Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what is DH?

ohhhhhhhh that show.....you woman!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 01-10-2006 at 11:28 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I never liked Rocky Horror Picture Show or whatever it's called. I just couldn't watch it... It was..boring.

Anyways, am I the only one that watches Little House on the Prairie.? Surely the rest of you have discovered the greatness of this classic.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #43
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I never liked Rocky Horror Picture Show or whatever it's called. I just couldn't watch it... It was..boring.

Anyways, am I the only one that watches Little House on the Prairie.? Surely the rest of you have discovered the greatness of this classic.
No, we're down with that as well, Murph. TV Land, every night at 7 pm.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:34 PM   #44
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

you old geezers...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #45
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
This post is off topic, but this thread has kind of gone off topic....

If anyone saw DH this week, can you not believe there was no media attention? I remember a few years back there was uproar about a lesbian kiss(can't remember the show, maybe Ellen?), and then on Sunday night they show two teenage boys kissing..... like not just a peck either. It was disgusting.

(hides because now everyone knows that I watch this trash TV, but I have to blame this one on my wife)

Didn't MTV create a channel for homosexuals?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #46
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Didn't MTV create a channel for homosexuals?
Somebody did. It's called Bravo.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #47
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
nice.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #48
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

actually, if you have directv, you already have a homosexual channel. LOGO. have wandered by there to see a few concerts.

i'm a food network fan, too. emeril, alton, and that little, cute, annoying italian chick that does "everyday italian". i also check out three cooking shows on pbs - america's test kitchen, lidia's family table, and rick bayliss's mexican show (don't remember the name).

no desperate housewives for me. my tivo schedule is overloaded enough as it is.

i will go see brokeback mountain. i seem to be a little more open-minded than most on this board, i guess. seeing homosexual behavior on tv or the big screen doesn't faze me. why? well, because its a reflection of life, good or bad. to each his own. as soon as my house is in order, i'll go try to straigthen up someone else's.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #49
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel Ray, Giada (the cute Italian chic ), Tyler Florence, Bobby Flay, Paula Deen....they're all great. Emeril really beats me to death and his audience is a bunch of lemmings, but the network wouldn't be there without him.

My favorite is still Iron Chef..the original. I've been watching that thing for years. I've probably seen all of them at least twice. I love Chairman Kaga, the commentating, the subtitles, the overdubbing, and the actual food is hysterical sometimes. I even dig the Backdraft theme music. When me and my mom watch it together, there's one judge that's an older lady, we always refer to her has "The Old Bitch" (not in a malicious way, of course). I realize that probably doesn't sound funny to anyone else, you just have to be there

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-10-2006 at 01:35 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #50
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
as soon as my house is in order, i'll go try to straigthen up someone else's.
very good thought. I like that. I try not to judge, but 'tis human nature. and according to the Bible (which I TRY to follow) judging is a sin just as homosexuality or premarital sex. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

anywho, I used to love Little House on the Prairie. I don't so much anymore. I think it is because I watched it ALL the time growing up. I also can't do the food channel. It makes me too hungry. However, when my nephew was six he was obsessed with it! One day my sis-in-law was getting the kids ready to go. She called to him to put his shoes on and he replied, "Hold on. I gotta see how they cook this chicken!" He was six! How cute! =)

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut
actually, if you have directv, you already have a homosexual channel. LOGO. have wandered by there to see a few concerts.

i'm a food network fan, too. emeril, alton, and that little, cute, annoying italian chick that does "everyday italian". i also check out three cooking shows on pbs - america's test kitchen, lidia's family table, and rick bayliss's mexican show (don't remember the name).

no desperate housewives for me. my tivo schedule is overloaded enough as it is.

i will go see brokeback mountain. i seem to be a little more open-minded than most on this board, i guess. seeing homosexual behavior on tv or the big screen doesn't faze me. why? well, because its a reflection of life, good or bad. to each his own. as soon as my house is in order, i'll go try to straigthen up someone else's.
I'll definitely see Brokeback Mountain. But hey, I reserve the right to make fun of homosexuals just as much as I make fun of heterosexuals.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #52
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
So that makes it two: Bravo and MTV. The amount of gay programming on that channel is disproportionate to the percentage of gay people in planet.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #53
shelleylovinmavs

shelleylovinmavs is on a distinguished road

It's so funny that its a "deviant lifestyle" with two guys. If it were two girls, you guys would be all over it.
shelleylovinmavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #54
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... so much to reply to, here...

Bravo - suck

MTV - suck

Housewives - never watched a minute of it, but Eva Longoria, yeah.

Little House on the Prarie - torturously bad

Rachel Ray trying to look sexy - puke

Giada the italian cook on FoodTV - hot

Emeril's audience - dumb

Emeril's cooking - good

Bobby Flay - only 'cause I love BBQ so much

The chairman crap on Iron Chef - makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Just cook. I hate the guy and his "nephew" on the American version. Love watching them cook on the American one, though.

shellylovinmavs last post - suck. If for some reason you dig checking out two dudes from an erotic standpoint, okay, whatever blows your hair back. Same goes for two girls. Thinking that something has visual appeal is FAR different from supporting the lifestyle.

gayness as a "part of life, good or bad" (mnmpeanut's post) - yes, but I think most people will agree that the exposure given to gay lifestyles in entertainment media -- not simply being homosexual, but gay lifestyles and trying desperately to make them look normal -- is far greater than in the real world. Not saying it doesn't exist.. but it's not everywhere, either. Problem is, the creative minds behind TV, movies, etc all live in cultural echo chambers on the coasts.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

LHotP...-absolute greatness
Eva Longoria -torturously overrated
Rachel Ray - not that bad
TheCooking Network or whatever the hell most of you are talking about - boring as hell.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #56
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Eva Longoria -torturously overrated

It drives me so crazy everytime she is mentioned in a Spurs game. She really isn't all that good looking.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #57
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I don't care to see the movie. I feel weird about watching people have sex. I didn't appreciate the sex scenes in Sideways either (last movie I saw).

We have 8 televisions, and most of them are tuned to whatever game we're watching at the moment. If we have interest in more than one at a time, then we might flip back and forth or go to separate rooms. The Side Room is really cool, and sometimes I have to wressle him for the rights to it.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #58
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Smiles has a Side room?

(cue the song Psycho.... "In my Sideroom.....")
Old 01-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #59
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Mr. Smiles has a Side Room, but he has to share it now!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #60
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Does it have a big screen and a recliner?
Old 01-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #61
Smiles
Diamond Member

It's not all that big of a screen. I'll have to measure it. He wants a new one, but how many TVs can a body own?! We just bought a flat screen for the kitchen - Merry Christmas to me!

It's a leather sofa instead of recliner - fits 2 of us better. He doesn't like recliners. Isn't that odd?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #62
sike
The Preacha

still have not seen it....it got a ton of Oscar noms...

Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM   #63
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I should have known you would bump (and grind) this thread.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:57 PM   #64
sike
The Preacha

that made me laugh....(between grinds of course)

Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 PM   #65
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

ARGHHHH...WHEN WILL THE GAY JOKES STOP??!!!

(Never...I hope...)
Old 01-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #66
sike
The Preacha

If I were a mod....I'd have locked this thread long ago...to keep pervs like sexy and that other guy from tainting (I worked taint into the post) the integrity of this fine film!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #67
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
If I were a mod....I'd have locked this thread long ago...to keep pervs like sexy and that other guy from tainting (I worked taint into the post) the integrity of this fine film!
if you were a hall of fame quarterback, your name would be Fran Taintington...
Old 02-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #68
sike
The Preacha

if you were the bassist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers your nickname would be flea-taint

Old 02-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #69
XERXES
Diamond Member

If you played football in New Orleans, you'd play for the Saints...oops...I mean Taints!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #70
sike
The Preacha

If you were a U.S. Prez you'd be George Washingtaint

Old 02-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #71
XERXES
Diamond Member

Monet and Van Gogh are two of your favorite Tainters.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #72
sike
The Preacha

Agustine and Patrick are your two favorite taints

Old 02-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #73
XERXES
Diamond Member

If you were the Lone Ranger's sidekick, your name would be Tainto!!!

(call me butter...b/c I'm on a roll)
Old 02-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #74
sike
The Preacha

If you were syrup you’d be Taint Jemima

Old 02-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #75
XERXES
Diamond Member

If you were a jolly Christmas giftgiver, you'd be Taint Nick!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:59 AM   #76
sike
The Preacha

if you were a sign that I would ignore...you'd read "Wet Taint"

......ouch!!!!!!!!! burn!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 01:17 AM   #77
XERXES
Diamond Member

Taco bell is your favorite ResTAINTraunt
Old 02-01-2006, 01:25 AM   #78
sike
The Preacha

^^^ the old mans losing it....

His Favorite Val Kilmer is "The Taint"

Old 02-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #79
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What is it exactly those cowboys do that they break their backs?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 AM   #80
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
What is it exactly those cowboys do that they break their backs?
Ask Sike...he wrote the review in enterTAINTment weekly!!!

plus, he's sort of an expert on the subject.