap, if you are going to do that, there is a good chance you will be hurting confidence, to pull anyone out in the third quarter no matter the score shows you don't believe in them
Old 01-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #66
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
False.

WRONG again...Just look at what you posted... 40/33/78 shooting versus dojos...
28/0.0/82% shooting... Tell me where exactly this guys' going to help?

Getting to the ft line...bullcrap...not against real competition, we've seen it.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #67
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Again, Hill wasn't doing ANY of those things particularly well his rookie year, yet he still got minutes. And DoJo is a good defender.
Dojo is a decent defender, and yes Hill was a great defender as a rookie and a good mid range shooter, plus they had no backup point so they were forced to play him the difference is the mavs have 2 guards
Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 AM   #68
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
so if you were coach..you'd just roll out the white flag as soon as they get down 10 right? What a bunch of bullcrap...you don't have a clue when/if/ever this team might pull one out...if they can get a win, it's a good...

you know they still play to try and win...
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #69
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
NO ONE is asking for Dojo to start. People are just asking for him to get a consistent ten minutes a night on a team with NO SG playing above the D-League level as it is. It's called developing your players.
it's not called developing your players, it's called throwing in the towel. It's what you do when you are cleveland.. And just like folks yakking for ajinca to play, he's not very good.

Last edited by dude1394; 01-15-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #70
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
WRONG again...Just look at what you posted... 40/33/78 shooting versus dojos...
28/0.0/82% shooting... Tell me where exactly this guys' going to help?

Getting to the ft line...bullcrap...not against real competition, we've seen it.
And is DoJo playing 77 games at 16 minutes a game!? Obviously when you only get spot minutes every 6th game, your stats will suck. It's not complicated. The point is Pop let Hill CONSISTENTLY PLAY through his struggles.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #71
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Ian has already proven on more than one occasion that he can play and produce against starting lineup caliber players. RC's refusal to play him at the 4 at all is flat out stubborn.
Yea.yea.yea...that's why pop let him go, because he couldn't play the 4 with timmah..The dudes a scrub...face it...all of the teams 10th-12th guys are scrubs...They are practice bodies that you hope will grow into something.

Everyone was yakking for ajinca to get in there, he does and sucks...now it's dojo, next ian...and of course ian should be playing the 4 because it hasn't been done yet and everyone is yakking about trying any and everything that hasn't been tried yet because they don't know what they are talking about.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #72
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
it's not called developing your players, it's called throwing in the towel. It's what you do when you are cleveland.. And just like folks yakking for ajinca to play, he's not very good.
You sure about that, Chief?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2011010418

"Perhaps looking toward a big one in Boston, Gregg Popovich pulled Tim Duncan(notes), Manu Ginobili(notes) and Tony Parker(notes) with more than three minutes on the clock and a manageable margin on the scoreboard."

“They were more aggressive. They were more physical. They were hungrier than we were,” Popovich said.

“If we score 115 points, I expect to win. Our defense was pathetic. It was our worst defense of the year. They went after the game and they got it. Nothing else tricky about it.”

NBA teams have started at least 30-4 nine times, but the Spurs gave up hope of that with a little more than 3 minutes left, when Popovich yanked his Big Three after one last Knicks flurry made it a double-digit lead again.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #73
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Dojo is a young, pretty stupid defender is what he is..
Old 01-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #74
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Yea.yea.yea...that's why pop let him go, because he couldn't play the 4 with timmah..The dudes a scrub...face it...all of the teams 10th-12th guys are scrubs...They are practice bodies that you hope will grow into something.

Everyone was yakking for ajinca to get in there, he does and sucks...now it's dojo, next ian...and of course ian should be playing the 4 because it hasn't been done yet and everyone is yakking about trying any and everything that hasn't been tried yet because they don't know what they are talking about.
Bullshit. Barely anyone was begging for Ajinca to get more minutes. You haven't got a clue what a "scrub" is. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #75
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
And is DoJo playing 77 games at 16 minutes a game!? Obviously when you only get spot minutes every 6th game, your stats will suck. It's not complicated. The point is Pop let Hill CONSISTENTLY PLAY through his struggles.
NO hardhead...he CANNOT SHOOT!!! Read this again... he CANNOT SHOOT!!! He's NEVER been able to shoot...I don't care how many minutes he gets...he CANNOT SHOOT!!..

He may be able to one day...

If he COULD SHOOT..he'd be getting minutes but since he cannot, he is not. He doesn't finish worth a crap either to be honest. He was somewhat decent tonight against splitter...but I expect everyone is.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #76
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Dojo is a young, pretty stupid defender is what he is..
Right. Ian is a scrub. Dojo shouldn't play at all. George Hill and DeJuan Blair are scrubs. Jefferson is a scrub. Somehow scrubs whoop our ass. RC is infallible. RC has never mismanaged Roddy. Whatever you want to believe. I'm not wasting anymore time on someone chained to their delusions like Atlas and his globe.

Last edited by CadBane; 01-15-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #77
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
You sure about that, Chief?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2011010418

"Perhaps looking toward a big one in Boston, Gregg Popovich pulled Tim Duncan(notes), Manu Ginobili(notes) and Tony Parker(notes) with more than three minutes on the clock and a manageable margin on the scoreboard."

“They were more aggressive. They were more physical. They were hungrier than we were,” Popovich said.

“If we score 115 points, I expect to win. Our defense was pathetic. It was our worst defense of the year. They went after the game and they got it. Nothing else tricky about it.”

NBA teams have started at least 30-4 nine times, but the Spurs gave up hope of that with a little more than 3 minutes left, when Popovich yanked his Big Three after one last Knicks flurry made it a double-digit lead again.
Get back to me when this bunch of mavs score 115 points. Comparing something pops does to motivate this team with what RC is having to deal with is asinine... Chief.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #78
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
NO hardhead...he CANNOT SHOOT!!! Read this again... he CANNOT SHOOT!!! He's NEVER been able to shoot...I don't care how many minutes he gets...he CANNOT SHOOT!!..

He may be able to one day...

If he COULD SHOOT..he'd be getting minutes but since he cannot, he is not. He doesn't finish worth a crap either to be honest. He was somewhat decent tonight against splitter...but I expect everyone is.

WHERE did I say he could shoot?????????

Show me, go ahead.

I said he SHOULD be getting consistent minutes (at least 5-10 a game). I said his fg% is lower than it should be because of the sporadic lack of PT.

George Hill couldn't shoot his rookie year either. It was a knock on his game. But Pop let him play through it and improve.

Don't make up things.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #79
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Bullshit. Barely anyone was begging for Ajinca to get more minutes. You haven't got a clue what a "scrub" is. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
Sorry chief...plenty of folks have been clamboring for the bottom of the bench to be playing. Play big, don't play the 3guard lineup, etc.,etc.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:45 AM   #80
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Get back to me when this bunch of mavs score 115 points. Comparing something pops does to motivate this team with what RC is having to deal with is asinine... Chief.

Hahahaha. Wow. Just wow.

Tags
cadban making friends, cadbaneisarhetoricjunkie, ignorantlemmings, return of the quack!, shiavo>ud, shiavo? how current!, whaaabane vs the world