Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default The Bailout Symbol

Perhaps we can take a look at politics through humor and find the things that happen a bit more tolerable as we wait for an opportunity to vote in some change.

Here's one that I received via e-mail and found a friend who posted it on his social network blog...

92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is Kevin Spacey approved!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to have a laugh, grab a box of condoms, head to the counter, and ask where you can find the fitting room.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

^^ LMAO
Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Perhaps we can take a look at politics through humor and find the things that happen a bit more tolerable as we wait for an opportunity to vote in some change.

Here's one that I received via e-mail and found a friend who posted it on his social network blog...

Hahaha! That's freaking great man!

P.S.: I am glad to see that you are willing to criticize Bush's administration as you do Obama's. I might be a bit more inclined to read more of your posts now.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
92bDad
Platinum Member

Nobody's perfect...including President Bush!!!

But obviously, my loyalty is based on issues and topics that are typically considered Right Wing Conservative.

Unfortunately, that in of itself is a label and thus is rather challenging to hit things one item at a time.

What I believe were strengths of President Bush are also perhaps the most critical of his presidency.

Basically, I believe that he made National Defense his #1 priority...anything else was outweighed by his desire to keep us safe. Thus the Democrats used that against him...but in a rather clever way. They knew what he wanted in terms of money for military and any other support needs in terms of National Defense...thus they negotiated other aspects that cost President Bush in terms of Economics...basically overspending on other projects, which he continuously caved to the Democrats in order to ensure that the troops remained supported as needed.

Now this over spending played a part in our current crisis.

Now I will give credit to President Bush in that he tried to do something about the impending housing crisis, but Democrats were unwilling to listen and again President Bush caved as he remained focused on the War on Terror.

I believe the President Bush understood all to well what we are fighting, while I believe Democrats have been so hungry for power that they manipulated the Bush Administration to the point of nearly bankrupting the nation.

However I will criticize Bush for utilizing what he new was a bad thing, spinning it as positive and using it in his 2004 campaign...He openly campaigned how Home Ownership had increased under his Presidency. Although it had, he knew then that it was a bubble that was about to burst, yet he used it as a Campaign positive rather than stay away from the issue.

No doubt, had he warned America publicly...he would have lost the election...so perhaps it was good campaign strategy...but still something about it rubs me the wrong way.

So again, overspending under President Bush was a problem...so if it's a criticism of the Bush Administration...what do we call the Vast OverSpending of the Obama administration?

I absolutely do NOT trust anything that comes from the Democratic party, to include its main communications agents...the Media!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I absolutely do NOT trust anything that comes from the Democratic party, to include its main communications agents...the Media!!!
True that.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nobody's perfect...including President Bush!!!

But obviously, my loyalty is based on issues and topics that are typically considered Right Wing Conservative.

Unfortunately, that in of itself is a label and thus is rather challenging to hit things one item at a time.

What I believe were strengths of President Bush are also perhaps the most critical of his presidency.

Basically, I believe that he made National Defense his #1 priority...anything else was outweighed by his desire to keep us safe. Thus the Democrats used that against him...but in a rather clever way. They knew what he wanted in terms of money for military and any other support needs in terms of National Defense...thus they negotiated other aspects that cost President Bush in terms of Economics...basically overspending on other projects, which he continuously caved to the Democrats in order to ensure that the troops remained supported as needed.

Now this over spending played a part in our current crisis.

Now I will give credit to President Bush in that he tried to do something about the impending housing crisis, but Democrats were unwilling to listen and again President Bush caved as he remained focused on the War on Terror.

I believe the President Bush understood all to well what we are fighting, while I believe Democrats have been so hungry for power that they manipulated the Bush Administration to the point of nearly bankrupting the nation.

However I will criticize Bush for utilizing what he new was a bad thing, spinning it as positive and using it in his 2004 campaign...He openly campaigned how Home Ownership had increased under his Presidency. Although it had, he knew then that it was a bubble that was about to burst, yet he used it as a Campaign positive rather than stay away from the issue.

No doubt, had he warned America publicly...he would have lost the election...so perhaps it was good campaign strategy...but still something about it rubs me the wrong way.

So again, overspending under President Bush was a problem...so if it's a criticism of the Bush Administration...what do we call the Vast OverSpending of the Obama administration?

that's really funny. thanks for the laugh.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter, kryptonite warning