Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-30-2003, 04:21 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default MFF's Game Thoughts (long)

We arrived at the arena at 5:30. Ran over to the tunnel and waited for the bus. I've never seen the guys arrive and I was on cloud 9 watching and taking pictures of the guys coming off. Donnie shook hands. Cuban, Walker, Dirk, Finley, and Bradley all waived to the crowd. Nash was on the phone. Jamison had on headphones and ignored everyone.

I'm always amazed at how many Dallas fans that are always there. Dirk had the most jerseys, then Fin (surprisingly) and then Nash. 1 gal had on the German jersey for Dirk. Grey, the flag on the bottom, with #14. Some guy was wearing a blue t-shirt that said FinDawg on the front, and the back had his name with a carton figure of Finley. One badass shirt and MFF was jealous.

On to the game. I skimmed the game day thread and wanted to hit on a couple things no one talked about. Or maybe I missed it.

Word of advice. Never make Dirk angry. You won't like him when he's angry. He was popped (unintentionally) in the mouth by Brian Cardinal and then Dirk gave him a hard foul. The crowd didn't like that. I've never seen Dirk this angry. Late in the game, he had words with NVE on the bench. I'd like to known what was said, but it wasn't friendly. Najera even said something and walked away laughing. Dirk looked a little distracted to start the game. After introductions, he ran into the tunnel. I thought maybe he was hurt or something. Whatever, he woke up and the rest is history. That kid knows how to play.

Big props to Najera. He really changed the momentum of the game. His stats look anything but desirable, but he really lit a fire under the team tonight. The block he had on Dunleavy was sweet.

Jamison laid an egg. I don't know if he was nervous or what. He looked lost, rushed, and the crowd really booed him. I was surprised, I thought he would get a warm welcome. Maybe that messed with him.

Golden State doesn't miss Fortson.

Had a Bradley sighting.

I liked what I saw from Finley. On offense, he runs right to that corner. That has to be Nelson's doing, otherwise someone needs to kick Fin in the ass for heading there every time on offense. To play 42 minutes and only get 8 shots is just something I don't understand. I was happy that he took open shots and attempted to get to the basket. I was thrilled when he nailed the 3 at the end. He really worked for rebounds. His defense wasn't too bad either. Had 2 offensive fouls back-to-back that were total bullshit.

Nash looked much better as well. I think it was for the fact that he handled the ball often. He looked good. Penetrated, found the open man. I checked the stats, didn't realize he made it to the ft line so much.

Walker was active. I thought he rushed a couple shots and passes in the first half. Next thing I know he has 20 points. Like Finley and Dirk, he was active on the boards. He was probably the worst on defense. I think it was more to do with the zone as we missed quite a few guys when switching.

Delk shouldn't start. I think we all agree there. He's a good player, but he's not a starter on this team. I would have sworn he took more than 5 shots.

Best was abused. I don't remember anything other than AJ schooling any pg we had out there.

Howard. I don't think you realize how long he is until you see him. He's quick too. Gets around the basket and just bounces. Takes a shot, hits the ground and is back up in the air again. I wasn't as impressed with him as some were during the thread. That isn't a knock as you can see what he's going to bring to this team. He's a steal, no doubt.

3 of the best plays involved Dirk, Walker, and Finley. 2 were identical plays. Dirk in the post. Instead of Nash throwing it down low, he pitches it to Walker as Dirk starts cutting to the basket. Walker made the pass both times right on target. Lay-up and one bad ass dunk by Dirk. The other was a rebound Finley grabbed one handed and while in mid air threw it cross court to Dirk who leaked out. Lay-up.

A win is a win, but the most disturbing thing about the game was we barely beat a GS team without 3 of it's starters. GS looked pretty smooth and it must have been tough to swallow this loss. I think if they work hard, get those guys healthy, they could threaten for the final 8th playoff spot. Robinson and Cheaney are great additions. Throw in Claxton and the promise of Pietrus and they could make strides this year.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:41 AM   #2
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:MFF's Game Thoughts (long)

[quote]
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I was on cloud 9 watching and taking pictures of the guys coming off.q]

Pleeeeeeeease share your pictures when you get them developed!
Old 10-30-2003, 04:44 AM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the run down, MFF.

Quote:
Late in the game, he had words with NVE on the bench. I'd like to known what was said, but it wasn't friendly.
Did Dirk look really pissed when he said something or kind of joking? That is really weird. I did notice that Dirk said that "Nick didn't do all that by himself" several times when talking about the playoff run last season when people acted like we would stink in the playoffs without him.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:57 AM   #4
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I too feel sorry for Jamison, every player who goes back to face a former team wants to have a good game, not only did he not have a good game he didn't even play in the 4th. Bottom line, I think Walker took his spot and the Mavs might not have done the G.S trade if they did the Boston trade first, remember the G.S trade was on the table for a year. Which brings me to my next point which is Small Ball.

I remember alot of people thought that NVE was the root of the whole small ball thing, and that by having Nick, Nellie was "forced" to play that way. Obviously that wasn't case and like I said then if we traded with the Knicks for KT and Ward, it would just be Ward playing alongside Nash instead of Nick, now its Tony Delk. Its not the player its the coach, it doesn't matter who the guard is NVE, Delk etc, it doesn't matter. The only thing Nick gave Nellie was a "excuse" to play small ball not a reason. What hopefully will happen is Nellie will realize Delk is not NVE and he doesn't have to feel guility leaving such a good player on the bench and maybe will cut the smallish crap.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:08 AM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did Dirk look really pissed when he said something or kind of joking?
He was pissed most the game. After that pop in the mouth, he was just angry.

And he was pissed at NVE. Even if it was said in the heat of the moment, Dirk went towards the bench to say a few more words.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #6
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your impressions of the game. I appreciate it.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

MFF thanks for the report. You had use worried there for a while that you weren't doing you job, but you pulled it through in the end. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I liked what I saw from Finley. On offense, he runs right to that corner. That has to be Nelson's doing, otherwise someone needs to kick Fin in the ass for heading there every time on offense.
I'm fairly convinced that this is Nellie's doing. I can only hope that it is temporary. And I also agree with you about 8 shots in 42 minutes is probably really low. The plus side is I saw some really great defensive plays from Fin (although like most everyone there were some lapses as well) especially in crunch time. And Fin really crashed the glass. 10 boards is awesome. I'm upset at Nellie though for putting him back at SF where he isn't as effective.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:10 AM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:

And he was pissed at NVE. Even if it was said in the heat of the moment, Dirk went towards the bench to say a few more words.
Well seeing the fact that Dirk has a capped tooth that we've seen can be popped out, i understand why he was so mad. My only wish was that he would've hit the guy even harder.

It didn't seem like Walker had a 20pt game. But i guess all of those little put-backs add up.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:20 PM   #9
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Great review MFF. You are right, Dirk can get really pissed off, and I love it when he does, he is near unstoppable when pissed. Murphy, Ferry, posey and a few other guy's in particular piss him off, I guess now we can add Cardinal to the list, lol.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:27 PM   #10
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Anyone remember that old Pistons game where Clifford Robinson was really messing with Dirk, trying to intimidate him. I wonder if old Cliffy had a hand in any of this?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 10-30-2003, 03:32 PM   #11
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Quote:
Quote:

Well seeing the fact that Dirk has a capped tooth that we've seen can be popped out, i understand why he was so mad. My only wish was that he would've hit the guy even harder.

It didn't seem like Walker had a 20pt game. But i guess all of those little put-backs add up.

its been a long, long time since any Mav had "all those little put backs" that added up, Walker's rebounding has impresed me a whole lot. We have 2 guys who average a double double . . . can't complain about that.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:35 PM   #12
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Regarding this last game with GS, I didn't get to watch it on Dish Network. I have Fox Sports Southwest, but it only had the Best Damn Sport Show on. What gives?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #13
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

" i wish i got the Mavs game instead of this damn sports show!" ??? game started at 9:30 . . . other than that i can't think of how you missed the game, or how screwed up the fox.net is.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #14
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Regarding this last game with GS, I didn't get to watch it on Dish Network. I have Fox Sports Southwest, but it only had the Best Damn Sport Show on. What gives?

They usually reserve another channel for the Mavs broadcast when Fox Sports SW has the Best Damn Sport Show. On Directv, Channel 643 is Foxsports Net and Channel 644 was reserved for the Mavs game. It probably is the same for Dish Network.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

good post....long post, but a good one.....

I as well love to see dirty get mad....it is times like those where he is a top five player...29p 15reb....someone hit him in the mouth every game....or pinch him, or give him an indian burn, or paper cut, or wedgey, or slap him....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:22 PM   #16
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
good post....long post, but a good one.....

I as well love to see dirty get mad....it is times like those where he is a top five player...29p 15reb....someone hit him in the mouth every game....or pinch him, or give him an indian burn, or paper cut, or wedgey, or slap him....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thats a funny visual. Walker ripping Dirks jock to his shoulders before every game. Then Dirk goes out to average 40 & 15.

Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:30 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
Quote:
[i]Thats a funny visual. Walker ripping Dirks jock to his shoulders before every game. Then Dirk goes out to average 40 & 15.
no ReDirk, thats called infertility.....and that is not funny...not funny at all![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 04:39 PM   #18
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

You know what is funny about most of the complaints about the game last night? Everyone was complaining about Nellie going small against GS and how dumb Nellie is to always do that and how he is an idiot coach... but guess what Phil Jackson did in LA and abused us... he went small... he played Fisher and Payton together... and he took most of the scoring duties away from Shaq which allowed him to run with the Mavs imo because he didn't have to do as much as he normally does. Phil Jackson went small and ran the Mavs out of the gym!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #19
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Kingrex,

The game was on 445 on Dish. It was really hard to find since it does not show up in the search list and you have to scroll over to the 9:30 time slot. Next time, just go to all sub, over to the time and scroll through the entire list. You will eventually get it.

Stressboy
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:48 PM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Stressboy
Kingrex,

The game was on 445 on Dish. It was really hard to find since it does not show up in the search list and you have to scroll over to the 9:30 time slot. Next time, just go to all sub, over to the time and scroll through the entire list. You will eventually get it.

Stressboy
Same thing happened to me -- I found it on 445 by simply continuing to scroll up.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:23 PM   #21
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
You know what is funny about most of the complaints about the game last night? Everyone was complaining about Nellie going small against GS and how dumb Nellie is to always do that and how he is an idiot coach... but guess what Phil Jackson did in LA and abused us... he went small... he played Fisher and Payton together... and he took most of the scoring duties away from Shaq which allowed him to run with the Mavs imo because he didn't have to do as much as he normally does. Phil Jackson went small and ran the Mavs out of the gym!
The Lakers can still defense teams and rebound with a small lineup. The Mavs can't. It's that simple. Malone is a better defender and plays the 5 better than Dirk so th eLaker's can get away with it. Playing a center and then Dirk at the 4 with Walker at the 3 is a really good rebounding team and you still have 4 scorers on the court and 4 guys running the floor. That's all you need.

Old 10-30-2003, 06:27 PM   #22
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs_afroman
Quote:
The Lakers can still defense teams and rebound with a small lineup. The Mavs can't. It's that simple. Malone is a better defender and plays the 5 better than Dirk so th eLaker's can get away with it. Playing a center and then Dirk at the 4 with Walker at the 3 is a really good rebounding team and you still have 4 scorers on the court and 4 guys running the floor. That's all you need.

Plus the fact Fish, GP, and Shaq are SUPERIOR defenders to nash, mike and fort.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:37 PM   #23
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'll agree on GP and Shaq, but I don't think Fish is anything more than a one trick pony on D (the one trick being drawing charges). There's a reason the Lakers commonly put Kobe on Nash, and there's a reason that Tyronne Lue got all that playing time in the finals against the sixers a few years back.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:22 PM   #24
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I agree.. i've always felt the lakers most notable weakness was at the point however, now that payton has arrived thats not as much of a concern. Fisher is strong but lacks the foot speed needed to be a shutdown defender.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:28 PM   #25
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
The Lakers can still defense teams and rebound with a small lineup. The Mavs can't. It's that simple.
Then how did they almost take the Spurs to game 7 of the WCF? How do you know we wouldn't have played the Lakers better if we had gone smaller against them? Since when does 1 game determine what a team can and cannot do?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:29 PM   #26
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

I did not say Fish was a shutdown defender, I said he is SUPERIOR TO NASH imo, that isn't saying much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img](
Old 10-30-2003, 11:41 PM   #27
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

if dirk had never gotten injured i bet we win the title. oh well, always this year
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:50 PM   #28
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
I did not say Fish was a shutdown defender, I said he is SUPERIOR TO NASH imo, that isn't saying much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img](
Fish superior to Nash, defensively.

Agree.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:08 AM   #29
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Rhylan superior to Nash, defensively.

Possibly.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:09 AM   #30
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
Rhylan superior to Nash, defensively.

Possibly.
lol, wouldn't surprise me if you were.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:43 AM   #31
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Golden State Warriors coach Eric Musselman, right, and Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki, of Germany, the game's leading scorer, exchange words during the fourth quarter, Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2003, in Oakland, Calif. Dallas won 95-87

Did Dirk talk to Musselman also? Or is this caption wrong?
Old 10-31-2003, 08:07 AM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

needless to say, I don't think dirk liked taking that shot to the face early in the game
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:20 AM   #33
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:

Golden State Warriors coach Eric Musselman, right, and Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki, of Germany, the game's leading scorer, exchange words during the fourth quarter, Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2003, in Oakland, Calif. Dallas won 95-87

Did Dirk talk to Musselman also? Or is this caption wrong?

it looks like dirk is talking to someone else. and if i remember correctly, little nicky was sitting in that area. also dirk has a smile on his face, so i'd bet that its little nicky.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:55 AM   #34
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Default RE: MFF's Game Thoughts (long)

NVE was sitting right next to the coaches. As Dirk is looking down, I would think this is a picture of what I was talking about. I was sitting behind the Warriors bench about halfway back. It may look like Dirk is smiling, but I didn't get the feeling that anything said was funny.

I don't think I can say enough how pissed Dirk was.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:56 AM   #35
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: MFF's Game Thoughts (long)

does anyone think that redirkulous is david reincarnate?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:04 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's possible... redirkulous has already made the claim that dirk shouldn't be getting the ball more in the paint.. it'd be like taking michael jordan and trying to make him into charles barkley or something like that.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:43 AM   #37
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
**cough** two game swing **cough**
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 01:48 PM   #38
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
it's possible... redirkulous has already made the claim that dirk shouldn't be getting the ball more in the paint.. it'd be like taking michael jordan and trying to make him into charles barkley or something like that.
I never said that. Do not twist my words Murphy. As a senior member in this forum the horrible example you set amazes me.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:54 PM   #39
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
**cough** two game swing **cough**
hahahaha
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote