Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-14-2003, 10:56 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

find and end posting on this board?

My story:

I was a consistant lurker, and occasional poster over at the LMF board. That board, which had a number of terrific posters on it was largely ruined by some guy named RealClipsFan (never heard of him). Anyway, I was unemployed at about the same time, and spent a lot of time on the internet. Through some search or another I ended up on this site.

How did ya'll end up here. Internet search, another board, friend, etc....

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2003, 11:11 PM   #2
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I stumbled on Mavtalk looking for more information on the Mavs. Who knew such forums existed?! I was there a couple/few months when dj invited me to visit this site. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I lurked for a while, then got up the nerve to start posting. (When I decided Murphy3 wouldn't devour me) I found that it was a very friendly place. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to encourage all lurkers to post!! (Just take it in stride and bite back if someone barks at you) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

funnily enough, my story is exactly as above.
right down to the part about lurking for
ages because I was scared of Murph.

actually, that's a lie.
I was never "invited"
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I was invited here from SportsTalk along with several other "grey beards".
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I wasn't invited either (that doesn't seem to stop me). I also was lurking at Mavstalk and read a post about how D-M.com was so much better (true, so true). I lurked a little and after drinking about 5 or 6 beers one night I decided to post.

I was never afraid of Murphy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:23 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't remember, but all I know is I started reading the board right before some whack-ass named LAM0015 suddenly disappeared, and was soon replaced with a self-aggrandizing nun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think I may have found the link from dallasbasketball.com... anyway, that was like March '01, but I never posted. Summer of '01 I went to summer school and had a sickening amount of free time, so I started throwing down huge nuggets of wisdom on scarce occasions.. and now I just offer up meandering gibberish.

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:47 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Man, it's been so long I'm not exactly sure.

Like those above, I was either posting at LMF or lurking at Mavtalk and saw a link to this site.

The rest is history. Best board on the web for talking Mavs basketball.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #8
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

You can thank MadApe for my existence here. He came over my place to pick me up before the Mavs played the NJNets on Labor day or memorial day (I get them confused) a year or more ago and pulled this site up on my computer while i was getting ready. Been posting ever since.

BLG
Old 01-15-2003, 01:51 AM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I was just surfing looking for a Mavs fix. Found the board here and thought I might fit in with all the weirdo's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I lurked for a few days and then started posting away. By the time I found out everyone here wasn't a weirdo, it was too late, I was hooked. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I wasn't invited to join either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But at least I haven't been invited to leave. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< But at least I haven't been invited to leave. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] >>

LRB, I like to see that you look on the bright side of things. Anytime you need to feel welcome to leave, just let me know.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:29 AM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] i misread that line! Never mind the connection between what I said and what you said, there is none.

But I'll stand by my promise just the same. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(is that weird enough for you?)
Old 01-15-2003, 09:43 AM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I Googled up this site last year a little while before the trade deadline as I started hearing rumors of Mavs trade possibilities.

I tried following the NYKs for a while via the NYTimes site, but while NYKsball got suckier and suckier, and the team got lousier and lousier, and the denial on that site got all out of proportion...Mavsball got better and better, excitinger and excitinger, and the Finley-Nash-Nowitzki story became one of the best in the league.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:47 AM   #13
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< ...Mavsball got ... excitinger and excitinger... >>

that's a good way to describe it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2003, 10:31 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to go to MavsTalk when it first launched. I grew tired of it. I didn't get here from there though. I saw someone (I forget who now sadly) post about the site over at Newbergreport.com. I checked it out, joined that day and the rest is available on video for $29.95 or DVD at $37.85. Inquire within.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:51 AM   #15
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i was just reading some stuff on dallas,cant remember on what site,than saw a mavtalk link.
posted a bit here and there,than got sick of the compeny and found this site.
right away i posted a bomb,&quot;Mavs will go all the way&quot; and shit,making you'll see this poster boy is for real!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:58 AM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] i misread that line! Never mind the connection between what I said and what you said, there is none.

But I'll stand by my promise just the same. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

>>

Yes, definitely weird enough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS: you did Sandy proud on that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Been here since day 1, June 2000(3rd registered member). Heard about it from big_pth(ESPN.com).

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #18
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

jeez, how did i find this place? i've been here since near the beginning, but i really don't remember how. rob, did you lead me here?
Old 01-15-2003, 02:57 PM   #19
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Charlie Brown told me about this site back last July. I joined in August of 2002.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 06:33 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i was recruited by rob for a contest..can't remember the site i was on..had only posted a couple of posts there
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:51 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Never recruited you, Murphy3. Simply posted the link at rivals.com.

BBL, yeah, either me or dj. Back in the olden fanhome days. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:36 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

<<

<< [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] i misread that line! Never mind the connection between what I said and what you said, there is none.

>>

Yes, definitely weird enough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS: you did Sandy proud on that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Thank you, thank you. Very glad to be associated with her. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I brought my sister here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She hasn't posted much - don't know how much lurking she does. Her screen name is: mam_2_u
Old 01-15-2003, 11:07 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm glad to do my best to deter so many people
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:32 AM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I came over here with the old Mavs' vanguard from the defunct Sportstalk Rants. Ape, MFFL (the esteemed poster formerly known as Mavs#1Fan), my brother Mavinator, FineCubanCigar, and others came from that entertaining and brutal environment...