Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Valuation exercise.

J.R.Smith is toxic. Knicks supposedly shopping him. Under no circumstances would I want to see him mucking things up for Dirk and the Mavericks. I figure the Knicks will have to pay some team to take Smith off their hands. The question: Who would take him and how much would they charge the Knicks for the trouble?
Thoughts? Anyone?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
J.R.Smith is toxic. Knicks supposedly shopping him. Under no circumstances would I want to see him mucking things up for Dirk and the Mavericks. I figure the Knicks will have to pay some team to take Smith off their hands. The question: Who would take him and how much would they charge the Knicks for the trouble?
Thoughts? Anyone?
Don't think the Knicks are fooling anyone with their rhetoric. JR knows that no one wants him. The team wants to pretend that they are shopping him, because they don't want to admit that he has no value.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Don't think the Knicks are fooling anyone with their rhetoric. JR knows that no one wants him. The team wants to pretend that they are shopping him, because they don't want to admit that he has no value.
I agree, except it's not even any secret that as far as the NYKs are concerned, he has negative value--he's an erratic, disruptive, low-IQ player, coming off a surgery that is limiting his productivity.

Knicks will have to put together some kind of deal that compensates a team for taking Smith off their hands. It's the parameters of that deal that I"m kind of interested in.

Apparently Smith has POed even Jimmy "Buy High, Sell Low" Dolan with his nonsense antics, so Dolan wants him gone--like he did with Camby, Sprewell, Marbury, Robinson, Larry Brown and probably a few others I'm forgetting. I'm just wondering how much of a premium they (the Knicks) will have to pay to be done with him.

And also, what team would take Smith and his contract on--a cellar-dweller willing to take on a headache for a little payout? A contender who thinks they can bend Smith into shape and get some productivity out of him ? (Good luck.)

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 01-15-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Thoughts? Anyone?
J.R. Smith would be a perfect fit for a Rodman-coached North Korean team.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote