Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #41
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

he landed then let go of the ball? Ididn't see that. I couldn't tell from the replay. Yep, theres another travel.

I guess when Nike and ESPN pump you up, you get all the calls, or NO calls.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-01-2006 at 01:27 PM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #42
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
There are 3 or 4 depending on if you think he landed before he shot or not. 1 step then jump stop. 1 travel. Takes a 2 steps. Another travel. Leaves both feet(whichever one is the pivot.) before he lands. Yet another travel. Lands before he lets go of the ball. Yet another travel.
Yeah, I noticed that after this latest viewing as well. I don't think you can tell from the angle KG posted, but you can certainly tell it's VERY close.

I just don't understand how someone could objectively see that, and not immediately state it was a travel, and discuss nothing but that. I mean, step back and just watch his body. The movement he goes through does not belong on a basketball court.

How any announcer could see that and not immediately point it out is beyond me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-01-2006 at 01:36 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #43
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

He travels alot guys. He is just so damn fast that it is sometimes hard to see. Most of the plays that ESPN praises as showing his strength when he does the football player cover up before he shoots it were travels. There is nothing you can do about it. The guy is a freak of nature and the rules or the way they are called now anyway cater so distinctly to him that its really not fair. I mean if he can turn basketball in to rugby at his size and speed what can you do about it?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yeah, I noticed that after this latest viewing as well. I don't think you can tell from the angle KG posted, but you can certainly tell it's VERY close.

I just don't understand how someone could objectively see that, and not immediately state it was a travel, and discuss nothing but that. I mean, step back and just watch his body. The movement he goes through does not belong on a basketball court.

How any announcer could see that and not immediately point it out is beyond me.
I just noticed what you guys are pointing out. There WERE four travels. Here it is again, from several different angles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxZBRjA_Zo

He clearly lands before releasing the ball. And as he returns to the bench, you can clearly read his lips. He's complaining about the "and one."

Wow, just wow.

Last edited by kg_veteran; 05-01-2006 at 01:52 PM.
kg_veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #45
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I notice it because of the idiots i play with at the local Y. They do that all the time so i have become used to looking for it.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #46
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some of you want to change your votes now?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #47
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Clutch. And incredible presence of mind from LeBron. He's shutting up everyone who has questioned his ability to handle pressure situations.

Wow. What a finish.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #48
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

He is AMAZING!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #49
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Washington is horrible...how do you give up a layup on an inbounds play with 3 seconds left? Reminded me of Bibby going baseline for the game winning layup in Game 4 of the 2002 western conference semi's.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #50
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Washington is horrible...how do you give up a layup on an inbounds play with 3 seconds left? Reminded me of Bibby going baseline for the game winning layup in Game 4 of the 2002 western conference semi's.
I agree, but give LeBron some credit... He is VERY fast and athletic!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #51
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Mike Brown is funny to listen to... He is like most other people watching LeBron as a fan in that he speaks of him in awe rather than talking like a coach generally would.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #52
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I agree, but give LeBron some credit... He is VERY fast and athletic!
No doubt, Labron is a freak but there's no way he should have got an uncontested layup in that situation...that was jamison's fine work.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #53
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Ah Jamison... Wasn't he up for defensive player of the year this season???

Damn it, I don't remember how to make that moon appear!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #54
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

LeBron's not playing in the playoffs yet... He's playing against the Wiz...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #55
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Ha!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #56
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
lol

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #57
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

When asked if LeBron traveled, he said:

Nah, I don't travel. I don't know how to travel!

Funny stuff...
Old 05-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #58
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That is what I have been saying this whole time. Who has he freaking played. The Wiz. WHHOOOOA stop the damn presses, Lebron scored 45 on the Wiz.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #59
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

ESPN just now,

"we are going to talk to Lebron and talk about his run of being Mr. Clutch."

The Mr. Clutch at the beggining of the year that couldn'thit a game winning shot to save his life, or the o ne that has hit only about 5.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #60
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
When asked if LeBron traveled, he said:

Nah, I don't travel. I don't know how to travel!

Funny stuff...
begininng stages of pompous ass.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #61
Five-ofan
Guru

That was nice and all but it was god awful defense at the very least as much as it was good O. The question i have is how do you let lebron even catch the ball on the out of bounds play. Its not that hard to take one player away on an out of bounds play. Then even if you let him catch it in the corner you trap him. He doesnt have time for one of his jump passes so all he can do is shoot a crazy tmac like fadeaway 3. If he makes that then you tip your cap but to give him that layup is just horrendous.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #62
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord...now I have to watch all-lebron all of the time until the next kobe show. Yuck, espn is irritating.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #63
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Star power won that game. The NBA said that Lebron has more star power than all the Wiz, so let him do whatever. Officials change calls, allow traveling, and play favoritism, just keep Lebron playing because it means more $$$$.

That third foul being changed just before the half was disgusting. It was obvious he charged, and yet, the offside official who wasn't in position, overturns it, and makes it a defensive block. Disgusting how they did that, even the TNT crew was laughing about it.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #64
Five-ofan
Guru

I would feel worse for Washington if they hadnt given the game away with whatever that was that was supposed to be defense in the last 3.7 seconds.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #65
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was a cool ending. Damon Jones doesn't play the entire game, then gets subbed in at the end of overtime and makes the game winner.

The coolest part, though, was watching all the Cavs run to congratulation Jones after the buzzer, knocking him down, piling on him and stuff. It looked like the NCAA's out there. Pretty cool.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #66
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Gilbert Arenas really choked on that one. Two free throws - missed them both.

That's gonna sting!

Eta: Woops, my bad. They were only up by one at the time.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-05-2006 at 10:19 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #67
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Gotta feel bad for Arenas. That game was won by the Wiz if he would've hit those 2 free throws.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #68
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Screw Arenas. Nice series win by Cleveland.

Damon? Not there is a new name for a game winner.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote