Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #1001
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
what gets me is that every play that the Mavs touch the ball after scoring D'Antoni has a pissy fit trying to get a dely of game warning, yet they can pull that crap
D'Antoni has now become a source of amusement for me during the games. When he wants the attention of a ref, he just repeats the guy's name -- over and over and over again.

As for delay of game warnings, D'Antoni has little right to complain about that. He wasn't complaining last year when Quentin Richardson would repeatedly "deaden" the ball to prevent the Mavs from inbounding quickly.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #1002
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

though a blowhard and addicted to hyperbole, Chuck Barkley nailed it when he compared Dirk's game last night to that of a classic Bird/Magic/Jordon showing...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #1003
groefy

groefy is on a distinguished road
Default my favorite posting of the night! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
series is over....the suns have us figured out, unfortunately.

Tim Thomas looks more like Dirk Nowitzki than Dirk does.
g.
groefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #1004
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I just remember this now but the funniest moment of the night wasn't even Darrel Armstrong doing the Wave in front of the face, but when Dirk got an and-1, he actually high fived nash. That shocked me, I'm not 100% sure was raising his hand to high five Dirk but he did. That was greatness.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #1005
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I just remember this now but the funniest moment of the night wasn't even Darrel Armstrong doing the Wave in front of the face, but when Dirk got an and-1, he actually high fived nash. That shocked me, I'm not 100% sure was raising his hand to high five Dirk but he did. That was greatness.
that seriously happened?! I totally missed it. damn, wish I would have tivo'd the game.

is it Saturday yet? I'm ready for this series to be over.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #1006
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The you cant see me by DA made me crack up. BTW Dirk nowitzki is amazing. Just thought i should point that out.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #1007
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this was more akin to the high five he does to refs. I was surprised that didn't get pointed out. I'm pretty sure it was in the first half as I started recording only from the 3rd on....... hmm, could be sometime in the 3rd as well. But I remember rewinding it a few times as it happened and he definitely did. This was near the paint when Dirk was heading outside to wait to shoot his free throws.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #1008
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I've been soo busy but I've been watching every game. How bout them Mavericks!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #1009
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Wow!

Quote:
I think this was more akin to the high five he does to refs. I was surprised that didn't get pointed out. I'm pretty sure it was in the first half as I started recording only from the 3rd on....... hmm, could be sometime in the 3rd as well. But I remember rewinding it a few times as it happened and he definitely did. This was near the paint when Dirk was heading outside to wait to shoot his free throws.
Tell me exactly when it happened! I would like to see that.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #1010
bernardos70
Diamond Member

All I remember is, it was a foul on Dirk on the baseline almost under the basket on the right side of the paint. I can help you narrow it down a bit more: The play took place when the Mavericks were attacking the basket on the left side of the screen. IIRC, the Mavs were attacking to the left of the screen on the 1st and 3rd, and to the right on the 2nd and 4th. Come to think of it I'm not 100% sure he was shooting free throws, but I'm sure he was fouled. Nash came from a considerable distance raising his arm to high five him too, but I'm not sure he intended to high five him or his own teammate.

Last edited by bernardos70; 06-02-2006 at 01:25 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #1011
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Ok, I seem to have found it on mysynergysports.com, but I can only look at the foul, and it cuts off just before we get to see the high five. Unless there's some other way to look at it. First Quarter, 5:30 mark.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #1012
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Because of my angle I thought this was a really, really weird call on Nash. It looked like dirk maybe went over his back but this photo again shows that refs are better than I usually think. Get outta' here you little canuck.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #1013
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
All I remember is, it was a foul on Dirk on the baseline almost under the basket on the right side of the paint. I can help you narrow it down a bit more: The play took place when the Mavericks were attacking the basket on the left side of the screen. IIRC, the Mavs were attacking to the left of the screen on the 1st and 3rd, and to the right on the 2nd and 4th. Come to think of it I'm not 100% sure he was shooting free throws, but I'm sure he was fouled. Nash came from a considerable distance raising his arm to high five him too, but I'm not sure he intended to high five him or his own teammate.
I remember that too! I was wondering what Nash was thinking. I think he was going to high five his teammate, but got in the way of Dirk high fiving his teammates, so he also high fived Nash on accident. I donno, but it was definetly funny!

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:55 AM   #1014
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Bill Simmons: On D'Antoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
D'Antoni has now become a source of amusement for me during the games. When he wants the attention of a ref, he just repeats the guy's name -- over and over and over again.

As for delay of game warnings, D'Antoni has little right to complain about that. He wasn't complaining last year when Quentin Richardson would repeatedly "deaden" the ball to prevent the Mavs from inbounding quickly.
Quote:
Question No. 11: In the history of organized sports, has a coach or manager ever done a better job of reacting to a bad call than Mike D'Antoni?

No way. Nobody works themselves into a foot-stomping, squinting, aghast frenzy like the Suns coach, who hasn't been this convincing since he was promising Maverick, "And if you can't find anyone, gimme a call, I'll fly with you" right before the final battle scene in "Top Gun." But every time he flipped out, I kept getting d j vu ... where else had I seen that stamping routine before?
Fortunately, Kansas City reader Daniel Warren was able to fill in the blanks: "Seeing D'Antoni react to the botched shot-clock violation in Game 3 made me stop short. Where had I seen a mustachioed man stomp around and frown so abruptly in response to an unfavorable decision? It took a while, but my buddy Andrew and I finally realized that a pissed-off Mike D'Antoni turns into Channel 4's Ron Burgundy when Veronica Corningstone is named co-anchor."

Perfect! Now D'Antoni's tantrums are twice as enjoyable because you can pepper them with jokes like, "Hey Bavetta, why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island!"

(One more classic D'Antoni maneuver: Whenever an opponent is shooting a free throw on the side near Phoenix's bench, he always pretends to be complaining about the call, only he plants himself in the corner of the shooter's eye and deliberately wanders back and forth right as the guy is shooting. Utterly devious. That's a team of floppers, cheaters and guys who push off every time they drive to the basket; they're about four more flops away from being eligible for the 2006 World Cup. How does Ginobili not play for these guys? It must kill him. All right, I'm babbling ...)
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...6/sunsmavsgm5/

Check Picutre 16.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 06-03-2006 at 12:58 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #1015
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a hardon for Simmons tonight?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:05 AM   #1016
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I love pics 11,15, and 18

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote