Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Vick fell awkwardly after first-quarter tackle

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick fractured his right fibula and was taken off the field on a cart Saturday night during an exhibition game against Baltimore, ESPN has learned.

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports that according to his sources, Vick is likely to be out at least six weeks with his fractured fibula.

Vick was chased out of the pocket on a third-down play late in the first quarter and was tackled by Adalius Thomas. Vick fell awkwardly on his right leg, and grabbed it even before he fell all the way to the ground.

Thomas, after briefly celebrating the tackle, came back over to check on Vick, and several of Vick's teammates also kneeled over him. When it was apparent that he was hurt, a hush came over the crowd at the Georgia Dome.

After he was looked at by the medical staff for about five minutes, Vick got up with some help and limped a couple of steps to the cart. He was wheeled to the locker room amid a standing ovation.

X-rays were taken, but the results weren't immediately known.

Vick got off to a rough start against the Ravens, getting sacked on the first play and throwing an interception on the next one. He finished 0-for-4, and rushed for 8 yards.

He made the Pro Bowl last season in his first full season as a starter and set three NFL records for rushing by a quarterback.

Old 08-16-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Vick fell awkwardly after first-quarter tackle

might be a real lucky break for the boys
Old 08-16-2003, 09:51 PM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

no PUN intended [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
Unlucky for fantasy football GM's who picked Vick. I hope he gets well soon.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:09 PM   #5
Just211
Platinum Member

i hope he's well by week 2
Old 08-16-2003, 10:24 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:

Lol who didn't pick Vick? Man he is out for about 6 weeks they say which will turn into 5 weeks of the NFL. Horrible news for the Falcons.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:15 PM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Unbelievable. I was just saying to my dad, why the hell do we have to get the Falcons the first week, when the news came on about his injury. My dad just started laughing. I never wish injury on any player so I just wish him full speedy second week recovery.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:47 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Vick fractured his fibula and will be out for at least 6 weeks. I am betting it will be a tad longer.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:53 PM   #9
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

That is too bad and this is coming from a die hard Cowboy fan. I had the chance last season to travel with the Falcons to a game against the Saints. I got to fly with the team, take the team bus and stand on the field. It was a blast. I watched Vick especially close. He has this aura about him that just rubs off on his teammates. I hope he can get himself well. On my Direct TV sunday ticket the Falcons were my second favorite team to watch after my boys.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:01 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I liked watching him. He is arguably the most exciting player in the NFL today.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:04 AM   #11
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Quote:
I was able to pick up Doug Johnson last night as a trade bait [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #12
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Vick fractured his fibula and will be out for at least 6 weeks. I am betting it will be a tad longer.
I agree Doc...I would think he'll be out longer too. Why rush him back, he's so young, there's no reason to get him back quickly just to have him suffer a more serious injury.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote