Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-30-2003, 01:28 AM   #81
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Fantasy Basketball Leagues 2003-2004

No, there are 10. Your position remains status quo. If you get the 1 pick, you also get the 11th, 21st, ect
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #82
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fantasy Basketball Leagues 2003-2004

oh that sucks bad

i would not agree to take part in a darft like that. the last pick gets screwed.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:39 AM   #83
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I don't think owners should be able to veto trades just because they think the trade will help one of their competitors. If both owners agree to a trade, then it should go through. The veto should be used for trades that appear to be intentionally making the game unfair - for instance a guy who trades all his good players to his friend after it becomes obvious he has no chance to win.

Owners probably don't like a lot of the trades that are made, but that shouldn't matter. If every trade is contested like we've seen in the Dallas-mavs.com league, there would be no trades and the league would not be any fun. The commish should step in and appove the contested deal immediately.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:43 AM   #84
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I don't think owners should be able to veto trades just because they think the trade will help one of their competitors. If both owners agree to a trade, then it should go through. The veto should be used for trades that appear to be intentionally making the game unfair - for instance a guy who trades all his good players to his friend after it becomes obvious he has no chance to win. Owners probably don't like a lot of the trades that are made, but that shouldn't matter. If every trade is contested like we've seen in the Dallas-mavs.com league, there would be no trades and the league would not be any fun. The commish should step in and appove the contested deal immediately.
Madape... talk to Nash about that. He sent me an e-mail asking me to do that. He said he didn't know what he was thinking. It is my policy that if both owners agree to a trade I will wait 24 hours for any protests, if I receive none I approve the trade(assuming that it appears both sides are getting value).

The ONLY reason that trade was vetoed was because one of the owners that HAD agreed to it asked me to veto it.

I have vetoed two trades this season. Both of the vetoes were because one of the owners involved in the trade asked me to do so.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:48 AM   #85
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

-edit-
Old 10-31-2003, 10:01 AM   #86
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Fari enough. I didn't know it was the other owner that vetoed. I thought is was one of those things where the owners voted it down.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:02 AM   #87
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Fari enough. I didn't know it was the other owner that vetoed. I thought is was one of those things where the owners voted it down.
If I receive a protest from another owner, the two owners involved in the trade will get an e-mail about the protest and you will have a chance for rebuttal. I have been in leagues where the Commish was a gastapo and know that is no fun. I am all about the fun.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:06 PM   #88
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Wasn't here this morning. U2 is right. Ape, once i took a look at the trade, it was extremely lop-sided. Although i still want to make a deal with you.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 05:23 PM   #89
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

once his friends told him it was lop-sided. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 11:58 PM   #90
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

BBL, Gasol/Butler for O'Neal/Murphy/Bradley is lop-sided. That's not the last trade i will propose.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 11-02-2003, 01:48 AM   #91
madape
Diamond Member

Yeah. Thanks for proposing a trade to me involving Shawn Bradley, vetoing it after I accept, and then trading away Shawn Bradley to another team the next day.

Congrats to EvilMav, the winner in the race for Shawn Bradley. I can't say it was a fair win, though.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:52 AM   #92
Nash13
Diamond Member

Hopefully that won't affect any future deals.

~The Salesman
Old 11-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #93
Nash13
Diamond Member

Ape, i promise i won't go back on this one.

As of Nov 5th, my lineup will consist of:

Stephon Maubury
Bonzi Wells
Antawn Jamison
Tyson Chandler
Antonio Davis
Dajuan Wagner
Maciej Lampe
Chris Bosh
Richard Hamilton
Ron Mercer
Ilgauskas, Zydrunas
Darko Milicic
Antonio Daniels

~The Salesman
Old 11-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #94
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

You have to allow vetoing of trades I think. Otherwise you get a situation where someone loses interest
and doesn't want to play anymore, so they trade all their good players to one team, so all their
crap players.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:20 PM   #95
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
You have to allow vetoing of trades I think. Otherwise you get a situation where someone loses interest
and doesn't want to play anymore, so they trade all their good players to one team, so all their
crap players.
That is one of the most important reasons for a veto. If you have a rogue owner dumping his players. I have never had to do that as a commisioner (thankfully).
Old 11-03-2003, 09:27 AM   #96
madape
Diamond Member

Right, it should be up to the commissioner, not the owners. The owners, of course, are competitive. If a trade helps any of their opponents out, it makes sense to veto. Since all trades help out at least one team, everyone should veto everything. That ends trading activity and makes the league less fun.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:45 AM   #97
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I keep forgetting to change my team before ever night's game, it's screwing me!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:51 AM   #98
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Right, it should be up to the commissioner, not the owners. The owners, of course, are competitive. If a trade helps any of their opponents out, it makes sense to veto. Since all trades help out at least one team, everyone should veto everything. That ends trading activity and makes the league less fun.
Only the commisioner or the owners involved can veto a trade. Owners not involved in the trade can protest the trade, which sends an e-mail to the commisioner with the protest.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #99
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
I keep forgetting to change my team before ever night's game, it's screwing me!
You can set your lineups for weeks in advance. When you set today's lineups, click on Tuesday Nov. 4th. and then set your lineup for tomrrows game. You can continue to do this until the end of the season if you like, however if you do any player movement (trade, add/drop) you will have to do it all over again. But if you think you will be set with your lineup for the rest of the year, you can do it now and never have to log in again. That would be no fun, but it is theoretically possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 09:55 AM   #100
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks a lot u2, I did not know that....
Old 11-03-2003, 11:29 AM   #101
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Week 1 standings:

1 The U2Sarajevo 9-2-2 .769 -
2 Tide of Evil 9-3-1 .731 0.5
3 The BrAdLeYs (Cuz) 7-3-3 .654 1.5
4 Gorilla Warriors 8-4-1 .654 1.5
5 Big Papas 7-4-2 .615 2
6 fah q 6-5-2 .538 3
7 Digglin 5-6-2 .462 4
8 The Socks 4-7-2 .385 5
9 RobertDowney Juniors 4-8-1 .346 5.5
10 the PFuzzballs 3-7-3 .346 5.5
11 DiabolicalFanatix 3-9-1 .269 6.5
12 Dallas Mavericks 2-9-2 .231 7

We have the top 2 teams playing head to head this week. Evil, may God have mercy on your soul. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I compared the totals from last week and had we played then you would have won 6-5. Should be fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Week 1 results:

The U2Sarajevo (u2sarajevo) 9
Dallas Mavericks (The Nash) 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tide of Evil (evilmav) 9
DiabolicalFanatix (MavsFanatix) 3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the PFuzzballs(PFuzz) 3
The BrAdLeYs (Cuz) 7
RobertDowney Juniors(Bad Egg) 4
Gorilla Warriors(madape) 8
fah q 6
Digglin (ocelot_ark) 5
Big Papas (steponhens) 7
The Socks(one long blue sock) 4
Old 11-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #102
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

wait, nash propsed the trade, then vetoed it? not cool.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:56 PM   #103
Nash13
Diamond Member

I made a better trade with Ape and Evil which landed me Bonzi Wells, Rip Hamilton, and Tyson Chandler.

~The Salesman
Old 11-03-2003, 06:02 PM   #104
madape
Diamond Member

I am not happy with losing Tyson Chandler at all. I have a feeling he's going to f*ck some sh*t up this year. He's my dark horse candidate to lead the NBA in blocks, and it's possible that he'll average around 12-14 boards a game.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:29 PM   #105
Nash13
Diamond Member

Well, he's leading the league at this moment averaging 18rpg, but they've only played 3 games. I wouldn't rule it out.

I'm probably going to miss Murphy when he comes back.

~The Salesman
Old 11-03-2003, 10:57 PM   #106
madape
Diamond Member

Chandler had a sub-average game tonight with 17 boards in the blowout loss to Houston. Whew! I was beginning to think I made a bad trade. I knew Chandler wouldn't be able to keep up his early season pace of 18 a night.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:43 PM   #107
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We have the top 2 teams playing head to head this week. Evil, may God have mercy on your soul. I compared the totals from last week and had we played then you would have won 6-5. Should be fun.
Yeah, but I have been missing Elton Brand, Jamal Mashburn, Nick Van Exel, and Dwayne Wade. You are missing WallyWorld. Injuries are hurting, hurting, hurting me...
Old 11-05-2003, 09:46 AM   #108
madape
Diamond Member

Well, at least you no longer have to worry about Mashburn. I guess you'll be paying attention to the Kobe trial instead.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:20 PM   #109
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Quick question... what is the difference between the utility players and the players on the bench?
Old 11-08-2003, 05:24 PM   #110
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, at least you no longer have to worry about Mashburn. I guess you'll be paying attention to the Kobe trial instead.
Well I just picked up Stackhouse, so he can sit in the Mashburn IL slot for a while...
Old 11-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #111
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Quick question... what is the difference between the utility players and the players on the bench?

Bench players don't provide you with any stats, while Utility players do. If you are playing a daily game, it is pretty important to make sure your key contributers actually play their games for you...
Old 11-08-2003, 05:47 PM   #112
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

I guess what i meant to ask was do the utility players receive as much points as the position players? In my old fantasy leagues there was 5 starting at a time, no G and F and extra C spot, and no utilities...
Old 11-09-2003, 11:55 PM   #113
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

is anyone else having injury problems like mine. this is totally freakin rediculous.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:05 AM   #114
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
is anyone else having injury problems like mine. this is totally freakin rediculous.
You can put a player on IR and select a replacement without having to drop anyone. Unfortunately you can only put one player on IR. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 12:10 AM   #115
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

so i'm stuck with the other 3 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 12:14 AM   #116
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
so i'm stuck with the other 3 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
No... you can drop them and replace them with a Free Agent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 12:19 AM   #117
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

I'll really strike fear in the hearts of my opponents once I drop Tim Duncan and Tony Parker for Brendan Haywood and Charlie Ward [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 12:23 AM   #118
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I'll really strike fear in the hearts of my opponents once I drop Tim Duncan and Tony Parker for Brendan Haywood and Charlie Ward [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Yeah.... those I would keep. Although I'd trade you Iverson for Duncan/Parker? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 12:28 AM   #119
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

how about Parker/K-Mart for Iverson?

Old 11-10-2003, 12:29 AM   #120
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
how about Parker/K-Mart for Iverson?
Don't think I'd do that one. If I could Kobe you out of Duncan and Parker I'd pull the trigger.