Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-02-2003, 01:08 AM   #1
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Your Number

What is the number you wear while playing sport?

Me- Basketball- No. 55

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
hero = dirk

hero = dirk is on a distinguished road
Default Your Number

uhh softball back in the day... 76

Muhahahaha...
hero = dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:16 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Number

Too funny, I just said something about this to another poster in pm's about this very thing.

My first year in softball it was #8.

After that I switched to #4 and it's been my lucky number since.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:50 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Your Number

When i go to the park, i wear #13. But then again, i always wear my steve nash jersey.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:02 AM   #5
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

In european BB the numbers are only from 4-15, mine is the 13. Sure i would like to wear the 41, but most of my teammates also.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:18 AM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

haha, just was having this conversation!
i wore #24 in basketball, which was just kind of random...i was the newbie on varsity, so it kinda got assigned to me. anyway, i found out that was the number that finley wore in high school and college and that he only changed it because someone on the suns already had it his rookie season. so then that was really cool. yeah.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:29 AM   #7
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Your Number

I would wear #23. People always used to say I play like MJ till I injured my left knee. I could drbble penetrate, hit a jump shot, and very tough on defense. Just Kidding.

I would be wearing #6 for 6th man.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:46 AM   #8
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

depends on what team I play on. Usually its 21, but lately its been #9 or #92

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:46 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

baseball - I wore 17, taking after Mark Grace

basketball - In highschool, it was 54. In college, it was 44.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:49 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Number

Baseball from the age of 5 on up, I wore the #3

Basketball - 3

football, depends on the year..but, since I played alot of LB, I wore the #57 for awhile..when i started playing TE, I wore #80
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:58 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your Number

Baseball - 7 and then 16

HS Football - 88
college football - 81

Basketball - it changed a couple times. 8, 3, and then for the longest time 10.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

In Football I was always 52. Which was unstable because I played Running Back on offense. But I started out as a defensive player.

In softball, I am number 1 (cheesy yes, but I play for my work and they assigned the numbers).

In volleyball or Racquetball I don't wear numbers.

I don't play Basketball (unless we all can get the invitational together) but I think I would want to wear number 5.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:20 AM   #13
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Old 07-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Number

Well, in Hamilton in the '80s and '90s, whether they were on school payroll or just youth league dads, coaches simply glared at you and tossed you a jersey, for the most part.

In all sports, when I had my choice, I was 9.

In baseball and summer-league basketball, I usually got 9. I did have a 14 once, and a 1.

UIL doesn't allow digits above 5 for basketball, though, so I had 14, 11, and 23 - I'd choose them in that order. Also got stuck with 35 once. Blah.

Football, wore 40 and 85 my two illustrious years. hehehe, glad that didn't last long.

I'd take 7 after 9 and 14, but I never once wore 7.

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 AM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Your Number

Not making it up-I wore #69 in football.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:23 AM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

In both basketball and football I was #24
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:01 AM   #17
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Your Number

7 in baseball , basketball and rugby; 20 in football.

1348 in the Ironman triathlon and 2410 in the Boston Marathon.

GO LANCE !!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Number

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
7 in baseball , basketball and rugby; 20 in football.

1348 in the Ironman triathlon and 2410 in the Boston Marathon.

GO LANCE !!!!!!!!
Have you ever ran the Whiterock marathon? I am interested in training for this. I've always wanted to run in a marathon, and unfortunately I ain't getting younger.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:23 AM   #19
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Your Number

u2...Yes. I did White Rock 5 times...it' not too difficult...you just have to watch out for the small hills after you circle the lake and start back toward downtown.

I've done about 20 marathons and 5 Ironman distance triathlons...The main one in Hawaii, the one in Canada (3 times) and one in Florida. Also done about 60 other triathlons. If you need any help, just PM me.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Cancun, but will be back in the middle of next week.

GO LANCE !!!

(I'm betting that Junior takes his 5th this year and a 6th next year...I know that he definitely wants to break the record held by Eddie M. and Indurain. They are the only two to have won 5 consecutive Tours. )
Old 07-02-2003, 10:26 AM   #20
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

wow op. all i can say is wow. in fact, i will say it a few more times. wow, wow, wow, wow.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Your Number

Thanks Mandy...it was just a little obsession that I had. The Boston Marathon was SO cool, I can't even describe how much fun it was...blisters and all. But Hawaii was the best...I photographed it for a magazine for two years before I qualified to do it myself. I have some VERY cool pictures.

Some others who have done it:

Jim Mc Laren...now deceased. Did it with only one leg and a prosthesis.
A blind woman from Australia....last name was Walker...I think her first name was Jillian.
Rick & Dick Hoyt. Rick is in a wheelchair for life...his father pulls him in a little raft on the swim...you can probably search google and find out more about them. VERY COOL and inspiring.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:35 AM   #22
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

that is really cool.
i am not really a runner, but one of my friends is, and she has convinced me that i want to run a marathon eventually. it just sounds like such a great accomplishment,
Old 07-02-2003, 10:39 AM   #23
OutletPass
Diamond Member

Default Your Number

Mandy...check out two races, since you'll be going to school in CA.

One is "Bay to Breakers" in san Francisco. A fairly easy race...hilarious because a lot of people run in costumes; some even run nude (It's SF after all)...one year (in the "centipede division") 5 men ran together...all dressed as Dolly Parton.

The other is the Marathon at Big Sur...most incredible scenery...you almost forget that you're running.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:45 AM   #24
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

cool, thanks op. i think i went camping at big sur a few years ago, and it was really nice.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:57 PM   #25
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default Your Number

number 10. HS Soccer
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:19 PM   #26
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold
Default Your Number

10 * fieldhockey during the school and a few years afterwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #27
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default Your Number

"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:59 PM   #28

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough
Default Your Number

in basketball i was #4 for a long time

and i got #23 once when the coach was just handing out jerseys
Member is offline   Reply With Quote