Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-30-2003, 08:18 PM   #1
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road
Default Video that you'll probably hate me for...

...but was just too funny to pass up.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2003, 09:22 PM   #2
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Top 10 SportsCenter Video you'll probably hate me for...

SA, those were actually pretty funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 09:25 PM   #3
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

Nice to see Shawn Bradley get some significant playing time again.....
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:31 AM   #4
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

the no clue post of the week.

It was hilarious.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:36 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

That's cold SA2. It's not like we're always posting jokes about Shaq and Kobe here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Well maybe some of us do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 12:43 AM   #6
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

What's so funny about that? I'm a little desensitized to seeing Bradley dunked on. The funniest plays are the rejections he delivers. Players always look so embarrased when Bradley takes thier sh*t. They probably have to hear about from thier friends all week.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 02:00 AM   #7
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

I love Shawn, but that was absolutely hilarious. Sweet tag line FJive.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 02:02 AM   #8
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Top 10 SportsCenter Video you'll probably hate me for...

One two Oh my god
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:56 AM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Now for the reasonable part:

Most of those were dunks by players beating their defenders, some of them even fast breaks with Bradley beeing the only guy left to stop it - what exactly do you expect him to do? He´s contesting the shots and trying to do it clean without a foul ... I do miss the fun part on those ...
Old 10-31-2003, 10:41 AM   #10
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

it was funny, i'll admit it. but for as many guys that dunk on shawn, he sends even more back in their faces. i will admit that some of those were nasty...

where's the highlight of shwan rejecting marshall twice on one play?

also, one of those was muresan, not ming... and nice to see that o'bannon did something in his NBA career. also, that keon clark play was just a glorified hook shot.

and seelen, that's a great point. shawn tries to go for the clean block. he put all those guys on their butt (well, not shaq) if he really wanted to foul them.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:45 AM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The highlight video of Shawn's vicious rejections would be much longer.

For instance, he made a mockery of Ming in one game last year, capping him on several successive shot attempts close to the rim.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:51 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The highlight video of Shawn's vicious rejections would be much longer.

For instance, he made a mockery of Ming in one game last year, capping him on several successive shot attempts close to the rim.
and then the next time Ming faced him.....Bradley was dominated by Yao...sad to say, but Shawn's great blocks(which would be a longer reel, often are all he gives...like Fort and bounds...

{must not allow partial recall of history by Bradley fans....} [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:54 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I thought was funny about this video was the music selection. *Classic*
Old 10-31-2003, 11:03 AM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

that was a funny reel. Especially when they showed shaq smile before showing all his massive dunks on Bradley.

Unfortunately, big Shawn is too easy a target.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:08 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and then the next time Ming faced him.....Bradley was dominated by Yao...sad to say, but Shawn's great blocks(which would be a longer reel, often are all he gives...like Fort and bounds...
The last time I checked, Bradley was a pretty good rebounder AND could hit the open jumper for you. If he's not asked to do to much offensively, he can be an asset on that side of the court. Isn't that what the mavs need?..someone that doesn't demand the ball on the offensive side but will provide assistance defensively?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:44 AM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike

{must not allow partial recall of history by Bradley fans....} [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You're wrong on two counts here. First, the only time Shawn was dominated by Yao was in their very first encounter.

Second, Shawn provides a lot more than "great blocks". He provides a good rebounder in the middle, one of the few Mavericks to play with emotion on the defensive end, he shoots a great percentage, and he shuts down the layup drill -- something no other current Maverick does.

Shawn is not a star, but he's the most valuable role player on the team. If he's not allowed to play that role, the team will undoubtedly suffer.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:44 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
The last time I checked, Bradley was a pretty good rebounder AND could hit the open jumper for you. If he's not asked to do to much offensively, he can be an asset on that side of the court. Isn't that what the mavs need?..someone that doesn't demand the ball on the offensive side but will provide assistance defensively?
yes Murph, I know you love him...and he can hit an open set shot(would'nt call it a jumper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])...decent rebounder....ok, I'll give you "decent"..not good...decent....but his poor defense on anyone with athleticism and a post game is sad....{please, are we dragging this up again}...Bradley can do some things...(he hit over .500 in high school baseball for example..imagine that stike zone..) but for the most part he is most effective when little other than blocks and changing shots are expected of him....and yes we need that in our lineup...we need "productive Bradley" in our lineup, if we could just kill that other guy who shows up seemingly half the time....what's his name....oh yeah, "unproductive Bradley"...but this is what you get...and for 4.5mil that is fine....but he is not some hero....as some(who I have fought before) like to pretend...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-31-2003, 11:49 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:

You're wrong on two counts here. First, the only time Shawn was dominated by Yao was in their very first encounter.

Second, Shawn provides a lot more than "great blocks". He provides a good rebounder in the middle, one of the few Mavericks to play with emotion on the defensive end, he shoots a great percentage, and he shuts down the layup drill -- something no other current Maverick does.

Shawn is not a star, but he's the most valuable role player on the team. If he's not allowed to play that role, the team will undoubtedly suffer.
like I said kg, decent rebounder I'll agree to....does he shut down the "layup drill".....this is an absolute statement...remember the dunk highlight reel...for every dunk I'll bet there 5 layups....but I don't hate the guy he is valuable when used correctly. the last sentence you wrote here I totally agree with...one of the best things you can say about Shawn "Shawn is not a star, but he's the most valuable role player on the team...." great to hear you say....

Old 10-31-2003, 11:50 AM   #19
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Bradley is NOT a starter in this league. He is a role player and can be utilized on specific situations. His NOT useless therefore.

But, you have to admit the top 10 dunks on Shawn reel had some humor to it right?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:51 AM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
yes Murph, I know you love him...
Actually, you're confusing Murph with madape, but what does that have to do with anything? His comments were objective, so why aren't yours?

Quote:
and he can hit an open set shot(would'nt call it a jumper)...
He hit well over 50% of his shots last year. Does it matter if he jumps or not?

Quote:
decent rebounder....ok, I'll give you "decent"..not good...decent....
He averaged 5.9 rpg last year in 21 mpg. That's pretty damn good.

Quote:
but his poor defense on anyone with athleticism and a post game is sad....
Shawn's not a great man-to-man defender against great post players, but I wouldn't call his defense "poor". Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's one of the few players in the league who has given players like Duncan, Yao, and Malone some trouble from time to time. Also, when you consider the blocks that he provides, the defensive rebounding, and the steals, he's far from a poor defender.

Quote:
{please, are we dragging this up again}...Bradley can do some things...(he hit over .500 in high school baseball for example..imagine that stike zone..) but for the most part he is most effective when little other than blocks and changing shots are expected of him....and yes we need that in our lineup...we need "productive Bradley" in our lineup, if we could just kill that other guy who shows up seemingly half the time....what's his name....oh yeah, "unproductive Bradley"...but this is what you get...and for 4.5mil that is fine....but he is not some hero....as some(who I have fought before) like to pretend...
You're right. He's not a "hero". Who said he was? He's just a very productive role player -- the most important role player on the team.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #21
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Shawn's not a great man-to-man defender against great post players, but I wouldn't call his defense "poor". Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's one of the few players in the league who has given players like Duncan, Yao, and Malone some trouble from time to time. Also, when you consider the blocks that he provides, the defensive rebounding, and the steals, he's far from a poor defender.
I also remember some games against the TWolves where Bradley took Garnett out of the game offensively. He's certainly not an all NBA man-to-man defender by any means, but he's better than average for a big man. Look how Yao abused Nene last night. Don't hear everyone saying that Nene is the worst post defender in the league.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:03 PM   #22
kingrex
Platinum Member

To say that Bradley is a bad defender because Shaq & Duncan schools him is twisted because both guys will tool anyone.

But, as the top ten reel shows, many have dunked on Bradley who have no business dunking on a 7'6" player. (Robert Pack?).

So, it's not the stars that dunk on him, it's the no names who do that is troubling.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:05 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I love underachieving tall white guys. Trust me, Bradley frustrates the hell out of me as well. However, just because he looks like a goofball from time to time and just because he's underachieved for his career does not mean that he isn't the most important role player on this mavs team. He needs to get more minutes than anyone else not named Dirk, Antoine, Antawn, Fin, or Nash. (that is unless you find a way to get howard on the court 25 minutes a game if he continues to show flashes of great defense)

Bradley's the only player on the Mavs team that can realistically dominate a game at times on defensive side of the ball.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:08 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
To say that Bradley is a bad defender because Shaq & Duncan schools him is twisted because both guys will tool anyone.

But, as the top ten reel shows, many have dunked on Bradley who have no business dunking on a 7'6" player. (Robert Pack?).

So, it's not the stars that dunk on him, it's the no names who do that is troubling.
Why is it so troubling? Because bradley looks goofy?
Newsflash..centers get dunked on quite a bit..especially whenever their perimeter defenders allow constant penetration.

Yes, bradley needs to put some players on their ass...but hell, if he gets dunked on from time to time by a smaller player, I'll gladly overlook that if he continues to contribute in other much needed areas. Bradley getting dunked on occurs alot less often than him blocking and/or changing a shot.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:09 PM   #25
kingrex
Platinum Member

He is our only shot blocker, therefore, I agree he has a role to play on this team, but I don't think anyone can argue for him to get anymore than 15 minutes per game. Not when he is such a liability offensively.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:10 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
He is our only shot blocker, therefore, I agree he has a role to play on this team, but I don't think anyone can argue for him to get anymore than 15 minutes per game. Not when he is such a liability offensively.
How is he 'such a liablity offensively'?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:13 PM   #27
kingrex
Platinum Member

When he can actually catch a pass, he might do 1 of 4 things.
1) dribble the ball of his foot
2) turn the ball over with a bad pass
3) miss a dunk/get blocked
4) make a wide-open set shot.

25% success rate is not what we need offensively.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:14 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
yes Murph, I know you love him...
Actually, you're confusing Murph with madape, but what does that have to do with anything? His comments were objective, so why aren't yours?

Quote:
and he can hit an open set shot(would'nt call it a jumper)...
He hit well over 50% of his shots last year. Does it matter if he jumps or not?

Quote:
decent rebounder....ok, I'll give you "decent"..not good...decent....
He averaged 5.9 rpg last year in 21 mpg. That's pretty damn good.

Quote:
but his poor defense on anyone with athleticism and a post game is sad....
Shawn's not a great man-to-man defender against great post players, but I wouldn't call his defense "poor". Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's one of the few players in the league who has given players like Duncan, Yao, and Malone some trouble from time to time. Also, when you consider the blocks that he provides, the defensive rebounding, and the steals, he's far from a poor defender..
let me take this in order: 1. it does not matter if he jumps as the "WINK" should have indicated to you...2. kg, do you consider Bradley "a damn good" rebounder...I would not want to misunderstand you here, you are saying that right?!...don't hide behind this stat...do think he is?!...3. its nice to know that from "time to time" he gives the stars trouble...but what about the other guys? I am not going to go digging up all the stats....but I have seen him screw up enough and be screwed by guys other than just the "great ones" as you say...and I've seen him be removed from too many games because of defensive failure and have seen Nellie screaming at him too many times to believe that he is anything other than a poor man defender against the strong post men in NBA...not just the superstars.... to say that situationally he can be great at times...is more than fair....beyond that, I would say...thank God he is really tall.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:15 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
When he can actually catch a pass, he might do 1 of 4 things.
1) dribble the ball of his foot
2) turn the ball over with a bad pass
3) miss a dunk/get blocked
4) make a wide-open set shot.

25% success rate is not what we need offensively.
a very unintelligent breakdown of bradley's offensive game
Old 10-31-2003, 12:18 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

[quote]
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
He's certainly not an all NBA man-to-man defender by any means, but he's better than average for a big man. Look how Yao abused Nene last night. Don't hear everyone saying that Nene is the worst post defender in the league.
LRB i would guess that in Denver they are talking about that..but why would we?

Old 10-31-2003, 12:18 PM   #31
kingrex
Platinum Member

My last post was a bit tongue in cheek, but I agree with all that sike brought out.

We're not saying he totally bites, but he is not a major minutes guy on this team. Use him well in certain situations. He is an asset on this team, but he is not near the player some of you believe he is.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:27 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
LRB i would guess that in Denver they are talking about that..but why would we?
No, they're not really railing on anyone for their defense on Yao.

and sike, ..what other options do the mavs have other than to play bradley 20-25 minutes per game?
Old 10-31-2003, 12:28 PM   #33
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
like I said kg, decent rebounder I'll agree to....does he shut down the "layup drill".....this is an absolute statement...remember the dunk highlight reel...for every dunk I'll bet there 5 layups....
See my post to kingrex below.

Quote:
but I don't hate the guy he is valuable when used correctly. the last sentence you wrote here I totally agree with...one of the best things you can say about Shawn "Shawn is not a star, but he's the most valuable role player on the team...." great to hear you say....
See my post to kingrex below.

Quote:
2. kg, do you consider Bradley "a damn good" rebounder...I would not want to misunderstand you here, you are saying that right?!...don't hide behind this stat...do think he is?!...
Was my post difficult to read? He's not a dominant rebounder, but his rebounding production in the minutes he's given is pretty damn good, yes.

Quote:
3. its nice to know that from "time to time" he gives the stars trouble...but what about the other guys? I am not going to go digging up all the stats....
Don't worry. I dug up the stats for you. See my post to kingrex below.

Quote:
but I have seen him screw up enough and be screwed by guys other than just the "great ones" as you say...and I've seen him be removed from too many games because of defensive failure and have seen Nellie screaming at him too many times to believe that he is anything other than a poor man defender against the strong post men in NBA...not just the superstars.... to say that situationally he can be great at times...is more than fair....beyond that, I would say...thank God he is really tall.
I can only surmise that you don't watch much more than the highlights.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:31 PM   #34
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
I think I CAN make an argument for him to get more than 15 minutes per game.

Last year, when Shawn Bradley played 22 or more minutes per game, the Mavericks were 35-5, and they held opponents to 42.2% FG shooting. When Shawn Bradley played fewer than 22 minutes per game, the Mavericks were 25-17 and allowed 45.2% FG shooting.

I think that's a pretty damn good argument to put Shawn in for at least half the game.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:34 PM   #35
kingrex
Platinum Member

kg. Like you I watch the entire game, and make my assessment on a player of the span of his career and not just this top 10 reel.

I don't think we can change each others opinion about Bradley. You have a higher opinion of him than I do. I can accept that, but there is a reason he won't get lots of minutes this year, and it's not only because we now have a big 5 rather than a big 3.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:36 PM   #36
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i think the reason shawn isnt playing is that they are trying to rest up his knee and use him for spot minutes until its fully healed. i remember nellie saying shawn was only about 75% heading into the regular season.

i dont think its indicative that shawn isnt going to get minutes this year.

why all the complaining about whether or not shawn is a liability on offense? who cares? you put any 4 of the big 5 out there and it doesnt matter if you have a 50 yr old grandmother playing the 5th spot, more than likely the mavs are going to score.

everybody just talks about his goofiness on offense, but then they talk out of the other side of the mouth about the need for defense.

defense, meet shawn bradley.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
kg. Like you I watch the entire game, and make my assessment on a player of the span of his career and not just this top 10 reel.

I don't think we can change each others opinion about Bradley. You have a higher opinion of him than I do. I can accept that, but there is a reason he won't get lots of minutes this year, and it's not only because we now have a big 5 rather than a big 3.
Thank you for ignoring the deafening statistics.

When Shawn plays significant minutes, the Mavericks are almost a lock to win. When he doesn't, they struggle.

Another way of looking at the stats I posted above is this: If the Mavs hadn't played Shawn 22 or more mpg at all last season, they'd have struggled to get to 50 wins. If they had played him 22 or more mpg every game last season, they might have won 70.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:38 PM   #38
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Aex, I think you're right, and I sure hope you are. Dallas has a lot harder time winning without him than with him.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:38 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

Yes, there is a reason..although it has little to do with production. Nellie would rather have an additional scorer on the court....regardless of what impact it has on the defense
Old 10-31-2003, 12:42 PM   #40
kingrex
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:

Yes, there is a reason..although it has little to do with production. Nellie would rather have an additional scorer on the court....regardless of what impact it has on the defense
Having an additional scorer equals more offensive production. I agree Bradley will add a shot blocking element on defense, but the offensive productivity will basically be like having 4.5 guys on the floor. So, Bradley's lack of minutes does have everything to do with production.