Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #41
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Never ever said Dirk was soft. Love the dude. The team as a whole is soft, stale, uninspired,etc.
I kind of like what Barnes brings. Can shoot the 3 just enough that the D has to respect and he gets to the rim when they close out. Plays good defense and is versatile and doesn't back down. And 4 the minimum he's underrated. Would've rather we signed him than JJB! or George. I like players who fought to get into the league and do a little of everything(mario elie,john starks,bowen). They tend to play with a chip on their shoulder. Something we're lacking.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #42
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Never ever said Dirk was soft. Love the dude. The team as a whole is soft, stale, uninspired,etc.
I kind of like what Barnes brings. Can shoot the 3 just enough that the D has to respect and he gets to the rim when they close out. Plays good defense and is versatile and doesn't back down. And 4 the minimum he's underrated. Would've rather we signed him than JJB! or George. I like players who fought to get into the league and do a little of everything(mario elie,john starks,bowen). They tend to play with a chip on their shoulder. Something we're lacking.
All good points, Mac. Dispite my dislike for Barnes I would also undoubtedly prefer him on this team over George or Barea.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #43
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Seems like Cubes is leaning to Starbury once a buyout is reached, but just in case, can he help or he can just make the matter worse?
darkwitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #44
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Starbury would certainly be a better backup PG than Barea, would he not?

I think the "team cancer" thing is a little overblown as well.

but I dunno. If cheap, I think it would be worth it.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #45
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it does seem he's highly interested in him.
Oh boy.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #46
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

We need Rasheed Wallace!

And Nick Van Exel
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #47
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I think everyone loves the idea of M Miller.

I just don't see it happening for that package though.
I wonder if a Josh/Stack package for something along the likes of Miller/Cardinal/Brewer would work out in any way? Minnesota would get a great #2 option (Josh) and a huge expiring contract in Stack for a bad contract (Cardinal), a disappointing draft pick (Brewer) and their best shooter.

I'd be all over that action... wonder if McHale would do it after (before?) a couple brewskis....
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I wonder if a Josh/Stack package for something along the likes of Miller/Cardinal/Brewer would work out in any way? Minnesota would get a great #2 option (Josh) and a huge expiring contract in Stack for a bad contract (Cardinal), a disappointing draft pick (Brewer) and their best shooter.

I'd be all over that action... wonder if McHale would do it after (before?) a couple brewskis....
Josh-for-Miller is trading one problem for another - this team has done enough of that lately...

(but I like how you're thinking! Would they take JET instead of Josh?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #49
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Howard/Stack for JRich/Felton. MAKE IT HAPPEN DONNIE!!!!!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #50
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Josh-for-Miller is trading one problem for another - this team has done enough of that lately...

(but I like how you're thinking! Would they take JET instead of Josh?)

Whereas I like that deal, I'm not sure why they would have any interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Howard/Stack for JRich/Felton. MAKE IT HAPPEN DONNIE!!!!!
Ditto.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #51
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Charlotte isn't moving JRich, just like Minn isn't moving MMiler.

What do you think of this one though?

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Dallas and Charlotte being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Charlotte had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4824624

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +18.2 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +4.9 apg.
Incoming Players
Alexis Ajinca
7-0 C from France (Foreign)
0.9 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.5 minutes
Raymond Felton
6-0 PG from North Carolina
12.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.9 apg in 32.6 minutes
Gerald Wallace
6-7 SG / SF from Alabama
15.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 37.7 minutes
Outgoing Players
Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
5.2 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.6 minutes
Erick Dampier
6-11 C from Mississippi State
5.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.0 minutes

Charlotte Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -18.2 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and -4.9 apg.
Incoming Players
Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
5.2 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.6 minutes
Erick Dampier
6-11 C from Mississippi State
5.7 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.0 minutes
Outgoing Players
Alexis Ajinca
7-0 C from France (Foreign)
0.9 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.5 minutes
Raymond Felton
6-0 PG from North Carolina
12.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.9 apg in 32.6 minutes
Gerald Wallace
6-7 SG / SF from Alabama
15.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 37.7 min

Kidd, Felton, JJB
JHo, Terry, Wright
Wallace, Green, Williams
Dirk, Bass
Diop, Ajinca

With Green, Terry, and Felton the first three off the bench.

Charlotte:
DJ, JRich, Stack/Morrison, Okafor, Damp.

Looks a little more Brown like to me.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #52
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nobrainer if Cuban is willing to pay. But i still think the team who wants Wallace has to eat Carroll or Nazr.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 AM   #53
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah if Charlotte were to trade G.Wallace it would be a double salary dump-Wallace and Carroll. Wallace doesn't seem to be playing too well but a change of scenery would help. He's a beast when he's on. Good finisher would look good with Kidd on the break.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #54
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Isn't getting Nazr a good thing. I remember he used to be pretty good there for awhile on the Spurs.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #55
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Bump

Which of the wings that have been speculated on this board will be the next to have the season-ending injury? So far we have:

Redd
Mason
Wallace (I'm assuming the collapsed lung sidelines him for a few months, though I haven't read anything confirming that)

It's almost like the Madden Cover Curse.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #56
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Miller has been hurting with injuries this year...he could be next to just get shut down with an injury.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #57
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Note that both Kaman and Marion are injured as well (both after talks on this board of acquiring them... dundun dunnn
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #58
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
Note that both Kaman and Marion are injured as well (both after talks on this board of acquiring them... dundun dunnn
So let's start talking about acquiring Kobe...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #59
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3869989

AK47 to have surgery
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote