Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-23-2002, 04:26 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

You wouldn't have had picked up Cory Morrow's new CD yet would ya?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2002, 09:20 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Not yet. Yourself?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 10:30 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Nope, thinking about it though. I wanna hear it first though. See if it's any good.

Old 02-24-2002, 12:25 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Btw, any other Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Robert Earl Keen type singers you'd recomend?

Old 02-24-2002, 09:40 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

pick up as much chris ledoux as you can
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 09:19 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Trish Murphy sings a duet with Pat Green on his last albumn. I might recommend her first record.

Almost forgot, pick up, if you haven't, you must, pick up Phil Prichet's Live CD.

I was looking at Amazon.com's review of the new Cory Morrow CD.

<< A serviceable cover of the Grateful Dead's &quot;Friend of the Devil&quot; highlights that song's bluegrass roots, while Morrow's version of Drivin N Cryin's &quot;Straight to Hell&quot; bristles with more conviction than he brings to his own material. >>

That pretty much sums up my criticism of Cory Morrow. Always seems to like other people's music better. And I would contend that of the new texas songwriters, he is probably the least accomplished.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 02-25-2002, 10:22 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Thanks Dooby. I'll be sure to check those CD's out.

Murph, Chris Ledoux's ok, I have one of his CD's, but he doesn't sing Real country music.

Old 02-25-2002, 06:18 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, it depends on which CD you pick up.
some of it is greatness..but he also spares us to death with alot of his CD's.

he hasn't done much good in the past decade..i'd check back 10-15 years ago
Old 02-26-2002, 01:26 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Considering the &quot;O Brother, Where Art Thou?&quot; soundtrack. Anybody own that?

Title still bugs me. But a remake of Sullivan's Travels, while a sacrilige, would be great.

Old 02-26-2002, 01:29 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

i don't own the soundtrack..but do have the movie on dvd..
great movie
Old 02-27-2002, 07:00 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Do yourself a favor. See Sullivan's Travels. Far better film. Has far more meaning. I wish a lot of film director's would see it again.

Old 03-01-2002, 05:20 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Think i'm gonna past on the new Cory Morrow CD. Doesn't sound that good. You can check it out HERE if ya wanna give it a listen.

Old 01-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Strangely, I was looking for an old post of mine and found this thread. I coincidentally picked up the Corey Morrow CD last week. BTW, Morrow and Pat Green were on Austin City Limits on Sunday.

Old 01-21-2003, 04:59 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Phil Pritchet rocks. He plays here in Waco regularly. I've been listenig to him for years now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

O' Brother Where art Thou is decent....but some of the songs are a little dry.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:08 PM   #15
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Nickel Creek, &quot;This Side&quot;. For fans of accoustic music. Mandolin, fiddle and guitar plus harmonies. Very young sounding blue grass music done by 20somethings. VERY nice.
David is offline   Reply With Quote