Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk's Knee View Post
TV: FSSW Radio: 103.3 FM

This is going to be a real test of the Mavs across the board...fast paced offense with a strong interior and a with the move of Lin to the bench some solid second unit scoring options. I think if we put Asik/Howard on the line a ton and Calderon has a better game we can mark this in the win column. Really wish Wright was back. I would expect to see Sarge tonight, and I expect him to get into foul trouble quick (on purpose).
I would not expect Wright to play much against a team similar to Houston becuase he is not a good defender or a good rebounder. Blair is undersized but he is rugged and tough..
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
I would not expect Wright to play much against a team similar to Houston becuase he is not a good defender or a good rebounder. Blair is undersized but he is rugged and tough..
Wright is a bad defender? Well that's just patently false. He struggles to guard bulky centers like Marc Gasol, Lopez, etc. for obvious reasons, but he's easily the team's best rim protector and in most cases, their best defensive center. Wright has had a DRtg of 100 and 105 with the Mavs with an average 5.8 block %.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Aggie E

Aggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of lightAggie E is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAdamMorrison View Post
Wright is a bad defender? Well that's just patently false. He struggles to guard bulky centers like Marc Gasol, Lopez, etc. for obvious reasons, but he's easily the team's best rim protector and in most cases, their best defensive center. Wright has had a DRtg of 100 and 105 with the Mavs with an average 5.8 block %.
Thats what I was talking about bro. he is a solid weakside shot blocker but not a good rebounder or a big man defender...
Aggie E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
Thats what I was talking about bro. he is a solid weakside shot blocker but not a good rebounder or a big man defender...
You said he isn't a "good defender," bro. Defense encompasses more than rebounding and post defense. He's a great rim protector and a good man defender outside of a handful of centers...
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote