Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2001, 11:35 AM   #41
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I COMPLETELY disagree that the majority of Dirk's shots were taken like that. That's very untrue, the majority of Dirk's three pointers come off of Nash's, Finley's or Eisley's penetration. What I'm saying is when Fin takes his the majority of the time it's when he has the ball trying to create and drive and he settles for the three point shot. The Mavericks has a play where the isolate finley and a lot of the times he'll have the ball (admittedly his own fault) and let the clock wind down and instead of driving settle for the three pointer. Dirk doesn't have an isolation play UNLESS there is a mismatch. So I completely disagree that Dirk has taken a large portion of his threes under the same duress as Finley.
Old 04-13-2001, 12:36 PM   #42
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

well, you're not very bright so it doesn't really matter whether or not you agree or disagree.
and i didn't say that the majority of dirk's threes were taken at the end of quarters.. i said that early in the year, dirk was taking as many or more three pointers at the ends of quarters as was finley.

you can't argue with the fact that finley has a low three point percentage. so get over it.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 01:38 PM   #43
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I love lamo's arguing style...

"you're wrong, i'm right, you're stupid! waa-waa!"

Old 04-13-2001, 01:43 PM   #44
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL BBL...
Old 04-13-2001, 01:52 PM   #45
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Lam you're just a fuckin ass that's all it is to it. You keep saying stuff no one is arguing. "you can't argue with the fact that finley has a low three point percentage" I never said he didn't have a low three point percentage so who gives a shit about it. I was telling you IN MY OPINION WHY he does! So if you don't like my opinion fine. As far as YOUR ASSININE opinion about me not being bright, that's fine with me, I don't give a shit about your opinion either way, but I can listen to someone's opinion without having to tell them their stupid, you're the one who looks like the fool sounding like a child.

Oh and by the way, you are Assinine that is a fact!!
Old 04-13-2001, 04:18 PM   #46
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The only reason Fin's 3PT percentage is so low is because of a whole heck of a lot of forced shots during Steve Nash's absence... and that is a fact, brought to you by a season-long statistic-watcher, Mavinator...
Old 04-13-2001, 04:20 PM   #47
LAM0015
Banned

mavinator...finley's 3 point percentage was horrible before nash missed any games. so your point is invalid. try again
Old 04-13-2001, 04:22 PM   #48
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

No it wasn't- earlier in the season Fin was up in the upper 30's...
Old 04-13-2001, 04:45 PM   #49
LAM0015
Banned

No, you're dead wrong.

during the first 37 games (in which steve nash played in 35), michael finley was 29 for 101 from three point land.
finley only hit 28.7128712%

this is through january 10th..after that time, nash only played in 10 of the next 14 games.

through the first 1/4 of the season (which, for all intensive purposes is the 20th game), michael finley shot 27.4509803% from three point land (14-51)

through the first 1/3 of the season (which is through roughly the first 27 games), finley shot 23.2876712% from three point land (17-73)

Old 04-13-2001, 04:46 PM   #50
LAM0015
Banned

but i'm glad he's got his touch back a bit towards the end of the season
Old 04-13-2001, 05:58 PM   #51
Mavinator
Golden Member

Oops, you got me- I must've been remembering wrong...
Old 04-14-2001, 01:31 AM   #52
LAM0015
Banned

it's ok..just as long as you're willing to admit when you're wrong.