Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2003, 10:31 PM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default My set rotation

I would like to see a set rotation to start the season. With all our new players a set rotation will help ease the transition. So here is the rotation I would like to see if I was running the team.

Starting:
Nash
Fin
Walker
Dirk
Fortson

at the 7 minute mark I bring in Jamison for Fortson. This will bring our running game up a notch and will get the other team running up and down the court.

At the 4 minute mark I bring in Bradley for Walker, Best for Nash and Howard for Finley. Just when the other team is caught up with running with us, I bring in Bradley to guard the hoop, plus the rangy Howard and Best at Point guard. I like this lineup because Bradley is back to protect the hoop in an up and down game plus you have Jamison, Howard and Dirk running the wings. It is a very quick team that could really capitlize on any of Bradley's blocks getting out on the break. I would prefer to have Nash in there, but this is a good time to rest him. Plus Best, Howard and Bradley can all grow familar with each other because they will be playing similar minutes.

At the start of the second quarter, I have Best, Howard, Jamison, Walker, and Bradley. I Give Dirk time to rest between quarters plus 4 minutes into the second quarter.

At the 8 minute mark, I bring back Dirk for Bradley, Nash for Best, and Finley for Howard. I play this lineup for the remainder of the half. I have Walker at the elbow with a combination of Dirk and Nash or Jamson playing a two man game on the block. I really push the tempo up in this second period.

In the second half, I copy the first half moves. Although if Bradley is playing inspired ball he could get more minutes in the 4th. Although if Bradley is not playing inspired he will lose most of his minutes in the second and forth quarters.

In this lineup, Delk loses his minutes. I use Najara how the Bulls used Jud Buechlor in their glory days. If I need an energy burst I throw Najara in there for some burst. Fortson would start out both halves and bang the opposing center to start the game. Once the the pace speeds up after the first few minutes I bring Jamison in for him and Forston doesn'g get back in.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote