Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #841
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...BXxXR3u8m8vLYF

Well, well, well...where are all the people calling me ridiculous for saying that I don't think he's a future starting PG? He might be coming off the bench soon...and it's still his essentially first year.
You are ridiculous.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #842
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You are ridiculous.
Vintage Chum Busey argument. As hollow as his head.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #843
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vintage Chum Busey argument. As hollow as his head.
I wasn't making an argument.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #844
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't making an argument.
I don't think you're capable of making one, to be honest.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #845
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:

Well, well, well...where are all the people calling me ridiculous for saying that I don't think he's a future starting PG? He might be coming off the bench soon...and it's still his essentially first year.

The moment CadBane has been waiting for since Linsanity broke out. Congratulations, you finally can say, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

But, wait a second. The Knicks beat the Pacers comfortably with Lin starting and Baron Davis still plays like a loose cannon out there. So why would he come off the bench soon?

If they continue to play like they did today, Lin will continue to start for quite some time.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #846
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It sounds like you didn't actually read the article you linked. The author is addressing rumors that Lin may come off the bench, and writing why that is a BAD idea. He also links to an article where woodson is quoted directly - saying that Lin will continue to start the rest of the year, barring injury.

He still has the skills to be a quality starting PG. And I still believe he will be for some time to come. Again, not lighting it up, but falling into that 14 point, 6-8 assist range.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 03-17-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #847
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default busey wins

Quote:
"Right now Jeremy Lin is our starting point guard and Baron is backing him up," Woodson said during his pregame chat with reporters before Friday's game against Indiana. "That's the way it's going to be the rest of the season pretty much unless somebody gets hurt. I like that rotation. We also can move (Iman Shumpert) over to one sometimes. That's kind of the rotation I'm looking at right now."

Lin and Woodson spoke Friday and the coach told the second-year guard that he remains the team's starter.

"He said that's not going to change. He told me not to worry about anything, just play my game," Lin said after conferring with Woodson to make sure it was OK to answer a reporter's question about his role.
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=7696738

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 03-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #848
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:

The author made it clear that benching Lin is not a good idea. Perhaps you're referring not to the author's opinion, but Woodson's <<supposed>> decision to bench Lin in the article? If Woodson decides to bench Lin, it will be based on the system that he runs (more iso's) and it's not indicative of Lin's capability.

I usually like Dwyer's material, but this article is poorly written IMO. It's basically a cop-out that the whole team is the problem.

edit: the article ended with "while it attempts to find The Answer". Anyone who thinks that AI is a solution is out of his mind.

Last edited by TripleDipping; 03-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #849
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
The author made it clear that benching Lin is not a good idea. Perhaps you're referring not to the author's opinion, but Woodson's <<supposed>> decision to bench Lin in the article? If Woodson decides to bench Lin, it will be based on the system that he runs (more iso's) and it's not indicative of Lin's capability.

I usually like Dwyer's material, but this article is poorly written IMO. It's basically a cop-out that the whole team is the problem.

edit: the article ended with "while it attempts to find The Answer". Anyone who thinks that AI is a solution is out of his mind.
That is obviously what I'm referring to. I know the author thinks it's a bad idea...I don't think anyone gives 2 shits what a yahoo "blogger" thinks. However, allegedly, Woodson is considering bringing Lin off the bench. Maybe that's inaccurate, though.

And you usually like Kelly Dwyer? Lmao...if I had known he "wrote" it, I wouldn't even have linked it. Dude is the biggest hack I've ever seen. Everything he writes is just pure garbage.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #850
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Whatever article/writer you are referring to, it was published before the last two games against the Pacers and I doubt there will be a "Lin might be better off the bench" discussion anytime soon the way the Knicks are playing right now. Maybe they just got tired of D'Antoni's teeth or something. Right now, it's a win-win situation for Lin (or call it a Lin-Lin situation, if you want...). If the Knicks start losing again, the blame is still on Amare and Melo, if they keep winning it's because of Lin's play-making. He will continue to be the first choice at PG because Davis is flashy but unreliable, Bibby is old and Shumpert is young.

Last edited by twelli; 03-18-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #851
twelli
Diamond Member

Lin had a good game today. Very solid. I think it helps a lot that all the attention has shifted elsewhere. Also great that he doesn't have to split minutes with Baron Davis right now. Perfect timing, just when Davis was trying to make a case for more playing time, he get's injured again.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #852
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Lin had a good game today. Very solid. I think it helps a lot that all the attention has shifted elsewhere. Also great that he doesn't have to split minutes with Baron Davis right now. Perfect timing, just when Davis was trying to make a case for more playing time, he get's injured again.
actually got to watch the whole game.

calderon lit him up last time... not so much this time though calderon still played effectively. Lin played pretty decent defense overall - calderon is very good at running the pick and roll himself.

bibby is so done... he cannot do anything.
shumpert really cannot run the point. not much vision.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #853
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
You are ridiculous.
i think you should make cartoon drawings for each of his posts in this thread, and turn it into a graphic novel.... get 'er done!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #854
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
i think you should make cartoon drawings for each of his posts in this thread, and turn it into a graphic novel.... get 'er done!
I think everything in his head is already in cartoon form...
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #855
CadBane
Banned

4-17 tonight. Don't understand why he takes so many shots sometimes.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #856
twelli
Diamond Member

Quote:
4-17 tonight. Don't understand why he takes so many shots sometimes.
Cherry picker.

Why not mention that he made 16 pts in the 4th quarter in a close game against a playoff-team?

Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #857
jwmann2

jwmann2 is on a distinguished road

I can't wait for the Jeremy Lin and Tebow circus to die down. At least they're both in New York now. Let New York deal with them.
jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #858
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lin's agent: Don't assume he'll return

Jeremy Lin will be a restricted free agent this summer, and many see it as a foregone conclusion that the point guard will return to the New York Knicks, but not everyone feels so strongly.

"I don't expect that. We're not anticipating that's going to happen. We don't have assurances of anything," Lin's agent, Roger Montgomery, said in an interview with the New York Post. "I know history shows most restricted free agents go back to their team, but I'm not going to assume anything. We're waiting to see what happens."

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said earlier this month that Lin will "absolutely" be back with the Knicks next season. But Lin, speaking the day after the Knicks' season-ending loss to Miami in the playoffs, said "nothing is set in stone" regarding his free agency.

"There's always going to be uncertainty until the final contract is signed, so definitely nothing is set in stone," Lin said. "Nothing's set in stone until it's really written."

Thanks to a clause in the CBA -- named after Gilbert Arenas -- the Knicks can match any offer made to Lin this summer.

Another factor in Lin's free agency is the expected arbitration hearing over the Bird and Early Bird exceptions to the salary cap for waived players.

The union and league are at odds over whether the Bird rights for waived players should be transferred to their new teams. The union says the rights, which allow teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign players, should transfer for players who are waived. The league argues that the Bird rights should not transfer.

This is significant for Lin because he was picked up off of waivers by the Knicks. If the arbitrator rules in favor of the union, then the Knicks would be allowed to exceed the cap to sign both Lin and forward Steve Novak, who also was acquired off of waivers.

This would also allow the Knicks to use their $5 million mid-level exception on another player. If the arbitrator rules in favor of the league, the Knicks will likely have to use their mid-level exception to re-sign Lin and would be limited in their pursuit of other free agents.

Lin emerged from the end of the Knicks' bench in early February to lead the team to seven straight wins, essentially saving New York's season. In addition, he provided a significant financial boon for the Knicks in merchandising sales and marketing opportunities. These intangibles are why many believe Lin is a lock to re-sign.

But there is yet another wrinkle to consider: Teams under the salary cap can offer Lin more than $5 million per season in the third and fourth years of a contract offer, as long as the average annual value of the deal does not exceed the salary cap.

If the Knicks were to match such a back-loaded offer, it may put them above the luxury tax in the third and fourth years of Lin's contract and prohibit them from using their mid-level exception.

Lin underwent surgery April 2 to repair a small tear in the meniscus of his left knee. He tried to return during the first round of the Knicks' playoff series against the Heat but was unable to do so.

Montgomery told the New York Post that Lin is "doing well" but is not 100 percent healthy.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ew-york-knicks

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #859
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

he lacks toughness, and alot of it. pass on him. unless we can get him for like 3 yrs 10 mil.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #860
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

he'd be an idiot to leave NY. The fan-base there LOVES him. i'm not sure he'd get the same appreciation or leeway (if stuff goes wrong) in another city.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #861
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
he'd be an idiot to leave NY. The fan-base there LOVES him. i'm not sure he'd get the same appreciation or leeway (if stuff goes wrong) in another city.
Looks like the Warriors are moving to Lin's hometown of San Francisco - he'd probably be worshiped as the face of the franchise if he landed there (and paid likewise...)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #862
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he'd be an idiot to leave NY.
He just needs to go out and sign the best possible offer, then it would be up to NY whether they decide to match it. Unless I am missing something?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #863
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Looks like the Warriors are moving to Lin's hometown of San Francisco - he'd probably be worshiped as the face of the franchise if he landed there (and paid likewise...)
No difference Oakland, San Francisco, and Palo Alto are all within an hour of each other. Lin's parents are in Palo Alto and he stayed there with them last season.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #864
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ah yes, good point. Warriors would be a good landing spot. Not just because of Asian population, but desperation for something new/different (and making up for cutting him )

Anyone other than them or NY, though, and I don't see any leeway/patience if Linsanity doesn't kick off immediately.

If we're going based solely on the Asian demographic, Toronto would be under consideration as well. LA, too, but clippers/Lakers seem less likely to me - I don't know their money situation, though.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #865
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
he lacks toughness, and alot of it. pass on him. unless we can get him for like 3 yrs 10 mil.
He is very tough and fearless to a fault.

Quote:
He be an idiot for not taking the largest offer and getting paid. He tore his Mencius and returned back to his journeyman status after D'Antoni was fired.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #866
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I was going off the assumption that offers from the knicks and other teams would be in the same range. Of course if the Knicks offer chump change compared to another team, you take the money.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #867
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Would the Warriors really try to sign him when they already have Stephen Curry?

And if they would, would they trade us Curry on the cheap?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #868
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Would the Warriors really try to sign him when they already have Stephen Curry?

And if they would, would they trade us Curry on the cheap?
Beat me to it.

Q: Why would the Warriors sign a lesser player when they have Curry?
A: They wouldn't.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #869
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan of this guy, but 3/31 is a little ridiculous.

Rockets offer Lin deal for $31 million

Quote:
Rockets general manager Daryl Morey had his second crack at Jeremy Lin yesterday and offered him a back-loaded deal worth at least $31 million, and he was mulling it over late last night.

Because the Knicks were ditched by Steve Nash, sources have indicated the club is as intent as ever in matching any Lin offer sheet before the free-agent signing moratorium ends July 11.

Last time Morey talked to Lin in December, he told him he was being waived after having him for 12 days in training camp. That set the stage for the Knicks to claim him and turn last season into a Disney movie.

Yesterday, Morey showed Lin Houston and took him out for dinner, where he was offered a three-year deal with a fourth-year player option that would total at least $31 million.

The first two years are at $5 million and $5.2 million with the backloaded “poison pill’’ coming in the third and fourth years, when the salary was to jump to about $10.5 million to create luxury-tax hardship for the Knicks.

But because Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire’s deals all expire after three years, the luxury tax only would hurt in the third season — 2014-15.

The Knicks have said they would match any offer to Lin because they see him as either their starter or a vital backup.

Last time Lin was in Houston was before Linsanity when the Knicks visited on Jan. 28, and Lin actually got his first significant playing time, an active 20 minutes. But then-desperate coach Mike D’Antoni still wasn’t convinced that night, though whispers from players in the visitor’s locker room was he could be the answer to their point-guard woes.

The Rockets need a point guard after going separate ways with Goran Dragic, who demanded $10 million per season. Nevertheless, this Houston visit could also be a dog-and-pony show to help to Lin, who needs to establish a market for himself because Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald started playing hardball on July 1. Grunwald refused to make Lin an offer until he established a market.

On Twitter yesterday, Morey stated, “RedNation please help me welcome [Lin] back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances.’’

Cute but probably not enough to land Lin, who prefers to stay with the Knicks. Plus, Lin also could harbor bitterness at Rockets coach Kevin McHale for cutting him. In February, Morey all but apologized to Lin for waiving him, admitting his mistake and saying he had “a great, great future.’’

The Rockets have a potential Lin recruiter in Yao Ming, who is still close with the team and is a mentor to the point guard. The Mavericks also want to court Lin, so it remains to be seen if he will accept the Rockets’ offer.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #870
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
I'm a fan of this guy, but 3/31 is a little ridiculous.

Rockets offer Lin deal for $31 million
Makes Dragic's $8.5M per year look like a steal...

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #871
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Outearning Nash AND Dragic.

Linsanity indeed. He's still the biggest unknown of the three so I'm very curious to see how he does next year.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #872
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ian_OConnor
Jeremy Lin wants more $ than reported $31 million offer from Houston, according to league source. #Knicks facing a hefty match
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ian_OConnor
Lin now also waiting to see if PG-desperate Dallas jumps in. Would b interesting. Mavs gave him 1st summer invite #knicks
Crazy times.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #873
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Morey must know something. He passed on Dragic, is going to deal Lowry and go all in on Lin.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #874
iella
Golden Member

I know this is facetious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ESPNSteinLine
Source with knowledge of Knicks' thinking: "They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars"
but still, no way Lin lives up to the hype next year. No way. LeBron, Kobe, Jordan couldn't live up to this kind of hype.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #875
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

For his on-court production, 4yrs/$30M is probably overpaying, unless he plays at the level he did this year. That would make him a bargain, for his play alone.

But his international marketability makes this contract a freaking steal.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #876
iella
Golden Member

Jeremy Lin will be a Knick and will be a starter

Quote:
But the Knicks will be matching the $28.8 million offer from Houston and Lin is heading back to the Knicks.
Not bad for a Harvard kid.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #877
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Cadbane just rolled over in his grave...

Old 07-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #878
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Wonder what he's been up to? I think he blocked me on Twitter.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #879
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

I think he's going to surprise people in Houston. Winning with that shredded squad will be tough but the numbers will surprise. Still only 23, too.

I trust Morey's judgement (although they let him go, so did Dallas).

Fantasy target..

Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #880
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Dolan is an idiot.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 41mvp=funny bunny, bancad, ben&jerry's, cad vs chum, cadbane is always right, cadchokesondick, cadeatsshitcereal, cadhatesasians, cadreadsusatoday, chumbusey=oxygenthief, faking objectivity, getbackinthekitchenmary, getbackonyourkneescad, jeremy lin, jthig farted, lin = goat, lin-1 cadbane-0, mavsfanuofvagina, objectivehaterinhere, racism, return of the quack!, slow to admit, stuckonstupid, too many tags