Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
stewartj

stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about
Default "Josh Howard Gives the Lowdown"

This is an interview with Howard from the Winston-Salem Chronicle. Howard talks about his image in the press and what he thinks about Avery:
"Josh: It’s a business. Everything coach Johnson taught me on the court is valuable to me. He taught me a lot about defense and being more patient on the court. Things kind of went wrong at the end of the season. I felt like he didn’t represent the team like he should’ve. I really wasn’t expecting him to be fired. But someone felt the same way I did, evidently."
Link

If we could trade Josh for Speedy and Josh Smith I'd still be for it, but I think his trade value and image are at a low right now. He's still an extremely useful player and his trade value should go up when play resumes. I see him, Stack, and the rest staying with the team until the trade deadline when we either make a push or blow it up.
stewartj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

cool read, thanks!
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't like this part, looked like a pity party or something.

Quote:
Josh: (Smiles.) Right. He’s back now. That’s another thing. I think Dallas is trying to help me out now. They are trying to do things to make me more comfortable. I appreciate them, even though it took five years for them to do that.

Anthony: (Laughs.) No doubt. I was just on the website looking at the banner and it had you, Dirk and Jason Kidd. You were first, though.

Josh: (Smiles.) Yeah. I’ve been there for five years now. Check my track record. I’ve done so many positive things. And that’s one of the things that I’ve always hung my had on. I’ve never been a negative person.
what's he talking about? 5 years to do what?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 07-31-2008 at 10:57 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What did he need help for?

Maybe he has more of a drug problem that we don't know about...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
What did he need help for?

Maybe he has more of a drug problem that we don't know about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU

?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

Get a coach he likes?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

To keep guys that get along and co-exist well in the locker room. aka his friends. or to get some help supporting Dirk.. You can't control what Josh gona do, yall crazy man!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

haha, You would think they could maybe crop homeboy some teeth in his mouth...maybe.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that picture just makes me burst out laughing, when i look at it.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I am disliking Josh more and more each day.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #12
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

I read this yesterday, and honestly I just want to get rid of him even more now. It's all me, me, me with this guy. They're trying to accomodate ME, they are trying to make ME comfortable. Does this guy think about anyone else? I've had it with this guy, he's stupid and it's clear he doesn't give two $hits about the team or anyone else but himself. We should have pulled the trigger on the Artest trade, at least Ron Ron cares about winning, no matter how crazy he may be. God I hope the FO moves this guy for someone like Josh Smith, because I've had enough of him.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

I totally confused. What did he need help with? Is he handicaped? Does he have to have 2 Playstations? The guy barely talks to anyone and when he does he makes dumb statements. I'll tell you what, I'll help his dumbass pack...
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He also said:
Quote:
Josh: It took me to the point to where it made me want to work harder. It let me see that a lot of people form an opinion about things they don’t even know about without asking the person that said it. It’s sad that the world is like that. I flipped it around and turned it into a positive. That’s my motivation now. I’m going to keep using it.
and:
Quote:
Josh: I’ve been working out. I took about two weeks off, and started right back with the new coach, Rick Carlisle. I’m excited. That’s the only word I can really say to describe how I feel about it. It’s a new opportunity with a new coach. And, we get a full season with Jason Kidd. We only had him for 29 games. With him being a future Hall of Famer you have to like our chances.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"With him being a future Hall of Famer you have to like our chances."

Of? (It is good to hear him say these things though)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He's basically a diva and needs to be coddled and be told "It's ok Josh, everything is going to be alllllllright!"
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #17
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan
I read this yesterday, and honestly I just want to get rid of him even more now. It's all me, me, me with this guy. They're trying to accomodate ME, they are trying to make ME comfortable. Does this guy think about anyone else? I've had it with this guy, he's stupid and it's clear he doesn't give two $hits about the team or anyone else but himself. We should have pulled the trigger on the Artest trade, at least Ron Ron cares about winning, no matter how crazy he may be. God I hope the FO moves this guy for someone like Josh Smith, because I've had enough of him.
Not so fast mate... I mean you have a point, JH does have a bit of a questionable character... ok He's a dumbass... BUT

Dumbassedness can be corrected.

Would you rather have
Dumbassedness:
"They're trying to help me out now...It took them 5 years..."

OR

Dumbassedness, Stupidity, wreckless behavior, and an unwillingness to change:
"People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed...I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto."

I think we as MFFL'ers have been spoiled on good character guys.. so much so that we take the benefit of good chemistry for granted and we're willing to risk it all sometimes...

Just a thought.

Last edited by erdubya; 07-31-2008 at 04:19 PM.
erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton
Not so fast mate...
are you British, Scottish, Irish, Australian, or a New Zealander?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
are you British, Scottish, Irish, Australian, or a New Zealander?
I'm sorry about him, cotton. He thinks he can moderate peoples nationalities as well now...

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-31-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

I just wanna know!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #21
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

haha... man I'm from D-Town USA, born and bred.... the 'Mate' just slipped out. lol

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #22
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Well, if you are not of native american offspring, you may still be from one of them.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #23
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Anyone ever wonder if JHo decided he would be the fall guy, and take one for the team, all just to get rid of Avery? From the timing of the birthday party, and the timing of the smoking admission, could it be that he actually was forcing the front office's hand on firing Avery? I don't think he actually wanted to get traded, maybe he only wanted to silence the little general. I don't know, but it is an interesting theory to think about.
This was taken from a post made by yours truly on 6-29-08 according to this thread (post#27).

Can I get some props or at least some positive rep for seeing the truth through all the BS at that point in time?

Last edited by Mavs Rule; 07-31-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really interested to see if Josh turns back into Josh this season under Rick.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 PM   #25
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I watch my full game videos from the 06 playoff run just so I can remember what Josh played like before he started playing like a complete jack ass.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Sometimes I watch my full game videos from the 06 playoff run just so I can remember what Josh played like before he started playing like a complete jack ass.
*triple sigh*

Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
seriously I hope rick has enough sense to bench his ass when he throws up 20 foot runners
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
seriously I hope rick has enough sense to bench his ass when he throws up 20 foot runners
I'm pretty sure we'll get the "new coach" best behavior from JHo...especially for the first quarter of the season...

Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #29
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

wow you guys are nuts. honestly. and i guess i wont use any "bad words" to hurt the ears of any kiddies cuz i got "punished" and was told to go to my room for that one a couple weeks back, but come on. i really can't believe that any single one of you would want ron on this team rather than a top 20 player. yes josh howard is a top 20 player period. and ron is a nut case who would maybe have ten games all season that makes us fans say "oh im glad we made that trade." as for josh smith, i can't be mad about people wanting him cuz outside of the mavs players, he and darius miles have been my favorite players for years and i feel he would be an invaluable addition to this team. his attitude, work ethic, and overall ability is sicc beyond sicc. but josh howard is an extremely extremely close second best player on this team, and we need him. he has never actually played poorly, so i dont know why in hell these comments are coming from. if it's about smoking weed, well i wish more people would speak their mind on that cuz im sure half the league smokes, and there is not one thing in this universe wrong with weed, but that's a topic for later i guess. my point is, you guys are so damn (hope i can say damn!) quick to want to change cuz since we basically got spoiled with a trip to the finals and then an insane and unexpected near-perfect regular season right after, i guess people think last year was a total bust. well the west is onyl getting better, and yes, now you asses will say "well then we need to improve" but getting ron for josh is not only going completely linear, but its getting horribly worse. so shut the hell up about letting josh go, or "helping him pack" or trading him or whatever. let him talk about him and only him, cause he is that good of a player to be able to do that, and he will always be a priceless part of this team. if i could retract the kidd trade instead, and have harris back, then we are talking. kidd sucks, he is only getting worse, and that was the worst change this team has seen in i dont know how long. and of course just to get a freaking marquee name in kidd and to see how freaking change would affect the team, the front office pulled the trigger on that. and if they do it to josh too, well then, i just hope dirk gets on the next plane outta dodge and leaves this mess behind. keep the damn player, he is amazing, and has a ton of years left in him, and please PLEASE shut the hell up about trading him. you guys are the least loyal and hastiest bunch of fools i have ever encountered on any fan site. i used to adore this place, and i still will always check it out, but this josh trade talk has got to stop.
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #30
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I agree with a lot of your points but I stopped reading because it was hurting my eyes. You might want to mix in a paragraph break.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:13 AM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199
wow you guys are nuts. honestly. and i guess i wont use any "bad words" to hurt the ears of any kiddies cuz i got "punished" and was told to go to my room for that one a couple weeks back, but come on. i really can't believe that any single one of you would want ron on this team rather than a top 20 player. yes josh howard is a top 20 player period. and ron is a nut case who would maybe have ten games all season that makes us fans say "oh im glad we made that trade." as for josh smith, i can't be mad about people wanting him cuz outside of the mavs players, he and darius miles have been my favorite players for years and i feel he would be an invaluable addition to this team. his attitude, work ethic, and overall ability is sicc beyond sicc. but josh howard is an extremely extremely close second best player on this team, and we need him. he has never actually played poorly, so i dont know why in hell these comments are coming from. if it's about smoking weed, well i wish more people would speak their mind on that cuz im sure half the league smokes, and there is not one thing in this universe wrong with weed, but that's a topic for later i guess. my point is, you guys are so damn (hope i can say damn!) quick to want to change cuz since we basically got spoiled with a trip to the finals and then an insane and unexpected near-perfect regular season right after, i guess people think last year was a total bust. well the west is onyl getting better, and yes, now you asses will say "well then we need to improve" but getting ron for josh is not only going completely linear, but its getting horribly worse. so shut the hell up about letting josh go, or "helping him pack" or trading him or whatever. let him talk about him and only him, cause he is that good of a player to be able to do that, and he will always be a priceless part of this team. if i could retract the kidd trade instead, and have harris back, then we are talking. kidd sucks, he is only getting worse, and that was the worst change this team has seen in i dont know how long. and of course just to get a freaking marquee name in kidd and to see how freaking change would affect the team, the front office pulled the trigger on that. and if they do it to josh too, well then, i just hope dirk gets on the next plane outta dodge and leaves this mess behind. keep the damn player, he is amazing, and has a ton of years left in him, and please PLEASE shut the hell up about trading him. you guys are the least loyal and hastiest bunch of fools i have ever encountered on any fan site. i used to adore this place, and i still will always check it out, but this josh trade talk has got to stop.
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #32
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #33
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

I am the Walrus!!
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #34
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow you guys are nuts. honestly. and i guess i wont use any "bad words" to hurt the ears of any kiddies cuz i got "punished" and was told to go to my room for that one a couple weeks back, but come on. i really can't believe that any single one of you would want ron on this team rather than a top 20 player. yes josh howard is a top 20 player period.
I stopped reading here. I got further than most though!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #35
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I actually continued on from there because I gave him a chance. Then I saw "kidd sucks", and went on with my life.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #36
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
wow you guys are nuts. .

I made it here.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #37
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
A very close 2nd best player? Apparently your smoking the same crap Josh is, because that is a ridiculous statement. Dirk is 10x the player Josh ever will be, Dirk is unselfish and a far more talented offensive threat. Not to mention he doesn't expect the entire franchise to get player in that he can party with in order to make him happy.

Josh was padding his stats this season, he was no longer the effective player we knew in 2006. Instead of drawing fouls inside and playing tough defence, he was chucking up mid range and long range jump shots and going through the motions on defence. Josh Howard should not be taking more shots than Dirk in any of our games, and he was taking 2-3 more shots than Dirk per game on a consistent basis. You see, Josh has become delusional, he has let the "Josh is underrated" talk get to his head, and become the SF versino of Mike James.

None of us are saying to trade Josh for garbage, that wouldn't be good. Even though I'm beginning to really dislike the guy, when used properly he can still be a huge asset for us. However, I don't think he is going to turn into the player he used to be in 06, he's let the praise get to his head, and there's no going back IMO. If a trade for someone like Josh Smith or a nice package gets offered for Josh Howard, we need to jump on it instead of buying into his cocky ass.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #38
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I agree with the general tone of xraided's post but he takes it too far. He's like the extremist wing of my party so I have to pretend he doesn't exist.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #39
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard was arrested for street racing?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #40
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dumbass...

Quote:
Mavericks guard Josh Howard was arrested in Winston-Salem, N.C. Thursday night for street racing, according to police.

Howard is facing charges of speeding, reckless driving, and speed competition, according to myFOXdfw's sister station myFOXwghp.com.

The website says an officer spotted Howard driving a black Lexus with a passenger on the city's west side.

Howard was taken to the Forsyth County magistrate's office and released on a written promise to appear in court on Sept. 23.

Howard graduated from Wake Forest and has been pro for five years.
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-01-2008 at 02:57 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote