Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-13-2021, 08:27 PM   #41
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

two 7'0 big's gives us a block party inside
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2021, 08:31 PM   #42
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

four points in the most retarded way
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:31 PM   #43
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Are you fucking kidding?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:31 PM   #44
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Some of Luka's turnovers be so lazy at times

he's been getting like 8 turnovers per game in the last 4 outings.

He if just becomes more focused he could cut down half those turnovers
Old 01-13-2021, 08:34 PM   #45
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Some of Luka's turnovers be so lazy at times

he's been getting like 8 turnovers per game in the last 4 outings.

He if just becomes more focused he could cut down half those turnovers
His constant whining is impacting his game imo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:37 PM   #46
Dallas41
Diamond Member

yes Luka with a mid range jumper
Old 01-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #47
Dallas41
Diamond Member

back to back mid range shots by Luka
Old 01-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #48
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Luka stopped complaining. He's focused now.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:45 PM   #49
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Luka stopped complaining. He's focused now.

LOL

and then he went right back to complaining on that last shot

This is why i think the ref's are harder on him and don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

But as i stated several times before I think RC needs to say hey Luka let me fight your battles sometimes.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #50
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just going to re-iterate that EVERY superstar complains on every possession.

Posters here constantly complaining about Luka's complaining is a lot more annoying than Luka's complaining.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #51
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
LOL

and then he went right back to complaining on that last shot

This is why i think the ref's are harder on him and don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

But as i stated several times before I think RC needs to say hey Luka let me fight your battles sometimes.
He wasn't complaining. He was talking trash to the opposing player.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #52
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of complaining about complaining.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #53
turin
Diamond Member

I just love it when the Mavs run a twin towers lineup. KP and WCS should be a staple the rest of the season. Bobi/Maxi could be another nice pairing.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #54
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

KP too unselfish. Needs to shoot that.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:50 PM   #55
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

was that the Kidd-Roddy alley with Burke and Green?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #56
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I just love it when the Mavs run a twin towers lineup. KP and WCS should be a staple the rest of the season. Bobi/Maxi could be another nice pairing.

For some minutes, maybe, but I still want to see KP at center most of the time.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #57
sefant77
Guru

Green with his breakout game
Old 01-13-2021, 08:55 PM   #58
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

Green is still green, but I like just how active he's been.
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #59
sefant77
Guru

Have to say it again, with WCS and KP Powell is the odd man out, specially with his 11m salary next year. Mavs should look if they are able to dump his contract
Old 01-13-2021, 08:58 PM   #60
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Lots of complaining about complaining.
Yup. Luka has 32 12 and 8 and the Mavs are up by 17, but yeah, his complaining is just ruining my whole night.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #61
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm just going to re-iterate that EVERY superstar complains on every possession.

Posters here constantly complaining about Luka's complaining is a lot more annoying than Luka's complaining.
I pretty sure most of us have stated we don't mind him complaining about some calls.

But it's every single call.....

My feeling is that if Luka dialed it back some i think the ref's might be more inclined to give him some of those calls.

I don't recall him doing that his rookie year and he seemed to get a fair amount of calls.

These last two years he's kind of gone over the top and I think the ref's have decided to not give him those calls.

Ref's are sensitive at times and when players curse them out or yell at them throughout a game constantly how do you think they are going to respond?

This happend with Cuban a lot back in the early years the ref's despised him and thw Mavs IMO got unfair treatment as a team.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #62
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

How many altered shots is WCS a part of tonight sheesh
Old 01-13-2021, 09:02 PM   #63
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Luka has made 4 straight mid range shots
Old 01-13-2021, 09:04 PM   #64
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Two man game with trill is a dream to watch
Old 01-13-2021, 09:05 PM   #65
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
How many altered shots is WCS a part of tonight sheesh
My favorite one was on the fast break when he made Hayward stop and miss the layup

But I think as fans we have waited a long time to see KP and WCS play together and to me I think they work well together.

Not sure why KP has to be limited to just center because even with WCS on the floor I saw the Mavs use KP in post up's several times (he just missed the shots) and also called set plays to get him 3's.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:07 PM   #66
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I pretty sure most of us have stated we don't mind him complaining about some calls.

But it's every single call.....

My feeling is that if Luka dialed it back some i think the ref's might be more inclined to give him some of those calls.
And again, EVERY SINGLE SUPERSTAR DOES IT. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

And I'm extremely skeptical that it effects the way he's officiated.

Quote:
I don't recall him doing that his rookie year and he seemed to get a fair amount of calls.

These last two years he's kind of gone over the top and I think the ref's have decided to not give him those calls.
He did it his rookie year.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:07 PM   #67
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup. Luka has 32 12 and 8 and the Mavs are up by 17, but yeah, his complaining is just ruining my whole night.
Plus 4 blocks and 2 steals, and apparently he knocked Hayward out of the game.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:09 PM   #68
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Mavs on their way to holding a 5th team to under 100 points or less

Last year they failed to do this at all.

Pretty amazing turnaround
Old 01-13-2021, 09:10 PM   #69
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

You don't have to like Luka's complaining. I don't like it.

But this is an NBA problem. Not a Luka Doncic problem. Same with flopping. It's just the way the game is now because an entire generation of players has been conditioned to believe that working the refs benefits them.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #70
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I think you guys are missing a bigger point. And that is that Rick has to start riding these refs' arses when they are ignoring obvious fouls on Luka and our guys, so that Luka doesn't have to spend his time defending himself. Pop will get himself thrown out of a game to get the refs attention about sorry officiating.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Tim Duncan was the world’s biggest complainer, and he never struggled to get calls. He could tone it down a bit, but it’s not like he’s getting tossed from games, like a young Cousins.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:12 PM   #72
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Furthermore, even if Luka does complain on every single possession (an exaggeration btw), it's more annoying that posters here complaining every single time Luka complains. Every single time.

"Luka needs to stop complaining!"

I'm going to make a bold prediction. He won't. Get used to it, because I think this is just who he is, and who this entire generation of players are.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #73
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I think you guys are missing a bigger point. And that is that Rick has to start riding these refs' arses when they are ignoring obvious fouls on Luka and our guys, so that Luka doesn't have to spend his time defending himself. Pop will get himself thrown out of a game to get the refs attention about sorry officiating.
I don't buy that the refs are punishing Luka for it. We like to tell ourselves that, but I'm not seeing it. And if that is the case, that says a LOT more about the NBA than it does about Luka.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #74
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Tim Duncan was the world’s biggest complainer, and he never struggled to get calls. He could tone it down a bit, but it’s not like he’s getting tossed from games, like a young Cousins.
Thank you. I think I mentioned Duncan earlier. I swear, nobody in my lifetime complained more than him.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:17 PM   #75
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't buy that the refs are punishing Luka for it. We like to tell ourselves that, but I'm not seeing it. And if that is the case, that says a LOT more about the NBA than it does about Luka.
I don't say that the refs are punishing Luka for the complaining. I think a lot of the refs just don't respect the Mavs the way they do other teams and top players. They may not even be conscious of how they are not being consistent in calling fouls for offensive players. That's why I feel Rick has to take a stand when our players are getting fouled with no calls made.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:22 PM   #76
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Josh Green so active and more confident. Dude can defend. Between Green, J-Rich, WCS, Iwundu, Johnson, Bey we are so much more athletic than this time last year
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:23 PM   #77
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

We can agree to disagree but just for the record do you consider Leonard, Durant and Curry super stars?

I'm only asking because when you said all super stars complain those are 3 guys who I very rarely see complain about every call.

In fact Leonard seems like a robot that dude barely speaks throughout a game.

But again I think RC should do more of the fighting for Luka.

This just kind of reminds me of Cuban who used to complain all the time and I felt like the refs made the Mavs players pay for it on the floor.

Cuban decided years ago he was going to tone it down and the difference the 06 Finals vs Miami compared to the 2011 Finals vs Miami was like night and day in terms of fouls called vs the Mavs and the way the game was officiated.

IF you feel as though it won't change a thing for Luka and the way he's ref's then hey I respect your opinion.

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-13-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #78
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
I don't say that the refs are punishing Luka for the complaining. I think a lot of the refs just don't respect the Mavs the way they do other teams and top players. They may not even be conscious of how they are not being consistent in calling fouls for offensive players. That's why I feel Rick has to take a stand when our players are getting fouled with no calls made.
Those are two ways of saying the same thing, so let me be more clear. I don't think the refs respect Luka or the Mavs less than they do other stars or teams. He gets wins some calls and loses some like everyone else.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #79
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I just got home. I know nothing about the game yet. Should I watch it? I am surprised that we even have a game considering the COVID situation.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:29 PM   #80
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
We can agree to disagree but just for the record do you consider Leonard, Durant and Curry super stars?

I'm only asking because when you said all super stars complain those are 3 guys who I very rarely see complain about every call.

In fact Leonard seems like a robot that dude barely speaks throughout a game.
Ok, Kawhi is a robot, but I think Durant complains as much ANYONE, and Curry does more than his fair share.

Quote:
IF you feel as though it won't change a thing for Luka and the way he's ref's then hey I respect your opinion.
A: I don't think it has an effect on the game either way. If anything, complaining to the refs historically makes them MORE likely to give you the call.

B: Again, posters here, constantly, and I do mean CONSTANTLY complaining about Luka's complaining is about a million times more annoying than Luka's complaining.

Btw, he ended the night with 34, 14, 9 and 4 blocks, and the Mavs won in a blowout. Just for the record.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-13-2021 at 09:30 PM.