Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think Evans finally got his answer after wondering for years about whether cavemen have Genitalia.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #42
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

NBA Investigates Kaman Incident

By Jason Reid
Times Staff Writer

May 1, 2006

The NBA is investigating an incident in Saturday's 100-86 victory in Game 4 that led to center Chris Kaman's being assessed a flagrant foul.

The foul was called with 8 minutes 45 seconds remaining in the second quarter when Kaman shoved Denver forward Reggie Evans.

Kaman said he told referees that Evans grabbed his testicles and "pulled hard," and repeated his account in an interview Sunday with an NBA security official.

TV replays appeared to indicate Evans put his hand under Kaman's shorts as they battled for position near the basket.

"I told [the NBA] in complete detail what happened," Kaman said. "The three refs also knew what happened."

Kaman, who played despite being slowed by a viral illness, said he considered punching Evans.

"With what we're trying to do, I didn't want to get thrown out," he said. "I thought about it, but I knew what would happen.

"One of the refs said he would have knocked [him] out. It was crazy."

The Clippers were surprised by Evans' actions, to say the least.

"When I saw it on TV, it was like, 'Wow,' " 13-year veteran Sam Cassell said. "I asked the referees about it at halftime, and Jess Kersey, who has been in the league for [29] years, said he's never seen anything like it.

"You know what, Reggie is a good guy. I think he just lost it for a minute."
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
or at least breakfast
Hahaha... Hilarious!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #44
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I just saw this for the first time in the TNT post game highlights...

That is just CRAZY... They interviewed Kaman and he just said "He grabbed my nuts... We can say it... He grabbed my nuts"

Hilarious!
That interview was great! I was laughing so hard. I watched it a few times and then ran in the bedroom and made my husband watch it a few times (I love TIVO!). Kaman doesn't seem like the big lughead I always assumed he was. He kept his cool pretty much after that. I think a lot of guys would have beat the crap out of a dude violating you like that. It impresses me that he reacted and then stepped back and thought about the good of his team over his balls. (that made me feel dirty)

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #45
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Ha Ha! Michael Smith on Around the Horn just said that Reggie Evans should be black-balled for his actions! Funny stuff!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #46
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO. Thanks for brightening up my day. That was hilarious.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is too good to give up on.

how about this: many players go back to school or finish degrees while in the NBA. Evans was just practicing for his proctology exam.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #48
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

My my......it seems the league is getting a little "teste" over this issue.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-01-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

I wonder if Evans could work on a Tickle Me Elmo assembly line.

I hear they have to give each Elmo two "test tickles" before they are sold.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Many players are a little tough to get along with but Evans is just anal.

I've heard hands across America but...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

Call me nuts but it looked like Evans was having a ball out there.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I think that when Evans moved to Denver no one educated him on the definition of a Rocky Mountain Oyster!

Never played in the Rocky's and never saw testicles when he was playing in Seattle.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-01-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #53
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Stooge Ackson strikes again.

For sexual battery, Evans receives a $10K fine, and a flagrant foul 2 assessed. But no suspension.

If Kobe weren't Exhibit A, it's clear the NBA doesn't take sexual assault seriously.

You're Nothin' But A token, Stooge.

Message sent: The next time a player takes a dirty shot at you, you better light him up in the heat of the moment because the league isn't gonna do jack.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 05-01-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

That's pretty lame. He should have been suspended.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The number 3 seed is about to get their rear-end kicked by the number 6 seed.

You like d'em apples stern?

Hell...he probably does now that I think about it, it gets two LATeams in the second round.

that sneaky bastard.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff Van Gundy should stay in broadcasting.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #57
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Jeff Van Gundy should stay in broadcasting.
Agreed. Then maybe the Rockets would finally realize that occasionally it's nice to play offense.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #58
dude1394
Guru

Well stern didn't do denver OR the grizzlies any favors.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #59
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Denver should be playing the Spurs so I don't think they can complain.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:14 AM   #60
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

They remind me of some of George's old Sonic teams... Didn't Denver pull off a major upset against a #1 seed Seattle back when Georgie boy was the coach? Anyone?
Old 05-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #61
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
The number 3 seed is about to get their rear-end kicked by the number 6 seed.
What about the possibility that the #1, #2, AND the #3 seed might not make it to the 2nd round?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:42 AM   #62
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I dont care if its an upset by seed-- its not. The 5th seed bombed so they could be 6th, and play the 8th seed in the first round. No team would choose the 2nd seed over the 8th seed. Especially one that is struggling.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 AM   #63
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Call me nuts but it looked like Evans was having a ball out there.
lol lmao

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:08 AM   #64
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
What about the possibility that the #1, #2, AND the #3 seed might not make it to the 2nd round?
That would be awesome.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-02-2006, 02:09 AM   #65
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
this thread is too good to give up on.

how about this: many players go back to school or finish degrees while in the NBA. Evans was just practicing for his proctology exam.

LOL, funny how Evans goes after one of the ugliest players in the league, what a loser lol

Old 05-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #66
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Here's the whole TNT thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFcinlrgojk&search=kaman

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #67
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
I seriously think that this segment should be up for the funniest 2 minutes and 34 seconds on television. Ever.

"This is nuts!" Hahaha...

Last edited by orangedays; 05-03-2006 at 01:19 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #68
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Default Bill Simmons on Reggie "Nut Grabber" Evans:

Quote:
Reggie Evans. The definition of a terrible contract run in the playoffs: Not only did Evans fail to emerge from a three-man rotation that includes Eduardo Najera and Francisco Elson, he guaranteed himself a lifetime of "NUT GRABBER!" shouts and insults after that whole Chris Kaman grabbing-the-crotch-from-behind debacle, which the league apparently decided NOT to suspend him for because it was so over-the-top weird that they just wanted it to go away as fast as possible. Well, it's not going away. At the Clippers game on Monday night, at least five different people in my section held up bags of nuts and screamed at him any time he was within 20 feet. And that's his career for the next 10 years. He's the Nut Grabber. Welcome to hell, Reggie Evans. Welcome to hell.
Reggie is more of an Almond Joy type guy.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #69
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Reggie is more of an Almond Joy type guy.
nice
Old 05-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #70
Drbio
Banned

Reggie Evans announced today that he has launched a new website in his effort to apologize for his recent "indiscretion".

Enjoy.

http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/of...theater.com%2F
Old 05-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #71
Drbio
Banned

Click below for an important word regarding how you should fondle your testicles.

http://www.computerpranks.com/downlo...iclecancer.wmv

Last edited by Drbio; 05-05-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #72
Drbio
Banned

I heard that Reggie Evans has been trying to get away from all this publicity. Feeling sorry for him, Carmelo took him to the golf course for some relaxation. Sadly, it was reported today that Reggie fell off the ball washer.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #73
Drbio
Banned

We've cluttered this thread enough. I am going to start a Reggie Evans tribute thread. Stay tuned.