Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default Who would you like to see the mavs keep for the next season?

definitely dirk of course, but other than him, id really want the mavs to keep terry. we all know that he will never sum up to the quality of a point guard that nash is. but if the mavs decide to let him go, harris would be the starter PG, right? who do you think will fit that spot perfectly if Jet gets traded? and id really like to see jho stay, and damp, diop, pod or dj.
choose: let damp go? diop? pod? or dj? or let the four headed monster stay? anyways, as for quis, 50/50 if he stays, im ok with it. just as long as we get an ok player if the mavs decide to trade him. griff should stay. Kvh? 50/50 stack 50/50 unless he decides to bring back his old game (pistons days).
and one more question: we all know that dirk and nash had this plan of finishing their nba careers with the mavs right? now that nash is with the suns, what are the possibilities that in a few years, maybe just maybe, nash would come back and finish his career with the mavericks? or would he decide to end it with the suns? given the fact that he started playing in phx. most nba players do that, end it where they started.
my answer: nash should finish his career as a maverick. that i would love to see!haha DALLAS MAVS NBA FINALS CHAMPIONS (08 or 09 or 2010) yeah!!! dirk and nash reunited... sweet! if that doesnt go as planned, i believe the mavericks could still win a trophy. any of the two would do perfectly for me..

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Terry was the Mavs best player in the Miami series. Because of that, he'll demand a high price. Cuban was unwilling to pay Nash, who was clearly a better player even at that point in his career. I'll be interested to see if Cuban flinches again, or whether he "learns his lesson" and vastly overpays for Terry.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion of how I see the players:

Players that are "core" to me, and not tradable from a championship team:
Dirk, Howard, Harris (too much upside), Diop (Great bang for the buck), DJ (young potential 7')

Players that they need to keep, but in a role only: DA and Griff (maybe coaching, or maybe in a specific on court role, but definately worth keeping.)

Players that they might resign if the price is right: KVH (but MLE or less), Terry (needed at 6-7M but not at Nash type money --- Harris should be starting and developing as the starter next year IMO)

Players that can be traded or used, whichever is needed the most:
Daniels (young with potential, but not sure he is a fit)
Damp (solid Center - big contract - might bring something)
Stack (need his attitude as much as his ability, but if he bring something else..OK. - has expiring contract)

Players I know little about and are possible fodder:
Marshall, Powell, PPod. (Could develop into backups for next year or be gone by the end of training camp).

Last edited by dalmations202; 06-27-2006 at 11:36 AM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Players to definetly keep: Dirk, JT, Harris, Jho, Diop

Players to definetly trade: Quis, Stack

Let walk: DA (move to coaching staff), KVH

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I would disagree with you ape and say that dirk was the best player in the miami series but its a non factor. Dirk is a must. JHO will still be here and harris needs to still be here unless it nets us pierce. Other than that everyone is fair game for the right offer. Well Jho is fair game for the right offer too. Dirk is the only player i flat out wouldnt trade and even he could get traded for the right offer (that offer would have to include lebron james)
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
mavs_own

mavs_own is on a distinguished road

Why is everyone OK with letting Stack go? He has been a big part of our team and of our success. He attacks the rim relentlessly and then when the defender respects that he can hit the outside jump shot.

I personally would like to keep DA too.
mavs_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #7
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Dirk, Diop, and Josh... I would trade everyone else to win a championship... If I could add a marketable superstar to the mix like AI or Garnett I'd do it....

Ainge looks pretty set on getting a young PG. I wonder if he'd take back Quisy and Devin for PP? I then move the JET to the 6th man role...

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 06-27-2006 at 06:47 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:15 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Stack cant hit the outside shot though mavs own. Thats the problem. He can take it but hell so can I.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Dirk obviously.

Other than that Dallas needs to keep

1 center (Doesn't matter which, Damp is the better player at the moment but Diop has more upside + age.)

1 swingman from the youth (Howard or Harris... it doesn't matter, it all depends on who you receive back.)

Everyone else is expendable. Everyone. Terry can be had for the right price in a sign and trade. Howard and Harris can be had for the right price too.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:38 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I agree with Locked_Up.

And mavs_own, it's because of age primarily, and that he'd be a good trading piece.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote