Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-26-2020, 11:40 PM   #1
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

LukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really nice

The Lakers and Clippers want to end the season every other team wants to continue on. This shows right now this is not a unified front and some players who are paid to be professional basketball players want to, as crazy as it sounds, play basketball. I support the players who want to do what they do and entertain fans who are having one of the worst years ever. That's not to say black lives matter cause doesn't matter it does, but it's not the only cause. I support anyone who doesn't want to play over the movement that's their right, but I also support the players who want to play on because you can't stop the world because bad things happen. How long did the USA shut down after 9/11? Like a week or two tops.
LukaThaDonPart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

LukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really nice

I realize something though I don't fit in forums like this. I just end up arguing with people. So I've asked a mod to delete my account.
LukaThaDonPart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:49 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaThaDonPart2 View Post
I realize something though I don't fit in forums like this. I just end up arguing with people. So I've asked a mod to delete my account.
Bye.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I’m liberal as are most of my friends and family. However, I have many friends and family members who are conservative. The thing I try to stress over and over and over and over...we all have much more in common than not. We are ALL working class except for a very select few people in the world. And there is a class of people we’ll call them 1% who have been driving divisions between us all for their own profit. They have weaponized media and sown racial and class divide all for their personal profit. And our political class has essentially been Co-opted and works for them.

Last edited by mac222b; 08-27-2020 at 12:40 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m liberal as are most of my friends and family. However, I have many friends and family members who are conservative. The thing I try to stress over and over and over and over...we all have much more in common than not. We are ALL working class except for a very select few people in the world. And there is a class of people we’ll call them 1% who have been driving divisions between us all for their own profit. They have weaponized media and sown racial and class divide all for their personal profit. And our political class has essentially been Co-opted and works for them.

With you 100% (must spread rep).

I'm no hater of the rich. Many of them have worked very hard. I hate the fact that they've been allowed to weaponize the political process for their own gains, while politicians have weaponized divisive social issues to keep the people in line.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
With you 100% (must spread rep).

I'm no hater of the rich. Many of them have worked very hard. I hate the fact that they've been allowed to weaponize the political process for their own gains, while politicians have weaponized divisive social issues to keep the people in line.
Of course! I try not to hate anyone. Only haters haha.
I have a friend/band mate who is a surgeon and leans Republican. I was denigrating some rich Trump cabinet member (Tillerson) way back and he said something to the effect of “you don’t think he works his ass off?” and my reply was “I don’t know. He may or may not. He and his family can probably never work another day in their lives and be obscenely wealthy still.. Just on stocks and interest and assets alone. So if he works his ass off it is in part a luxury. Do you have a stylist? Personal assistants? A chef who shops for and prepares healthy meals? personal trainer? A masseuse? The very best medical care? House cleaners who clean every day and do all laundry and dishes? Nannys? People who arrange travel. The very best accountants and financial advisors money can buy? Inside info on stocks? You or I may have some of those advantages above but likely if any just a trainer or maybe a house cleaner once per week. Imagine how much you could get done if you didn’t ever have to worry about anything except being productive and happy!” Something to that effect.

Last edited by mac222b; 08-27-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:24 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a hot take to think the Celtics win it all?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #8
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Is it a hot take to think the Celtics win it all?
yes i still have the Bucks. But i also have both teams over every west team
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:43 PM   #9
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of light

I enjoyed game 1 of Bucks/Heat. Jimmy Butler is an absolute force when he is locked in. Giannis will bounce back. I see this series going to 7 games.
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:20 PM   #10
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmavs123 View Post
I enjoyed game 1 of Bucks/Heat. Jimmy Butler is an absolute force when he is locked in. Giannis will bounce back. I see this series going to 7 games.
Bucks have just seemed off. They were missing Bledsoe too though. They have a decent supported cast but no margin for error when guys like Middleton and Bledsoe and Lopez are your next players. And that teams not getting any younger. I think there is a real chance Giannis leaves.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:01 AM   #11
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bucks have just seemed off. They were missing Bledsoe too though. They have a decent supported cast but no margin for error when guys like Middleton and Bledsoe and Lopez are your next players. And that teams not getting any younger. I think there is a real chance Giannis leaves.
I don't see him demanding a trade, but if the Bucks don't make it to finals this year or next year, then I can easily see him walking.

And while I'm not holding my breath for this by any stretch, if does end up walking... I think the Mavs have as a good a chance as anyone to woo him and better than most.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:57 AM   #12
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Butler three-point shooting this season
Regular season: 24.4%
Playoffs: 66.7%

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 09-01-2020 at 06:58 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #13
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I agree with that late call on Dragic. He was vertical.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #14
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

And the refs gave it right back to the Heat. Wild finish.

Last edited by BPo001; 09-02-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bucks down 0-2 on the Heat.

Oof
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Bucks down 0-2 on the Heat.

Oof
Is that really surprising? Bucks just don't have a killer instinct at all. Can't just coast off of talent in the playoffs. You have to want it.

And if Lou Dort beats the Rockets, then that will be the greatest thing ever.

Old 09-02-2020, 10:32 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Bucks-Heat was the freaking mother of all make up calls
Old 09-02-2020, 10:38 PM   #18
BPo001
Diamond Member

This OKC/Hou game is coming down to the wire too.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #19
sefant77
Guru

what a fucking flopping festival
Old 09-02-2020, 10:41 PM   #20
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
what a fucking flopping festival
The back2back flops by CP3 and Harden were comical.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #21
BPo001
Diamond Member

Wowwwww Harden plays defense for once and makes a huge play.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #22
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Harden has been playing better d in the bubble. The Rockets closing d is pretty stout
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Harden not playing defense is a myth at this point. He can D it up and has these past few seasons.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #24
sefant77
Guru

trainwreck ending
Old 09-02-2020, 10:48 PM   #25
sefant77
Guru

Paul chocking up at the end is also classic playoff Paul

Last edited by sefant77; 09-02-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Paul chocking up at the end is also classig playoff Paul
Yes and Harden was terrible in a close out game again except for the block.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-02-2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #27
BPo001
Diamond Member

They literally could have thrown it over the top to Adams. There was nobody between him and the hoop, and the defenders wouldn’t have gotten there. Easy layup.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #28
mac222b
Diamond Member

What a strange ending
Old 09-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was anticlimactic.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #30
mac222b
Diamond Member

Does Donovan not know how to draw up a play or do they not know how to execute? Both? It looked like confused dudes running into each other.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:01 PM   #31
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Does Donovan not know how to draw up a play or do they not know how to execute? Both? It looked like confused dudes running into each other.
The last few minutes of the game looked like that for OKC. They had two timeouts and didn't use either of them until it was too late. I kept waiting for them to call timeout when they got the ball back with under a minute left and they never did.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:05 PM   #32
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
SGA choked hard on the first inbound attempt and they let him do it again. Put Paul there and let him throw a lob to Adams
Old 09-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #33
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
SGA choked hard on the first inbound attempt and they let him do it again. Put Paul there and let him throw a lob to Adams
Agreed. They could have just thrown it over the top to Adams. Tucker can’t stop that pass if you throw it high enough, and the other defenders were too far away to make a play. Really makes you appreciate Rick who is one of the better coaches at drawing up plays to get a good look.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #34
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
SGA played like crap most of the series, but he is still young.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:22 AM   #35
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
SGA played like crap most of the series, but he is still young.
He was very tentative to the point I thought they should pull him. He did hit a big 3 down the stretch though.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:27 AM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

I thought OKC matched up better with the Lakers and would’ve made for a better series. I guess this is the ultimate test for Morey small ball, going against team behemoth.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:47 AM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:

I thought OKC matched up better with the Lakers and would’ve made for a better series. I guess this is the ultimate test for Morey small ball, going against team behemoth.
It's put up or shut up time for AD. He's been one of the five or ten best players in the league for nearly a decade but he's never been past round 2. He needs to completely dominate this series. As small as Houston is, there's absolutely no excuse for him not to.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 09-03-2020 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #38
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Nash to Coach Nets.

Good luck, Steve.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #39
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Nash to Coach Nets.

Good luck, Steve.
Hope he has an experienced staff. Does Nash have any coaching experience? I know he was with the Warriors, but I thought that was more of a consultant basis?
Old 09-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #40
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hope he has an experienced staff. Does Nash have any coaching experience? I know he was with the Warriors, but I thought that was more of a consultant basis?
He was a consultant. They screwed Jacque Vaughn IMO........Vaughn has been coaching for years and he did a good job with the Nets. I guess he'll be that experience for Nash.