Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Default S&T Terry to Cleveland for Larry Hughes

Ok, here is my option A, since Dal, Serious and others have come out with there ideal situations for the offseason. First, I don't like Terry. I think he could be the most overrated player in the entire league. He gets a ton of open shots and doesn't create anything for his teammates. Also is the worst defender we have and I have no idea how Avery can get on other players about their defense.

Now, the idea of this trade is to get value for Terry w/o him leaving like Nash did. The trade is Larry Hughes for Terry. Just match Larry's contract and if must, give them the #28 pick.
Once the trade is made, Sign Sam Cassell or Mike James to be the starting pg or backup to Devin.

Reasons why: Larry his a hell of a defender, also a great steal guy. He hustles and tries on every play. He can't shoot great, nor can he stay healthy all the time, but he can dribble, create for teammates and get to the FT line. He would be a pefect guy to add to the team and I don't think Cleveland spent there money in the right place and Terry would be a better compliment for Lebron.

Cleveland Starting Lineup:

PG: Terry
SG: Ronald Murray, Eric Snow, or Luke Jackson
SF: Lebron
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Zydrunis

Dallas Starting Lineup:

PG: SamIAM, Mike James, or Devin
SG: Larry Hughes
SF: JHO
PF: Dirk
C: Diop

The team is a much better balance of offense and defense and ability to create for others.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

There is no way the Cavs do this. Larry Hughes is a MUCH better player than Terry. We'd have to trade at least Terry and Daniels together, and I doubt that's enough.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #3
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Terry is a better fit for the Cavs, and I bet they would do this.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Larry Hughes is soft and shoots a HORRIBLE % from the field. Horrible deal.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you could get better, but at least Great thinking, and you get a true starting SG out of it. Keep them coming.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, I don't like this deal a whole lot. Terry seems like a better fit.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 PM   #7
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Hughes is quite accident prone if I recall correctly, I think Terry is tougher. Ina regular 82 season and playoffs every players effort counts. But I agree he would be a much better defender and would do this (terry and quis realistically or terry for wishful thinking) if we could get Cassell or James.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:48 AM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
Larry Hughes is soft and shoots a HORRIBLE % from the field. Horrible deal.

This is probably the best description of Hughes i've ever heard.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned this a while ago in the how much do we pay terry thread. I have always been a huge hughes fan but the guy is so injury prone its ridiculous. I think he is a better player than jason terry. I also think this could end up blowing up in the mavs faces. What is the mavs biggest weakness? Shooting contrary to what some others might say is the mavs biggest weakness. Specifically people other than dirk that can shoot so he cant be tripled. We are trading one of the 2 players who can make an open jumper other for a guy who cant. That is extremely dangerous. On the plus side, hughes is one of the best defensive 2s in the league if not the best. Which i would deam our second biggest need. I think a lineup of harris, hughes, Jho, dirk, Damp/diop would be AMAZING defensively. I would probably do the deal because i like hughes but its not a slam dunk. As for them doing it, they want out of his contract and would definitely do it. As a matter of fact i dont think its out of the question to get him for stack and da just to take the contract off their hands.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I'd do it but when you get rid of Terry remember you are getting rid of your most clutch player in this years postseason. Remember you are getting rid of your best outside threat. I don't think the Mavs can afford to let Terry go.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Well i would say dirk was without question this years most clutch player in the playoffs but he is the biggest 3pt threat we have.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #12
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

Hughes can't shoot worth a darn, averaged less points with a much lower shooting percentage than Terry, no way I do that trade.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote